TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Brandon

NFL Star headed to TNA

HELL fucking no. Most Nashvillians would cross the street just to avoid being anywhere near Jones. He's such a violent fuckup that even the NFL doesn't want him. And now TNA is signing him right in the middle of two of the biggest scandals in both wrestling and football history?

- Mike Johnson has confirmed that suspended Tennessee Titan, Adam “Pacman” Jones, has signed a deal with TNA. He will be performing as a professional wrestler. The deal was signed late last week. Details are sketchy at this point, we should know more tomorrow.

I'm going to watch this just for the train wreck moments.

Oh God no! Just when you think TNA can't reach any lower, I mean. How is THIS going to look for them after the Benoit scandal? They went relatively unscathed after it but the media and especially the sports media will go crazy on them.

Thanks Vince Russo for everything.

I guess this means Jones will never be seen on a NFL field again. I can't imagine Roger Goodell reinstating him after seeing him participate in something like this.

Exactly. You think his handlers would have nixed this move right away. It's so sad, since he was a legit shutdown corner and an excellent football player. He'll probably end up juicing and ripping up his acl or something.

I'll go the opposite way and say that participating in pro wrestling won't have any effect on his reinstatement.

The PWInsider comments noted that the Titans didn't have a problem with him doing it, and once he was suspended from the league they can't really keep him from doing what he wants to.

If he was ever to get let back after his suspension, I don't think being a part of a "fake" sport will hurt his chances.

BTW...

WTF are they going to do with him?

I don't know. Jones was suspended for being involved in violent incidents. I can't see being a professional wrestler making the commissioner comfortable with reinstating him. If this was a guy like Monty Brown, who as far as I know, made a clean break from the NFL, then asked to return with a clean record, it'd be different. But it's Pacman here.

Do TNA even remember they are in Orlando, not Nashville?

Obviously from the thread title, he is a National Football League player... his claim to fame is being the first person to get suspended for a full season under the new commissioner of NFL, Roger Goodell, for repeatedly getting in trouble with the law via multiple incidents at strip clubs across America, mostly in Vegas.

Thanks. I guessed he was an American Football player, but didn't get the "make it rain" jokes.

TNA signing Pacman is the practical equivalent of pouring a bucket of sewage on one's self, then screaming "Look at me! I'm a total nonstop dumbass!"

haha good one.

TNA really must be retarded. As someone else mentioned, after all this benoit stuff just happening they chose to associate themselves with a criminal? How stupid can you be? Of course Mike fucking Tenay and west will be screaming about how great it is to have him there I"m sure. god I hate tna.

i dont mean to sound like an asshole, but this just seems like TNA tryin to out tragedy WWE, what i am tryin to say is, Benoit kills his family huge tragedy, then TNA signs someone who shot and paralyzed a man who's life will never be the same and will suffer for the rest of his life

And by catalyst, that means he threw alot of money on stage, and some girl he was there with got in a fight with a stripper, which lead to him being kicked out the club and some guy came back shooting later who may or may not have known him.

he got charged with felony coercion. Not really that big of a deal.

Not to get me wrong here. he is a complete, spoiled, asshole who I hope never plays football again because of all his stupidity, but he gets bad coverage in this case. The worse he has done is spit on some women or something because he is a fucking asshole.

Which is why this is a bad idea. Pacman and his impulse control issues being a few feet from a angry Tennessee crowd....not that good of an idea honestly.