TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I would imagine Elijah Burke has mixed feelings as well

Yesterday he could have said he had the honor to wrestle one of the best in his last match

Now..i wonder what he's thinking

I also would like to know how MVP feels...Knowing that Benoit was his inspiration in the business and the fact that he actually got Benoit to like him and put him over and the like

and how he feels now knowing the details

Here's the report from Studio B with Shepherd Smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW2uhCmOn4s

He mentions how Benoit idolized Dynamite Kid, it seems like one of the better-researched American news pieces I've seen on the case so far...

The sad thing is Dynamite warned Benoit about the troubles and ills of steroids and the wrestling business before, even on a LAW show back in 1999, but obviously he chose to ignore Billington's warning.

No man who kills their defenseless wife and 7-year-old child and doesn't have the guts to face a punishment for what he did, there is no words to describe. His wrestling accomplishments mean jack shit anymore.

It really pains me to say this since I was a rabid fan of him for 15 years, but let me re-iterate.

Chris Benoit is a total piece of shit and deserves no celebrations or tributes whatsoever.

I was as big of a fan of Benoit as anyone but I completely agree with you. The details we are finding out is that he is nothing but a cold blooded murderer. If he had just snapped and killed both in the span of a few minutes that would be at least somewhat understandable. But what we have found out is that there was premeditation involved and he knew EXACTLY what he was doing. This is contrary to what I thought as early as this morning but the sad reality is Benoit was not this great guy everyone thought he was but rather an abusive husband and a calculating cowardly murderer who planned and executed the killing of a woman and a defenseless child...his own damn child.

I am absolutely pissed at this scumbag and the more I think about it, the more I get angry about it. The shock of it is still there but Benoit has etched his name into professional wrestling history as one of the most evil and sadistic people to ever be associated with it. After reading the details, which I'm sure there will be more to come, he didn't snap and just do something...he was just a cold blooded bastard, a cold hearted murderer and a coward. I can't believe that just one week ago he was probably my favorite...now I wish he could be brought back to life just to see him killed again.

Benoit: "See No Evil - My Kind of Movie"

by Brett Hoffman

May 16, 2006

Last Monday at the world premiere of See No Evil, it became clear that most of the WWE Superstars were big horror movie fans. WWE.com had the opportunity to chat with SmackDown’s Chris Benoit, who had some interesting thoughts of his own on the film.

The Crippler, like most of the WWE Superstars gave the movie a rave review. However, he may have been more impressed by a different feature of See No Evil. “That was my kind of movie. The special effects were just incredible, the creative ways they showed everything, man that was just my kind of my film.”

Kane’s performance in See No Evil has so far been greeted with nothing but complimentary words. Some Superstars, Benoit included, think it may not have been too difficult for the Big Red Monster to get into character. “I’ll tell you what, there’s a couple times where you see him in the hotel, and he’ll have that look on his face. I kept thinking to myself, man, I’ve seen that look in his eyes so many times. This was just the natural part for Kane.”

A lot of the WWE Superstars that were interviewed by WWE.com were hesitant to name a favorite scene. This SmackDown Superstar, however, was quick to point out some of his favorites. “I especially liked the scene with the girl and the fire hose. The way that scene unfolded was just a lot of fun.” Benoit didn’t stop there. “The part with Kane and the police officer was also really cool.”

The former World and U.S. Champion offered a direct contrast to some of the more “weak-hearted” WWE Superstars who were frightened by See No Evil. “I wasn’t scared in there at all. I probably should have been, but I was way too into it to get scared. I think I may have enjoyed it a little too much.”

The thing that most impressed the Crippler was how the makers of the film were not afraid to show some of the more gruesome scenes. “It was a very graphic and gory film. The violence was so detailed. A lot of the times you thought they were going to cut away but they didn’t. They kept the camera right on the action. You were able to see everything that was going on which was different from most movies.”

Playing the role of critic, Chris wanted to give a thorough recommendation of the movie. “If you are into sci-fi, or horror flicks, See No Evil is definitely for you. The acting was great, and the special effects were above and beyond. I can’t recommend it enough.”

After showering praise on the movie, Benoit turned his attention towards his fellow Superstar, and now star of the big screen. “I’m very proud of Kane. I’ve known him for a long time. To see him branch out and extend himself like this is such a great accomplishment. I’m so happy for him.

See No Evil is the first major motion picture from WWE Films and Lionsgate. See the horror for yourself as the movie is now in theatres nationwide.

Benoit: "See No Evil - My Kind of Movie"

by Brett Hoffman

May 16, 2006

Last Monday at the world premiere of See No Evil, it became clear that most of the WWE Superstars were big horror movie fans. WWE.com had the opportunity to chat with SmackDown’s Chris Benoit, who had some interesting thoughts of his own on the film.

The Crippler, like most of the WWE Superstars gave the movie a rave review. However, he may have been more impressed by a different feature of See No Evil. “That was my kind of movie. The special effects were just incredible, the creative ways they showed everything, man that was just my kind of my film.”

Kane’s performance in See No Evil has so far been greeted with nothing but complimentary words. Some Superstars, Benoit included, think it may not have been too difficult for the Big Red Monster to get into character. “I’ll tell you what, there’s a couple times where you see him in the hotel, and he’ll have that look on his face. I kept thinking to myself, man, I’ve seen that look in his eyes so many times. This was just the natural part for Kane.”

A lot of the WWE Superstars that were interviewed by WWE.com were hesitant to name a favorite scene. This SmackDown Superstar, however, was quick to point out some of his favorites. “I especially liked the scene with the girl and the fire hose. The way that scene unfolded was just a lot of fun.” Benoit didn’t stop there. “The part with Kane and the police officer was also really cool.”

The former World and U.S. Champion offered a direct contrast to some of the more “weak-hearted” WWE Superstars who were frightened by See No Evil. “I wasn’t scared in there at all. I probably should have been, but I was way too into it to get scared. I think I may have enjoyed it a little too much.”

The thing that most impressed the Crippler was how the makers of the film were not afraid to show some of the more gruesome scenes. “It was a very graphic and gory film. The violence was so detailed. A lot of the times you thought they were going to cut away but they didn’t. They kept the camera right on the action. You were able to see everything that was going on which was different from most movies.”

Playing the role of critic, Chris wanted to give a thorough recommendation of the movie. “If you are into sci-fi, or horror flicks, See No Evil is definitely for you. The acting was great, and the special effects were above and beyond. I can’t recommend it enough.”

After showering praise on the movie, Benoit turned his attention towards his fellow Superstar, and now star of the big screen. “I’m very proud of Kane. I’ve known him for a long time. To see him branch out and extend himself like this is such a great accomplishment. I’m so happy for him.

See No Evil is the first major motion picture from WWE Films and Lionsgate. See the horror for yourself as the movie is now in theatres nationwide.

mainnew.jpg

Right now, AWA VP Jon Stewart is on The O'Reilly Factor discussing Benoit's death. O'Reilly is saying that Benoit was under the influence of steroids.

I remember seeing a midnight showing of "Cannibal Holocaust." The guy next to me was actingt he same way in the theatre.

Benoit had shitty taste in horror movies.

Here's the report from Studio B with Shepherd Smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW2uhCmOn4s

He mentions how Benoit idolized Dynamite Kid, it seems like one of the better-researched American news pieces I've seen on the case so far...

That was a great news bit. Initially, the first guy speaking sounds like he thinks the whole thing is ridiculous, you know, speaking all condescendingly. I much liked the second guy better. Still a wonderful recap of all the news today. I hate the scenes they edited together, though.

As morbid as it sounds, I'm curious about wrestling now. May watch a few shows, if only to see how they handle this. Even looked over the rosters earlier.

Completely off-topic, but when the hell did Jeff Hardy return? The last I saw of him, he was fired - or maybe quit, I can't remember - for being too sloppy in the ring. Anytime he did a promo, it was poetic gibberish, and he was constantly covered in glowing paint that looked half-assed put on.

They're really driving this steroids thing as a reason behind the murders.

OT, but I posted about the Benoit items on eBay on one of their messageboards and the thread has degenerated into "wrestling's fake, these guys don't ever get hurt." I tried to be defensive, but opted out when I realized I was just being lumped into the group of people who buy into every aspect of wrestling being real.

Of course they're going to use steroids as a cop out.

I have no doubt that he used them, but it's pretty obvious he has other issues and might have had them for quite sometime.

What I'm more shocked about is that no one found out about his DUI until now.

Shepherd did a good job of research, even pulling Dynamite out of nowhere and actually mentioning Benoit's career and influences but O' Riley and others just march right to "STEROIDS DUH!" angle.

Guest Dolfan483

After hearing about this tradgic story for the last 2 days, I keep wondering why the hell did he do it? And if it was planned, How long had he planned? And maybe, JUST maybe, we all might be going wrong about all this (i doubt it). Maybe Chris and Nancy had a arguement, maybe he shoved her or something to that affect and she maybe hit her head on a table or something which caused her to bleed, she was already dead, he put the cord around her, binded her up and left her there. Then he goes into Daniels room, thinking that he would be in a better place and that he would hate him for killing his mother, and killed him. Then, he was so guilty that he killed himself. Im probably going all wrong about this, but everything is a possibilty.

What's the point of all these condemnations of Chris Benoit? What he apparently did is horrible, and can never be forgiven...but he's DEAD, what the hell is the point with going "I hope he burns in hell!11one"? He's GONE, if you believe in heaven or hell, he's undoubtably there anyway. You're wasting your time. Anyone who believes that Benoit was some monster that was secretly inhuman and wanting to kill people his entire life is a fucking moron. Benoit's mind apparently collapsed, and over a seemingly long stretch of time. This can be attributed to MANY things, including Steroid and HGH use, depression, anger, and so on. Benoit apparently never opened himself up to anyone, so he likely bottled up any of that inside. I sincerely doubt Benoit was this evil crazed man that oh so many of you want to believe he is. It's MUCH easier to look at the world in black and white, but the simple fact is that 99% of the history of the world is painted in people who are neither good nor evil. With enough prodding, enough depression, enough pills, enough injections, ANY PERSON can snap. Do I justify what Benoit did? Fuck no. He killed not only his wife, but his child, in seemingly brutal fashion. There's never anything you can ever say to justify that, but get off your moral high horse because that stance is not realistic to the world and the events surrounding this.

Who you all should be directing your anger to is NOT the man who killed himself by hanging. You should be directing your anger and frustration to WWE and Benoit's "friends". By the accounts that are coming out, Benoit's mind had been in a dark, dark place for a long time. Ask yourself this question, why did no one ever do anything to help him? If he was in this condition for years, then WHY did anyone never raise their voice and say "Benoit needs help"? Why didn't they know? Is it because they didn't know (highly unlikely), didn't think Benoit was capable of such a thing (maybe), or they were simply afraid of either upsetting Benoit, or getting bad publicity? Ask yourself that.

Three people are dead, and one person technically killed them all. There's no point in condemnations anymore. If you believe in right and wrong, yin and yang, or judgement then he's already received it. Your mindless group activity telling a dead man to burn in hell does nothing except waste space.

It's just amazing to see a man who built up a rep of being respectful and repsected, a warrior, a great technical wrestler, and an all-around good guy for over 40 years tear it all down and be labeled a scumbag, a piece of shit, and an all-around loser in a matter of days. Yes he does deserve every label he will receive, and yes the fans are justified in having those thoughts...but it's just unbelievable to see it all unfold this way.

i wonder how many wrestlers will attend his funeral .. .and how the crowd in edmonton will react (i think there is a smackdown/ecw taping in a few weeks)

The Western Canada tour has been officially postponed for obvious reasons.

I'm currently at work, and thus cannot type as much as I want to at this point. When I get home later I'll elaborate more. If I'm repeating what others have said, sorry. I don't have time to go back through the last few pages.

Every news site is saying "roid rage" caused all of this, and I just read the statement on WWE.com that attempts to discredit that. I think it's way too early, especially with no toxicology reports, to make that assumption. I feel this is just the media being sensational as it always is, leeching onto a well known issue within pro wrestling (and Vince McMahon) to make this horrible case even more over the top.

What I fear is that this will turn into Vince McMahon/WWE vs. The Media Trying to Bring Him Down Yet Again, and the tragedy of yesterday will be second fiddle to Vince trying to emancipate his company.

The WWE can make great changes to improve it's company. I just hope they don't spend all their time fighting a dumb enemy. If Benoit's reports come back and he was all roided up more than Chris Masters, then they have reason to fear. But not now.

I think I found the facegroup group mentioned earlier in the thread. There's people on there insisting that no one call him a murderer since "the facts aren't all here yet" and such. Plus there's this gem:

With a story like this, don't even bother with the major news outlets. WWE.com is going to be the most solid source of news. It will come out slower than the major news channels, but that's because they won't put something out there until it's confirmed because they have a level of respect and a connection to the story... just like local sports stations are more reliable for local news than ESPN, so too is WWE.com for stories like this than news channels.

Off topic I know, but does anyone else in here love how O'Reilly found a guy associated with wrestling named "Jon Stewart" to comment on Benoit?

What's next? Jon Stewart finds some lowly indy guy named "Bill O'Reilly" to comment on Benoit if The Daily Show covers it?

Because last week's RAW involved the death angle

Hilarious. Okay, point taken. Is there some recent taping, say the preceding Smackdown before the death angle or the Raw from the week before? There's got to be some stock footage in that vast WWE library that they can use to fill time rather than explicitly cashing in on a wrestler's death, regardless of whether the company knew about the circumstances or not.

I think I found the facegroup group mentioned earlier in the thread. There's people on there insisting that no one call him a murderer since "the facts aren't all here yet" and such. Plus there's this gem:

With a story like this, don't even bother with the major news outlets. WWE.com is going to be the most solid source of news. It will come out slower than the major news channels, but that's because they won't put something out there until it's confirmed because they have a level of respect and a connection to the story... just like local sports stations are more reliable for local news than ESPN, so too is WWE.com for stories like this than news channels.

They did have the most developments on the McMahon case after all.

My personal feeling, vis a vis the death of his son, are that after killing Woman in a fit of rage, Chris thought it over, and decided that he was going to kill himself, and didn't want his son to suffer through the death of both his parents, and thus killed him.

I don't think hate or anything entered into it.

What's the point of all these condemnations of Chris Benoit? What he apparently did is horrible, and can never be forgiven...but he's DEAD, what the hell is the point with going "I hope he burns in hell!11one"? He's GONE, if you believe in heaven or hell, he's undoubtably there anyway. You're wasting your time. Anyone who believes that Benoit was some monster that was secretly inhuman and wanting to kill people his entire life is a fucking moron. Benoit's mind apparently collapsed, and over a seemingly long stretch of time. This can be attributed to MANY things, including Steroid and HGH use, depression, anger, and so on. Benoit apparently never opened himself up to anyone, so he likely bottled up any of that inside. I sincerely doubt Benoit was this evil crazed man that oh so many of you want to believe he is. It's MUCH easier to look at the world in black and white, but the simple fact is that 99% of the history of the world is painted in people who are neither good nor evil. With enough prodding, enough depression, enough pills, enough injections, ANY PERSON can snap. Do I justify what Benoit did? Fuck no. He killed not only his wife, but his child, in seemingly brutal fashion. There's never anything you can ever say to justify that, but get off your moral high horse because that stance is not realistic to the world and the events surrounding this.

Who you all should be directing your anger to is NOT the man who killed himself by hanging. You should be directing your anger and frustration to WWE and Benoit's "friends". By the accounts that are coming out, Benoit's mind had been in a dark, dark place for a long time. Ask yourself this question, why did no one ever do anything to help him? If he was in this condition for years, then WHY did anyone never raise their voice and say "Benoit needs help"? Why didn't they know? Is it because they didn't know (highly unlikely), didn't think Benoit was capable of such a thing (maybe), or they were simply afraid of either upsetting Benoit, or getting bad publicity? Ask yourself that.

Three people are dead, and one person technically killed them all. There's no point in condemnations anymore. If you believe in right and wrong, yin and yang, or judgement then he's already received it. Your mindless group activity telling a dead man to burn in hell does nothing except waste space.

I blame rock music and violent video games.

Wow. Lets blame everyone except Chris Benoit, who was simply too weak to deal with the things in his life. Some people are unbelievable.

Way to go chief! You can generalize! Yay for you!

No one in their right mind says Benoit isn't at fault. If you are too ignorant to accept that there are circumstances surrounding the reason that Benoit would do this, then your delusional. A sane person doesn't just fucking wake up and decide to not only kill their family, but themself. And if they do? THEIR NOT SANE.

BTW, message to Scott Keith, from now on tell your publishers to only put generic wrestling images on the covers of your books

51GMY82XWBL._AA240_.jpg

We know what happened to him

510BG560WPL._AA240_.jpg

Soon after the book came out Austin got turfed from the WWF

51QV75S7M7L._AA240_.jpg

I'm not sure who that is actually.

51F21WGCF1L._AA240_.jpg

Spike Dudley, Test (wherever he is at the moment) and Matt Hardy better be worried!

The signs of his deterioration seem to go back to Nancy's initial complaint. It seems he'd been having increasingly violent mood swings for the past 4 years. Allegedly he seemed distant and troubled since coming back from a sabbatical, even being distant from old friends. He knew he wasn't going to get a run on top ever again and was now going to be used to put over guys like Kennedy, MVP and CM Punk. He was spinning his wheels and wasn't going to be a main event player despite his tenure. He got bumped down to the promotion viewed as the bottom brand where the title had been on Vince McMahon weeks before as a joke. Meanwhile his relationship with his wife had grown strained since he was away a lot, was becoming dependent on prescription drugs, had violent swings and again became distant from her. I can only imagine what was the final trigger that made him go home and kill his family, but I am assuming news will come out with the details. Apparently his wife was considering divorce proceedings and was worried about his mental wellbeing and said as much to mutual friends of the Benoits and Harts so obviously she had some concerns before this all happened.

While his achievements are to be admired, sadly he has went from a personal hero in my eyes to cold blooded scumbag coward. The only solace I take is knowing no one will suffer amongst them ever again, whether it be Chris from occupational depression and psychotic urges, his wife due to his violent behaviour or his son who became a Frankenstein project under his twisted but well intentioned father.

The signs of his deterioration seem to go back to Nancy's initial complaint. It seems he'd been having increasingly violent mood swings for the past 4 years. Allegedly he seemed distant and troubled since coming back from a sabbatical, even being distant from old friends. He knew he wasn't going to get a run on top ever again and was now going to be used to put over guys like Kennedy, MVP and CM Punk. He was spinning his wheels and wasn't going to be a main event player despite his tenure. He got bumped down to the promotion viewed as the bottom brand where the title had been on Vince McMahon weeks before as a joke. Meanwhile his relationship with his wife had grown strained since he was away a lot, was becoming dependent on prescription drugs, had violent swings and again became distant from her. I can only imagine what was the final trigger that made him go home and kill his family, but I am assuming news will come out with the details. Apparently his wife was considering divorce proceedings and was worried about his mental wellbeing and said as much to mutual friends of the Benoits and Harts so obviously she had some concerns before this all happened.

While his achievements are to be admired, sadly he has went from a personal hero in my eyes to cold blooded scumbag coward. The only solace I take is knowing no one will suffer amongst them ever again, whether it be Chris from occupational depression and psychotic urges, his wife due to his violent behaviour or his son who became a Frankenstein project under his twisted but well intentioned father.

I'd like to hear Michael Hayes view on Benoit. Wasn't it him that wasn't a big fan of Benoit and din't want to push him? Could he have seen something? Or could this have made Benoit more angry, the way Hayes treated him.

BTW, the 3rd Keith cover on his book, isn't that also Test?