TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

OaO Monday Night Raw Thread - 08/13/07

WWE.com Preview

Any time Raw rolls into the mecca of sports-entertainment – New York City’s Madison Square Garden – the strangest, most outrageous and most shocking things occur. This Monday night will be no exception, as heated rivalries build ever hotter toward SummerSlam, a crowning achievement seems inevitable, and WWE’s Chairman may suffer the consequences of some unexpected paternal affairs.

It was the mother – actually, father – of all bombshells last Monday, when Mr. McMahon was served a summons relating to a paternity suit for an illegitimate child. In the past, the Chairman has considered himself a “genetic jackhammer”; now it seems there may be truth to his statement. Does another McMahon exist out there, and if so, will the man who sired him own up to his parental responsibilities?

WWE Champion John Cena has never been one to back down from his commitments; however, his Garden obligation Monday night must have him considering it on some level. As if facing his SummerSlam opponent, Randy Orton, and Carlito in a Tag Team Match wasn’t going to be bad enough, Cena must do so with a savage partner who tried to destroy him last week: Intercontinental Champion Umaga. How can The Champ possibly co-exist with the Samoan Bulldozer and fend off a calculated attack from two of Raw’s most cunning Superstars? Read the full story ...

On top of everything else, Madison Square Garden will also host royalty this Monday night. After a momentary distraction by Queen Sharmell cost him his match last week, Jerry “The King” Lawler must hail King Booker and crown him in a Royal Coronation ceremony. How difficult will it be for Lawler, a wrestling “King” for more than 30 years, to swallow his royal pride and acknowledge Booker as His Majesty in the kingdom of sports-entertainment?

For the answers to these questions and more, be sure to watch Raw in Madison Square Garden, live at 9/8 CT, only on USA Network.

Before starting at 7PM. Anyone think the Umaga turn was a one night only thing and he turns back? Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Santino get his ass kicked by Umaga tonight.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm really tired of this King Booker shtick. I'd like to see Lawler attack King Booker, like he did when Booker tried to make him kiss his ring.

Umaga and Cena teaming up will be a disaster, as neither one of them is a good tag wrestler. Maybe Randy Orton will do his stupid running shin attack on Umaga and "KILL HIS LEGEND!".

And correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't Cena have a match against Umaga and Khali a month or so back... and didn't he win? I mean, why is Orton considered a legitimate challenge after that!?!?! AAAAARGH!!

If I remember correctly, Umaga and Khali basically tossed Cena around like a ragdoll for 5 minutes, then when they started in-fighting Umaga tossed Khali out the ring or something, then Cena sneaked an F-U on Umaga. So it wasn't like he destroyed them both, it was his typical underdog comeback win.

I wish the WWE could be a little more creative with Hunter's return. Why not make him run out wearing a wrestling mask only to reveal himself after saving King. Something a little different could work.

If I remember correctly, Umaga and Khali basically tossed Cena around like a ragdoll for 5 minutes, then when they started in-fighting Umaga tossed Khali out the ring or something, then Cena sneaked an F-U on Umaga. So it wasn't like he destroyed them both, it was his typical underdog comeback win.

Nope, versa-vice. Khali destroyed Umaga and tossed him, then Cena F-U'd and pinned Khali.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm really tired of this King Booker shtick. I'd like to see Lawler attack King Booker, like he did when Booker tried to make him kiss his ring.

Hey now, we need to support our fellow Texans and I can't even finish with a straight face. The whole "King" gimmick is so incredibly laughable. Yeah, it's amusing to see Mr. Huffman attempt a British accent, but they force him to play the role as if he really thinks he's an English king. I know the WWE has always liked portraying Booker like he's complete fucking retard, but come on. That's almost as bad as Paul Buarrrrrrrchill's old gimmick of really believing he's a pirate.

Umaga and Cena teaming up will be a disaster, as neither one of them is a good tag wrestler.

Foul! For that comment, you receive a 3 minute warning.

Personally, I hope that ratings drop like a goddamn stone so that we're not forced to endure weeks more of this Bastard McMahon crap.

Since WWE has been using "Bow Down to the King" or whatever the song is called to hype HHH's return, I wonder if he'll be using that elaborate Wrestlemania 22 entrance for his return? I hope WWE didn't invest a lot of $$$ into that throne if he was just going to use it once and never again. Also, is it just me or does HHH look even more bulked-up in his "We can Rebuild Him" video than he ever has before? His arms look gigantic.

Hey now, we need to support our fellow Texans and I can't even finish with a straight face. The whole "King" gimmick is so incredibly laughable. Yeah, it's amusing to see Mr. Huffman attempt a British accent, but they force him to play the role as if he really thinks he's an English king. I know the WWE has always liked portraying Booker like he's complete fucking retard, but come on. That's almost as bad as Paul Buarrrrrrrchill's old gimmick of really believing he's a pirate.

Hey come on, that was pretty entertaining for the month or so that it lasted. He was getting fairly over with it as well.

At least they mostly just had people beat the pirate up. They gave Booker the world belt only after he started using Thee and Thou in his promos.

How dare ye at speaking ill of King Booka thou shall go on bended knee to kiss King's Converse! Since HHH is using the "King of Kings" will he come out wearing alot of gold chains to reference 300? I kind of want to see HHH kick Coach off of the stage after yelling "THIS IS MSG!".

Before starting at 7PM. Anyone think the Umaga turn was a one night only thing and he turns back? Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Santino get his ass kicked by Umaga tonight.

One night? No. Until Hardy comes back? Yes.

I don't mind it, it makes me think Armando might make an appearance or two.

How dare ye at speaking ill of King Booka thou shall go on bended knee to kiss King's Converse! Since HHH is using the "King of Kings" will he come out wearing alot of gold chains to reference 300? I kind of want to see HHH kick Coach off of the stage after yelling "THIS IS MSG!".

HHH300.jpg

?

I'm going to the show as well. Hope its good. are they doing a second night at msg for smackdown/ecw? cuz I thought I heard cole say sd would be at msg next week?

I'm going to the show as well. Hope its good. are they doing a second night at msg for smackdown/ecw? cuz I thought I heard cole say sd would be at msg next week?

oh wait just checked wwe.com, sd/ecw is at mohegan sun tuesday night

think theyll have a tribute video for Brian Adams tonight?

oh wait just checked wwe.com, sd/ecw is at mohegan sun tuesday night

think theyll have a tribute video for Brian Adams tonight?

I'll be surprised if he's mentioned at all.

well i gotta work 5-10 tonight, got called in because someone called in sick, i'll have it on DVR when i get home, hopefully its a good show and maybe leave with a cliffhanger

HHH UPDATE SPOILER ALERT

by Dave Scherer

As of about 20 minutes ago, the plan was for HHH to NOT appear tonight at MSG. Of course, that is always subject to change but again, as of right now the plan is for him to not appear.

Raw can hit a serious home run tonight. I have a good feeling about this.

BIG POP #1

The Handle-Bar Mustached Messiah Returns to kick King Booker's ass. You may remember that King Booker's "type of people" don't stand a chance against the wielder of the mighty sledgehammer. A Scissors Kick, Book End, Harlem Hangover, or 110th Street Slam will only serve to anger the New-Blood Son of Vince. Expect more burials tonight than after the Civil War.

BIG POP #2

The Iron Sheik returns to MSG to unleash hell in a world he never made. Following one of the coolest segments in Howard Stern history, Sheik will hold nothing back to right the wrongs done against him by the likes of The Ultimate Warrior, who he knows from Georgia, B. Brian Blair, and even Hulk Hogan himself. Will Sheik get a TALK SHOW? And discuss Pontiac, Michigan? Humblings? Or will Sheik meet his demise from a certain Killer of Legends...

BIG POP #3

Santino's Guido Roots. He's been on a roll, and WHO HATES EVIL ACCENTS MORE THAN MSG?!?!? Marella will likely point out that Paul London is laughing...not about how he & Kendrick have been turned into mid-carders on Heat, but about KILLING PUPPIES AND TEASING BABIES. Santino hilarious fall in the darkness of Jersey Guido Scumbag Heel will continue at Ground Zero for Evil Foreign Gimmicks.

BIG POP #4

Umaga Redefined. The Umaga show. Will he lose his edge and fall into dangerous Rikishi territory? Remember, the big 'Kish's workrate, much like Umaga's, was highly touted at one time following a tremendous title bout with HHH on Smackdown. A babyface push could seriously harm Umaga's character. Not to mention a SummerSlam match with heatless Carlito. Will Umaga do something to prove his brick wall offense will remain as he begins to hear the cheers?

BIG POP #5

Sandman in New York. Sandman's at MSG, the crowd loves him, Vince seems to like him, so expect shenanigans tonight being that the Carlito feud is thankfully over. Sandman likely isn't winning a match anytime soon...but hey, neither did Orton, and he's about to be the WWE Champion. Sandman, at this time, is owed a WWE Title Match and is the uncrowned General Manager, so expect him to cane someone.

As well as Iron Sheik and Mick Foley, Evander Holyfield is also backstage at MSG.

:o

Hand on heart, much as I'm sure I'm in the minority, I'm hoping for more of the same from last week. If they have any Shiek/Regal interaction, I may just lose it. The Shiek talkshow may very well be too good to ever be true but then again, after last week who knows? Infact, pretty much everything UTSU mentioned would be welcome, plus of course heavy doses of Regal and a little bit of the sure to be fantastically OTT illegitimate McMahon child storyline.

Oh, and Cena getting booed out of the building. MSG has to be one of his bogey arenas, right?

Raw can hit a serious home run tonight. I have a good feeling about this.

BIG POP #1

The Handle-Bar Mustached Messiah Returns to kick King Booker's ass. You may remember that King Booker's "type of people" don't stand a chance against the wielder of the mighty sledgehammer. A Scissors Kick, Book End, Harlem Hangover, or 110th Street Slam will only serve to anger the New-Blood Son of Vince. Expect more burials tonight than after the Civil War.

BIG POP #2

The Iron Sheik returns to MSG to unleash hell in a world he never made. Following one of the coolest segments in Howard Stern history, Sheik will hold nothing back to right the wrongs done against him by the likes of The Ultimate Warrior, who he knows from Georgia, B. Brian Blair, and even Hulk Hogan himself. Will Sheik get a TALK SHOW? And discuss Pontiac, Michigan? Humblings? Or will Sheik meet his demise from a certain Killer of Legends...

BIG POP #3

Santino's Guido Roots. He's been on a roll, and WHO HATES EVIL ACCENTS MORE THAN MSG?!?!? Marella will likely point out that Paul London is laughing...not about how he & Kendrick have been turned into mid-carders on Heat, but about KILLING PUPPIES AND TEASING BABIES. Santino hilarious fall in the darkness of Jersey Guido Scumbag Heel will continue at Ground Zero for Evil Foreign Gimmicks.

BIG POP #4

Umaga Redefined. The Umaga show. Will he lose his edge and fall into dangerous Rikishi territory? Remember, the big 'Kish's workrate, much like Umaga's, was highly touted at one time following a tremendous title bout with HHH on Smackdown. A babyface push could seriously harm Umaga's character. Not to mention a SummerSlam match with heatless Carlito. Will Umaga do something to prove his brick wall offense will remain as he begins to hear the cheers?

BIG POP #5

Sandman in New York. Sandman's at MSG, the crowd loves him, Vince seems to like him, so expect shenanigans tonight being that the Carlito feud is thankfully over. Sandman likely isn't winning a match anytime soon...but hey, neither did Orton, and he's about to be the WWE Champion. Sandman, at this time, is owed a WWE Title Match and is the uncrowned General Manager, so expect him to cane someone.

What's MSG's feelings on Cena these days?

Could that be Big Pop #6 a.k.a. Heel Heat #1?

MSG tends to like the in-story babyfaces, with the exception of Bill Goldberg.

It's Long Island and Nassau that will cut your dick off if you are leaving the company soon, come off like a dork, or facing a badass mega-heel.

I predict Cena's reaction will be 50/50, as usual, and I hope the fans chant something cool for Umaga.

But this is the same arena where a relatively untalented guy like Bruno Sammartino stayed on top for thirty freakin' years because he was Italian.