TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Week 3 NFL and Indanap'iss Cotes

So Dallas has won me over. It'd be nice to see what the Bears could do with Griese at the helm. He's not the best quarterback out there, but he's certainly not the worst.

Denver looks like they're on the way to a 8-8, 9-7 season. A lot of people were picking them to possibly win the division but I was a little skeptical, and it looks like my fears were well founded.

So now Deangleo Hall needs to take his "thug" and "gangster" act off the team according to sports radio and the comment section of the AJC and the Vent at the AJC. \

God I hate this fucking city sometimes.

Dallas looks very good, but I still think New England is a couple tiers above the rest of the NFL at this point. Plus, I still say the Dallas defense is suspect to teams with any type of explosive offense.

You can't be 100% with New England until they play a potent offense. The Chargers were supposed to be that offense, but that has pretty much sputtered since the start of the year.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I think Lovie might just be too proud to admit error and make a change.

Political future.

Bump, set, spike.

I was actually a long-time defender of Rex Grossman. I thought that with enough experience we'd start seeing more of the good Rex than the bad Rex. But after last night, I'm ready to say he just can't cut it as a starter for a team that is trying to contend. He's regressed to the point that he endangers his team's chance of winning when he is behind center. I fear that Griese must be even worse if they haven't gone to him yet, so it might be time to look at trade options.

Who would've thought that Jake Delhomme would be this good (despite no real national attention)?

64% Completion, 626 yards, with 8 TD vs. 1 INT. He's tied with Tony Romo for 3rd with a 111.9 QB Rating.

You can't be 100% with New England until they play a potent offense. The Chargers were supposed to be that offense, but that has pretty much sputtered since the start of the year.

This should be answered next Monday night.

Guest Vitamin X
Who would've thought that Jake Delhomme would be this good (despite no real national attention)?

64% Completion, 626 yards, with 8 TD vs. 1 INT. He's tied with Tony Romo for 3rd with a 111.9 QB Rating.

I did. Delhomme's always been a good quarterback; the Panthers have been plagued with injuries the past couple years, with STEVESMITHSTEVESMITHSTEVESMITH as the only real receiving option. I bet he makes up most of those stats, but I didn't understand why they brought in David Carr to back him up and bring pressure on him.

Kind of like the time everyone wrote off Drew Brees- I swear I kept telling people, give him an injury free offense, a line, and a coach worth a shit and he would be great. He's proved that in San Diego as well as New Orleans.

This should be answered next Monday night.

Cincy's a more potent offense than Buffalo, but moreso than San Diego? Doubtful.

What completely irrelevant historical tidbit will ESPN talk about more tonight: The USC-Texas Rose Bowl connection with Bush and Young or the (roughly) one year anniversary of the Superdome reopening?

Keyshawn says that Indianapolis playing a close game with Houston yesterday indicates that they couldn't possibly hang with Dallas or New England.

Cancel the season!

Let's play the Super Bowl tomorrow!

Anyone else see Vince Young having the same career trajectory as Mike Vick, but without all the dogfighting stuff? I'm just not sold on the guy as an NFL quarterback.

The defense gave up the 51 points, not the offense.

Hence I said that they couldn't outscore the Cleveland Browns. They got intercepted to end the game, so they failed too. New England won't be allowing 45 points anyways, so it'll be tough to watch Brady to Moss all day against Cincy.

Nice to see Young getting love from ESPN. Would have thought they'd have been on Bush's dick seeing as how its ESPN.

And I hope they do play Deuce more, because Bush torched our 1st team D last year in the preseason.

tjonesstiffarm.gif

That's a thing of beauty. I've never seen a runningback just shove a defender out of the way with one arm. It's pretty clear to me that, over the course of the season, the Jets' offense is going to hinge on what kinda day Jones is having.

Also, Reggie Bush is awful at faking people out.

Two questions for anyone watching the Arizona game.

1. Why is Kurt Warner in?

2. Why is he leading the Cardinals back into the game?

Really, Baltimore? You're gonna let Kurt come back on you?

What is this? A Kurt Warner sighting?

apparently its scropted offense for the Cardinals where Warner will come in for a series or two a game and go no huddle to catch the other team off guard and it worked yesterday.

You cant tell me after what he did to the Ravens defense yesterday that Warner shouldn't be the starter over Leinart though. Yesterday was shades of what he was supposed to do last year. Boldin and Fitzgerald are capable enough to be huge threats if they had a decent QB and Warner is at least a decent QB, Leinart is garbage.

As for The Ravens, they have been up 20-3 going into the 4th quarter 2 straight weeks and given up scores to make the games closer (and in the case of yesterday, almost blown the whole game). Not a very good trend, but at least they sit at 2-1.

Anyone else see Vince Young having the same career trajectory as Mike Vick, but without all the dogfighting stuff? I'm just not sold on the guy as an NFL quarterback.

Be a top 10 QB in the league, get injured the next year, his coach who knows what the hell he is doing gets fired and gets a shitty coach for the next few years after he returns?

Nah. I don't think Jeff Fisher would get fired.

You cant tell me after what he did to the Ravens defense yesterday that Warner shouldn't be the starter over Leinart though.

Sure I can. Warner is not the long-term answer for the Cardinals, and making him the starter completely undermines Leinart. You have to give Leinart a chance to succeed or fail as the starter, because this team isn't going anywhere this season anyway.