TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Edge injured; out of action for undetermined length of time

My friends Jon, Nathan and I were at Raw, SD, and ECW this week... (Jon was that guy next to the guy with the toilet seat on raw) and we were really upset with the fact that edge lost it. We thought that he wasnt really injured and would come in the battle royal and win it a 4th time.... or that HHH or Rey could come out.... or some dude from Raw would jump ship a la angle. Although the great khali won.... he is going to lose it at the bash. I just want Edge to come back 100% and win the rumble and be immortalized at mania.... His 3 title wins were under technicalities...

You know, I understand that its the internet thing to talk about HHH squashing everyone and holding the rest down, but has there been much evidence of this in the past 2 or 3 years other than internet hearsay? He jobs in every big match and hasn't held a title since early 2005. I just really doubt that he wants Booker and Kennedy on Raw to squash them and that he's so upset that Edge was the one who got away. It's totally ridiculous.

You don't know the H man very well...

This is what is truly bizarre about HHH. It's at the point where we know he's going to job in a critical match, but yet he'll bury people in other circumstances. Is there anyone who gives Booker a hope in hell in this upcoming feud? Or Kennedy?

Al, you're more optimistic about the guys in the Spirit Squad than I am. Personally I think Kenny will always be tainted by it and the others are back in developmental doing nothing, waiting to be released.

You know, I understand that its the internet thing to talk about HHH squashing everyone and holding the rest down, but has there been much evidence of this in the past 2 or 3 years other than internet hearsay? He jobs in every big match and hasn't held a title since early 2005. I just really doubt that he wants Booker and Kennedy on Raw to squash them and that he's so upset that Edge was the one who got away. It's totally ridiculous.

You don't know the H man very well...

But you do!! :D

Are you crazy? Khali can actually bump. And has had decent matches with someone on a PPV main event, multiple times. He's carryable. Gigante just knocked Flair around with a few shoulderblocks and would get DQ wins from Horsemen-ference. Jay Leno was a better worker than Gigante.

Khali's actually bumped about as many times as I can count on my fingers. He literally can't do it much because of his freakish physique, he'd actually break stuff internally if he did. And yeah, Gigante's entire offense consisted of lame forearm slaps to the back, but at least he looked slightly light on his feet, and not like he's always half a second away from tripping and falling like Khali frequently does. Plus, he'd actually sell his opponent's offense. (Awaiting "big guys R invincible and shouldn't sell!" argument.)

The Spirit Squad says hello.

The Spirit Squad was a step above enhancement talent anyway.

The Spirit Squad were actually getting very good heat as tag champs before the DX feud.

And let us not forget SS last year....

I'm so pissed Edge got injured. I was hoping he'd have a longer run this time around. I wish the WWE would have just kept the title on him last year, he was on a roll as the WWE Champion before his reign was cut short just because they wanted people to go see the Marine.

that sid/el gigante match is the worst match i've ever watched in my life. my drunken friends put on better matches.

that sid/el gigante match is the worst match i've ever watched in my life. my drunken friends put on better matches.

Actually it wasn't _that_ bad. At least it was kept short... the OMG/El G brawl was god awful after the fact though.

Guest joshtothemaxx

Back to the title curse thing that wwe.com put up... How's this for an idea, and maybe the WWE is thinking about this.

What if they run an angle where Khali gets injured doing something normal, like he "breaks his leg" walking to the ring this Sunday (this match will be on the undercard so it's possible). Maybe do that again with another wrestler or two, thus further cementing the "curse". I could see it leading up to some hilariously good/bad promos and matches for the belt where nobody actually wants to win, and the guy with the belt constantly freaking out about getting injured and such. This would have the potential to go on for a really really long time. To kill the story arc just have someone like the Undertaker or Kane get the title back and make up some bull shit about how they're all... mystical and dispelled the curse or something.

I just think the idea of a whole roster not wanting the belt really unique and intriging.

Back to the title curse thing that wwe.com put up... How's this for an idea, and maybe the WWE is thinking about this.

What if they run an angle where Khali gets injured doing something normal, like he "breaks his leg" walking to the ring this Sunday (this match will be on the undercard so it's possible). Maybe do that again with another wrestler or two, thus further cementing the "curse". I could see it leading up to some hilariously good/bad promos and matches for the belt where nobody actually wants to win, and the guy with the belt constantly freaking out about getting injured and such. This would have the potential to go on for a really really long time. To kill the story arc just have someone like the Undertaker or Kane get the title back and make up some bull shit about how they're all... mystical and dispelled the curse or something.

I just think the idea of a whole roster not wanting the belt really unique and intriging.

No, the word you're looking for is stupid. It would be a really stupid idea to have a storyline of the whole roster not wanting their brand's world title.

i'd be intrigued if they book it right, but i can see where such a scenario would devalue the WHC

when was the last time a tournament determined the WWE or WH champion?????

I'm sure I'm wrong, but...

WWE Championship - Surviror Series 1998

World Heavyweight Title - Has it ever?

Every other tournament they've held since was for the winner to get a title shot.

Guest joshtothemaxx
QUOTE(joshtothemaxx @ Jul 19 2007, 02:36 PM)

No, the word you're looking for is stupid. It would be a really stupid idea to have a storyline of the whole roster not wanting their brand's world title

Give me a solid reason why. Go.

Guys normally got hurt and injured or had miserable years after being put on the cover of Madden, you didn't see guys wanting to not be put on the cover of Madden. You'd basically would be making the entire roster superstitious of the belt and most of the matches for it would involve the top guy trying to make the other pin each other.

That's late WCW quality bad.

Guest joshtothemaxx

It was just a fucking idea. It's not like I REALLY think it would or should happen, but I am for ANYTHING that makes the WWE more watchable now. Lashley v. Cena with totally boring lame ass build is miserable, as is the big man clusterfuck that's going to happen Sunday. I just want some creativity is all.

And saying something is stupid isn't a damn justification. It's just lame anonymous internet name calling.