TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO Great American Bash Thread

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Bobby Lashley

This match should've been saved for Summerslam, and I think a rematch is possible so I'm going with a double DQ.

Winner: Cena

World Heavyweight Champion The Great Khali vs. Batista vs. Kane - Triple Threat Match

This is a match that has people wondering, since it just happened due to injuries. Does anybody think Khali will actually retain the title? Or better yet, Batista regains it?

Winner: The Great Khali

ECW World Champion John Morrison vs. CM Punk

There will be a Summerslam rematch and Punk will finally win there. I see Morrison retaining and at Summerslam it'll be an extreme rules title match when Punk finally wins the big one.

Winner: Nit......... er............. Morrison

Intercontinental Champion Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy

Hardy defeats Umaga here to win the IC title. If the Jackass storyline is gonna start, I guess they want to take the title off of Umaga first.

Winner: Hardy

Women's Champion Candice Michelle vs. Melina

Candace retains, and it'll probably be a rematch with something like a pudding match or something at Summerslam to work with the gimmick.

Winner: Candace

Dusty Rhodes vs. Randy Orton (Texas Bull Rope Match)

Orton wins to continue to Legend Killer gimmick. Will probably see Orton vs. Cody Rhodes at Summerslam. Rhodes will be a bloody mess in this match.

Winner: Orton

United States Champion MVP vs. Matt Hardy

MVP retains. I don't think it's time for them to take the title off of him yet. Then again, there is a small push going on lately for Matt.

Winner: MVP

Sandman vs. Carlito

Sandman over Carlito. I think this will be the begining of some sort of small push for Sandman. I wouldn't think they would put Sandman on a non ECW pay per view for nothing.

Winner: Sandman

Added last minute to the pay per view:

Cruiserweight Open: Chavo vs. Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Shannon Moore vs. Funaki vs. Jamie Noble

I say Noble wins the strap to give it a change of pace.

Winner: Jamie Noble

One last BOLD prediction, we will get either a NEW Triple H return video or a backstage promo with Booker T on Triple H to set up their match at Summerslam. Booker down, Kennedy, Orton and Cena to go for Hunter.

Meanwhile, somewhere the WWE and World Tag Team champions are crying in a corner.......

YAY! My first crack at a PPV prediction thread!

Cena vs. Lashley

I figure the superman push isn't over just yet, and Lashley is just the next "monster to be slain".

Khali vs. Batista vs. Kane

I WANT KANE TO WIN, but I know he won't. Khali has transitional champion written all over him, as post two-losses to Cena, he'll never be taken seriously as a monster again.

Morrison vs. Punk

Like you said, an obvious set-up for a blow-off at Summerslam.

Hardy vs. Umaga

I'd love to see Jeff win here, but I really don't see it happening. I think he'll put in a great effort though.

Candice vs. Melina

Who honestly cares? I'll just go with Candice.

Orton vs. Rhodes

The old man is gonna get creamed, and the son will want revenge.

MVP vs. Hardy

This one could honestly go either way, but I'll go with my gut and say Hardy.

Sandman vs. Carlito

Something for the fans, it'll be a good garbage match.

I would have liked to see a cruiserweight match, but I don't know if they're gonna have anyone win the title from Chavo, because I'm pretty damn sure they'll begin a program between him and Rey when he's back fully.

And no tag matches? For shame, WWE.

Another Chavo-Rey program? We've seen enough and if that does happen, it wouldn't be over the CW belt.

I was thinking that too, but it might honestly just be Rey wanting revenge for Chavo putting him on a shelf. The title would just be icing.

Of course, I could be (more than likely) totally wrong.

Guest Kesh

My predictions

John Cena def Bobby Lashley to retain the WWE Championship

~Cena never loses, I dont really hate him like most but its just gotten to the point where its so repetitive that he retains ALL THE TIME that its just boring and not to interesting, to me at least

John Morrison def CM Punk to retain the ECW Championship

~I agree with what dx1997 said, a rematch for the title occurs at Summerslam where Punk takes the title, probably in extreme rules, maybe a triple threat with Burke thrown in there

The Great Khali def Kane and Batista to retain the World Heavyweight Championship

~I'm not really sure why people think WWE is going to take the title off Khali so soon, if they didnt want him as champ he wouldnt have won that battle royal. Khali pins Kane to retain here, goes on to face Batista at Summerslam

MVP def Matt Hardy to retain the United States Championship

~Just can't quite see them taking the belt off MVP here, unless Batista wins the world title and they wanted to move MVP up into a program with him, hopefully the Hardy-MVP feud continues

Umaga def Jeff Hardy to retain the Intercontinental Championship

~honestly I could see them putting the strap on Jeff here too, but I think that they want to keep the IC title on Umaga during this upcoming Jackass feud(like they did during the Trump thing)

Candice Michelle def Melina to retain the Womans Championship

~sorry but I really dont give a shit about this feud, give the belt to Mickie please

Randy Orton def Dusty Rhodes in a Texas Bullrope match

~hmmmm, on one hand I think this will be all kinds of awful because Dusty is way to old to put on something plausible, but this should serve its purpose of setting up Cody Rhodes vs Randy Orton for Summerslam

Sanman def Carlito

~the start of a mini push for Sandman? who woulda thunk it

All in all I think the card is just so-so for this ppv. Definetly not worth throwing down 40 bucks for but if I can get some of my buddies to watch it, it might be worth the 10 or so I would have to pay. There are a couple matches that should be quite good (Morrison/Punk, MVP/Hardy) others that could be decent (Umaga/Hardy, Cena/Lashley, hell maybe even Khali/Kane/Batista). But theres nothing that really sticks out as "must see".

With the exception of MVP-Matt and maybe Punk-Morrison, this looks absolutely horrible. But I have to admit, I am curious about whether Cena can drag a good match out of Lashley, and if the SD three-way will be as bad as it looks on paper.

Might as well take a crack at it:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Bobby Lashley: I also think it was a bit early for this match and it could have been built better. It'll be a double pin or something goofy (DQ, countout) where Cena retains so they can do a SS rematch.

World Heavyweight Champion The Great Khali vs. Batista vs. Kane - Triple Threat Match: Why would anyone think Khali would simply job here? Look, you don't just put the belt on the guy if he's not going to have ANY sort of successful defense. Kane is there to blatantly do the job. Khali vs. Batista at SS, maybe in the return of the Punjabi Prison so Khali can lose without being pinned.

ECW World Champion John Morrison vs. CM Punk: Man, 2 out of 3 of the title matches are better served being inconclusive. Since they don't care about Punk they'll have Morrison cheat to win here, but Punk will have his day at SS in an Extreme Rules match.

Intercontinental Champion Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy: I think Jeff will find some way to win this thing, and I would expect the Jackass crew to run in and cost Umaga to set up that silly SS program.

Women's Champion Candice Michelle vs. Melina: This is a foregone conclusion, just job Melina out and build up Beth Phoenix to take the title.

Dusty Rhodes vs. Randy Orton (Texas Bull Rope Match): I'm assuming Orton beats up Dusty here but maybe blades himself and takes some abuse. They had something going here until they jobbed Cody in his first match on Raw to Orton, which I still don't understand. Isn't the point here for Orton to beat up old Dust and then his boy avenges dad?

United States Champion MVP vs. Matt Hardy: This is a typical setup I'm getting sick of on SD, namely a guy jobs his ass off in non title matches and then retains at the PPV. Have they never heard of two evenly matched guys trading a belt back forth a few times?

Sandman vs. Carlito: Sandman has been one of the few Raw additions that hasn't been buried or jobbed out yet. Since it's in theory his gimmick match and we haven't seen it in WWE, he needs to win.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Bobby Lashley

I think Cena will pull out the win or possible DQ but the feud will probably be carried into Summerslam

World Heavyweight Champion The Great Khali vs. Batista vs. Kane - Triple Threat Match

I'm saying Kane eats the pinfall with Khali retaining to have Khali vs Bats

ECW World Champion John Morrison vs. CM Punk

Morrison holds on to push this to Summerslam

Intercontinental Champion Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy

I'm thinking Hardy will get the push over Umaga

Women's Champion Candice Michelle vs. Melina

Candice will probably retain, but I'm hopeful that Melina will win at the Summerslam rematch

Dusty Rhodes vs. Randy Orton (Texas Bull Rope Match)

Orton will probably go over Dusty so it can further the Cody feud

United States Champion MVP vs. Matt Hardy

MVP will probably get the power of the push but Matt will give him a run for his money

Sandman vs. Carlito

Sandman will go over Carlito

Match of the night: probably Morrison/Punk

Another Chavo-Rey program? We've seen enough and if that does happen, it wouldn't be over the CW belt.

I was thinking that too, but it might honestly just be Rey wanting revenge for Chavo putting him on a shelf. The title would just be icing.

Of course, I could be (more than likely) totally wrong.

if you used that logic, they would point out that Rey lost the Loser Leaves Smackdown match so why is he still on the show.

Guest Kliqster
Look, you don't just put the belt on the guy if he's not going to have ANY sort of successful defense.

Kane and Mankind say hi.

Look, you don't just put the belt on the guy if he's not going to have ANY sort of successful defense.

Kane and Mankind say hi.

As do:

1. Yokozuna at WrestleMania 9

2. Bret Hart after IYH: Final Four

3. Randy Savage after Bash at the Beach 1999

Looking at the GAB page, I've noticed that Vince added a CW Open for the title. It hs Chavo, Jaime Knoble, Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang on the picture. ;)

Kane and Mankind say hi.

As do:

1. Yokozuna at WrestleMania 9

2. Bret Hart after IYH: Final Four

3. Randy Savage after Bash at the Beach 1999

As does Edge's first title run.

Looking at the GAB page, I've noticed that Vince added a CW Open for the title. It hs Chavo, Jaime Knoble, Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang on the picture. ;)

Also Funaki is on the pic.

WWE Championship

John Cena© Vs Bobby Lashley

Prediction: I don't think this one is to hard to predict. yeah, CENA WINS!

World Heavyweight Championship

Great Khali© Vs Batista Vs Kane

Prediction: I really, REALLY hope my boy Kane wins this one but sence WWE seems to be screwing him one way or another, Khali retains. Yawn.

ECW Championship

John whatshisnamenow© Vs CM Punk

Prediction: This one should be a great match. I'am going to go out on a limb and say that Punk wins.

Intercontinental Championship

Umaga© Vs Jeff Hardy

Prediction: Jeff Hardy. just so they could do the whole "OMG! HARDYS WIN BOTH TITLE" thing

United States Championship

MVP© Vs Matt Hardy

Prediction: See Jeff Hardy

Texas Bullrope Match

Randy Orton Vs Dusty Rhodes

Prediction: Eh, this could actually be an entertaining match. cody rhodes will interfier and Dusty wins this one

Woman's Championship

Candice Michelle© Vs Melina

Prediction: um, Candice will probably retain

Singapore Cane Match

Carlito Vs Sandman

Prediction: could be entertaining with some sick hits from the Canes here and there. Sandman wins this one

Cruiserweight Championship

Cruiserweight Open

Chavo Guerrero© Vs Jimmy Wang Vs Shannon Moore Vs Funaki Vs Jamie Knoble

Prediction: I'd say either Wang or a returning Rey Mysterio after Chavo is the last standing.

Overall. I think this PPV looks pretty fucking good and could be the best Tri-brand PPV sence Backlash. maybe even better. I'am looking forward to this one.

WWE Championship

Prediction: Bobby Lashley...

Prediction: The era of the Punjab will continue Khali

ECW Championship

John Morrison© Vs CM Punk

Prediction: The Rock star will win... Straight edge will fall to alcohol abuse tonight

Umaga© Vs Jeff Hardy

Prediction: The Samoan Bulldozer Umaga

MVP© Vs Matt Hardy

Prediction: MVP will pull out the W

Texas Bullrope Match

Prediction: How will H game react of if Orton loses, Orton needs to be strong before he is buried by H game

Woman's Championship

Prediction: Melina I think... don't care

Singapore Cane Match

Carlito Vs Sandman

Prediction: Carlito

Cruiserweight Open

Chavo Guerrero© Vs Jimmy Wang Vs Shannon Moore Vs Funaki Vs Jamie Knoble

Prediction: After the Benoit thing... Chavo will retain

Cena v Lashley - double count out, sets up some form of gimmick match at SS

Khali retains; if they wanted the belt on Batista or Kane they could've done so on Smackdown.

Morrison v Punk - Punk wins by DQ, sets up the obvious Extreme Rules match at SS.

Umaga v Hardy - Umaga by clean pin, they're rebuilding the savage.

MVP v Hardy - Hardy wins clean, though I'm not sure why.

Orton v Rhodes - Legend killer says Orton, but Randy/Cody at SummerSlam says Cody interferes and gives Dusty the "upset" victory.

Candice v Melina - Candice wins, the feud they have going is vaguely interesting.

Carlito v Sandman - Sandman via DQ when Carlito finally cracks him with the cane

Cruiserweight Open - Chavo retains.

Not making any predictions, I would find it interesting to have them jump the Smackdown belt around this week. Edge loses the belt, Khali wins the battle royal, Kane wins at GAB, and Batista wins it on Smackdown.

WWE Championship

Lashley (Vinnie Mac acts out of spite at the media critics and books a title win for the muscleman.)

Khali (Vinnie Mac acts out of spite at the net critics and books a title retention for the tall man.)

ECW Championship

John Morrison© Vs CM Punk

Morrison (Wrestlers who change their names/personas generally don't lose this quickly.)

Umaga© Vs Jeff Hardy

Umaga (Being built up for the Jackass feud, not down.)

MVP© Vs Matt Hardy

M. Hardy (to erase MVP's win over ****** as the most recent US title change)

Texas Bullrope Match

Orton (see Nitro/Dreamer precedent of building up heel by winning the face's speciality match)

Woman's Championship

Candice (Candice seems the new female favorite there.)

Singapore Cane Match

Carlito Vs Sandman

Sandman (WWE doesn't like Carlito.)

Cruiserweight Open

Chavo Guerrero© Vs Jimmy Wang Vs Shannon Moore Vs Funaki Vs Jamie Noble

C. Guerrero (title change doubtful in throwaway match.)

On the topic of Carlito, wouldn't it be something if Scott Hall interfered in that match to get revenge on Carlito from their match a week ago? Ok, I know that will never happen but I'd mark out.

Okay, I've been away all week so I reserve the right to be days late on this.

John Morrison? Man, that name just screams 'generic indy guy' on paper.

He's the lead singer of the band Kayfabe which includes: Dok Hendrix on drums, Leif Cassidy on guitar, Bob Holly on bass...Hunter Hurst Helmsley is their manager.

I have good feelings that Khali will lose tomorrow. They gave him the title in order for 2 faces to go after it which may generate in more PPV buys. Although ill mark out completly if Kane wins.... Batista is going to take it by PINNING Kane. Kali wont be pinned because im sure that WWE wants Cena to be the only man that pinned khali and made him tap. Sure Khali may be the Punjabi People's CHamp but c'mon.... you cant have him champ of a show that lost a big guy like Edge. Batista will keep Smackdown afloat for awile untl Taker and Edge return. Edge I believe will win it back a Wrestlemania. WWE owes it to him.

The difference with virtually all of those other brief championship runs is that those guys were all either fulfilling a gimmick (like Edge's first run) or were merely transition champions. When a guy is hurt the new champ is in theory supposed to a NEW CHAMP, as in someone who holds the belt for a while. I think Kane is obviously in this match to job to Khali so that Batista doesn't have to, and then they can do a Punjabi Prison or something at SS so Batista can regain without Khali really losing.

Yeah, interesting in a "Hmm.. that's some odd booking" kind of way. It wouldn't make any sense and would hurt the belt.

or it could be interesting that the top guys can all beat each other every given day

it'd be less predictable than the current situation, and isn't that what we want??????