TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo Monday Night Raw Thread -- 8/6/2007

(I know it's early, but WWE is pimping this all over the website, so I thought it was a big enough deal to go on and start speculating. Still feel free to lock it you feel it's too early.)
-----
39586134ui5.jpg

Mr. McMahon Strikes Back!

This Monday night, live on Raw, Mr. McMahon strikes back. Find out what this means by tuning in to Raw at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

When Raw went off the air last week, an infuriated WWE Champion John Cena was wiping apple and spit off his face and staring lasers into Carlito, who thanks to Randy Orton, got a pinfall victory over The Champ. The Caribbean Superstar, who had argued that he deserved to be the No. 1 contender to the WWE Championship, now seems to have further ammunition to his claim. But, will he have to feel the wrath of Cena, who could look for revenge for his humiliating defeat?

Will Cena have something in mind for Orton, who has taken pleasure in sending messages to the champion in the weeks before their SummerSlam showdown? Last week, Orton added another legend to his casualty list when he took Sgt. Slaughter to boot camp and hospitalized him with a punt to his cranium. What is Sarge's medical update? And will yet another legend challenge Orton?

Another Superstar who made a powerful statement was Mr. Kennedy, who also wants to be recognized as the No. 1 contender to the WWE Championship. Kennedy did the nearly-impossible – put Bobby Lashley on the sidelines with a shoulder injury. How much will the loudmouth from Green Bay, Wis., boast about his latest conquest? And what is Lashley's condition?

You can find out the answers to these questions and more by tuning in to Raw on Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

Screw Vince, I know what caused the ratings drop! Remember, about 5 weeks ago when the Sheik came on and asked for a talk show, and Coachman said he'd think about it? 5 weeks of no Shiek is the obvious reason for the sudden drop. What else could it be?

This might sound stupid, but, could these 'tv guide blurbs' be a reason that people don't tune in? I mean, if you know whats in store for some part and it sounds crap. Why watch?

Place your bets now! Over or under the 2.5? All bets welcome!

Not much of a bet, clearly over 2.5 for the short term McMahon bump alone.

The problem is that bringing in the Mr. McMahon character by himself might charge up the Nielsen number for a week but would not help repair the damaged product.

If "Mr. McMahon" can be used as a catalyst to transition to a radically altered Raw format, then we might have something.

This might sound stupid, but, could these 'tv guide blurbs' be a reason that people don't tune in? I mean, if you know whats in store for some part and it sounds crap. Why watch?

Spoilers, 'blurbs' and so forth were around when the ratings were sky high. If people are going to be turned off, it'll be because of the product at the time; they'll know they'll probably get something they don't want to see and won't tune in to see it. They don't need blurbs to tell them that.

Spoilers, 'blurbs' and so forth were around when the ratings were sky high. If people are going to be turned off, it'll be because of the product at the time; they'll know they'll probably get something they don't want to see and won't tune in to see it. They don't need blurbs to tell them that.

Ah yeah, that's true.

With the way the Summer Slam portion of Raw looking bad, anybody else think that they might use the Elimination Chamber instead of Cena/Orton? I really don't like the idea since it reeks of 2003 booking, but I can see them using it to get a few more buys.

Mr. McMahon will cut a 30 minute promo making fun of those who aren't watching the show.

It will be interesting to try to listen for the hidden and not so hidden messages Vince will put out regarding the low rating this week. Of course he's going to lash out at the fans. It's our fault, dammit! :angry:

Damn..I was hoping we wouldn't have to see him for quite a long time. Why can't he just stay off the fucking show and not take up time that could be made for building up actual wrestlers? what a fucking egomaniac.

Damn..I was hoping we wouldn't have to see him for quite a long time. Why can't he just stay off the fucking show and not take up time that could be made for building up actual wrestlers? what a fucking egomaniac.

Could it not be his disappearance from our screens that has caused the ratings to go down? I personally find Vince McMahon pretty entertaining, I'll admit that he needs refresh himself and style of feud he puts himself into, but overall he's a really entertaining guy. It must be embarrassing for some of the roster to have a 60 year old guy be more entertaining and do more outrageous things for the company then they do.

Time to finally find out who (tried to) kill Mr. McMahon?

I'd love it if they did that. They are under pressure for to get a major storyline to pump up ratings.

The only thing I've really liked about Raw lately is Umaga, Kennedy and the lack of Vince.

Mr. McMahon will cut a 30 minute promo making fun of those who aren't watching the show.

It will be interesting to try to listen for the hidden and not so hidden messages Vince will put out regarding the low rating this week. Of course he's going to lash out at the fans. It's our fault, dammit! :angry:

But he already fired those fans.

They could have the voice over from Star Trek

"Previously on Star Trek: Raw"

Then show the recap of what happened.

Star-date 8.6.2007.8:00

King Book-ah and Jar Jar Boogie spend the 2 hours reviewing every single WWE Film from No Holds Barred to the Marine.

...........MaMahon is already coming back to tv? Great, just when I was getting used to it without him. Maybe he'll just make an annoucment and go away again.