TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The OaO Raw Thread - 9/17/2007

Randy is the Daddy Killer now?

That'll be a hell of a storyline when Harry Smith debuts.

He'd probably go after his granddad.

"This time, payback skips one generation!"

It's not, WWE had great tag team wrestling in 2000-2001 and the tag team scene was awesome on Smackdown! when they debuted the WWE Tag Titles

certainly a matter of opinion, I suppose. I hated the Dudleys and NAO, wasn't fond of the tag teams consisting of single guys put together on Smackdown.

i thought the double tag team battle royal earlier this year was pretty fun, though.

The main event was desperately trying to channel the killer ECW angle with Tommy Dreamer being handcuffed while the Dudleys broke Beulah's neck. However this angle tonight was more comical and absurd for these reasons:

1. Cena stood there like a douche not really all that emotional about his dad getting trashed, whereas Dreamer was screaming and acting like it was killing him to see Beulah attacked.

2. The Dudleys actually had venomous heel heat, whereas Orton is getting an ironic cheer from the crowd.

Overall this Raw tonight really showed the strain that the various suspensions are putting on the Raw roster. It seems thinner than ECW right now, which is saying something. HHH got to bury 5 men tonight, I wonder if that's a new record for him.

The tag team scene was phenomenal in 1990 (WCW), 1992 (WCW) and 1996 (WCW).

You have an awesome sig.

I'd also like to note that I'm drunk right now.

I agree... UseTheSledgeHammerUh does indeed have the best signature on the board, currently.

I would also like to note that I'm indeed intoxicated. Maybe the fact that I'm drinking heavily every time I watch RAW isn't such a great sign. Between the "main event" from tonight's lineup and the continued Hornswoggle storyline, I've been given plenty of motivation to keep downing 'em though.

The tag team scene was phenomenal in 1990 (WCW), 1992 (WCW) and 1996 (WCW).

You have an awesome sig.

I'd also like to note that I'm drunk right now.

I agree... UseTheSledgeHammerUh does indeed have the best signature on the board, currently.

I would also like to note that I'm indeed intoxicated. Maybe the fact that I'm drinking heavily every time I watch RAW isn't such a great sign. Between the "main event" from tonight's lineup and the continued Hornswoggle storyline, I've been given plenty of motivation to keep downing 'em though.

I'm drunk for various other reasons. My temporary job ended Saturday, so I'm back out looking for another job sadly.

I'm currently watching Mothra.

Never go back to Hicksville.

Fuck You. Nashville is anything but "Hicksville".

Do you live in Brentwood or something? Visit a local indy sometime just to see the amazingly creepy redneck types that crawl out of the woodwork for a Nashville wrestling event.

So I found Raw to be really boring tonight. It was a task to watch it. Thank God ECW is on tomorrow night.

Daddy Killer, Legend Killer, Ratings Killer, Buyrate Killer....

"Orton is on fire right now"

With such great matches during his "on-fire" main event push as...

Average Cody Rhodes semi-squash.

Awful Sgt. Slaughter Match.

Awful GAB Match.

Heatless tag w/ Carlito against Umaga.

Average tag w/ Carlito against Cenmaga.

Decent SummerSlam Main Event.

Awful Unforgiven Title Match.

Yes, Orton and his NO CHARISMA which is being booked as a "COLD, HEARTLESS STARE" and his "kicking old men in the head gimmick" are setting the stage for years to come! Not to mention his chinlocks, stomps, COLD STARES, shitty matches, skeleton bat T-Shirt, awful theme music, and EVIL STARE.

Orton's best "run" was, I'll admit, when he was having pretty decent outings most of the time in mid-2004, working with Shelton, Jericho, and Benoit nearly every week on multi-man Raw tags. Now he's just...standing there and stomping.

dude, you made me LOL. You win this thread.

I haven't been on HHH lately, but what the fuck was with him squashing the tag champions in a handicap match, destroying their babyface opponents, and beating Carlito's ass again?

Dark/Heat matches:

- Hardcore Holly d. Roughouse O'Reily

- K.C. James d. Cody Rhodes

- Ron Simmons d. Johnny Parisi

- Brian Kendrick & Paul London d. The Highlanders

The hell? I thought Hardcore's career was in jeopardy, Simmons' was over, and Parisi was fired long ago.

Guest Floridian Cool

A guy with Kennedy in his sig is going to rag on Orton for doing nothing but stomping? Have you watched any Kennedy matches?

I have not seen anyone do so little in the ring since Jake Roberts.

At least Orton has a decent finish. All of Kennedy's stomping just leads up to his shitty rolling...whatever.

Dark/Heat matches:

- Hardcore Holly d. Roughouse O'Reily

- K.C. James d. Cody Rhodes

- Ron Simmons d. Johnny Parisi

- Brian Kendrick & Paul London d. The Highlanders

The hell? I thought Hardcore's career was in jeopardy, Simmons' was over, and Parisi was fired long ago.

Don't believe everything you hear on the internet. ;)

I haven't been on HHH lately, but what the fuck was with him squashing the tag champions in a handicap match, destroying their babyface opponents, and beating Carlito's ass again?

He's been out for quite some time, he's got to refill his burial tank so he can feel like he's part of the team again.

Did anyone wonder where Simmons was on Raw? Santino beat him up last week and they didn't really follow this. If he was selling an injury it made no sense because we just saw him with Teddy Long on SD and he was fine.

I also took note of the HHH burial of 5 guys. Does HHH really think this stuff gets him over? It mostly makes him look like a douche, even to marks. This actually reminded me of some old Austin segments where Austin would stun anyone and everyone. It made me think that it's time for the whole "loner anti hero" character to go the way of the dinosaurs. How about a top star who has some friends and guys who are glad to watch his back?

Did anyone wonder where Simmons was on Raw? Santino beat him up last week and they didn't really follow this. If he was selling an injury it made no sense because we just saw him with Teddy Long on SD and he was fine.

I also took note of the HHH burial of 5 guys. Does HHH really think this stuff gets him over? It mostly makes him look like a douche, even to marks. This actually reminded me of some old Austin segments where Austin would stun anyone and everyone. It made me think that it's time for the whole "loner anti hero" character to go the way of the dinosaurs. How about a top star who has some friends and guys who are glad to watch his back?

It reminded me of when they were trying to get Orton over as their number one face after he lost the World Title. There was a Raw at MSG with a lumberjack main event of HHH vs. Jericho. Post-match when everyone was brawling inside and outside the ring, Orton (who was probably barred from the arena earlier), runs in and RKOs everyone in sight, even poor, SHIT Rosey who just tried to calm him down. The crowd reaction: mild at best.

It reminded me of when they were trying to get Orton over as their number one face after he lost the World Title. There was a Raw at MSG with a lumberjack main event of HHH vs. Jericho. Post-match when everyone was brawling inside and outside the ring, Orton (who was probably barred from the arena earlier), runs in and RKOs everyone in sight, even poor, SHIT Rosey who just tried to calm him down. The crowd reaction: mild at best.

They're just trying to recapture the Austin DTA crap.

I still don't understand why they bothered bringing London and Kendrick over to Raw. Even now, with a depleted roster, they still decide to squash 5 guys in one match? Meanwhile, Hacksaw Jim Duggan goes over in another match. Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

By the way, why was Daivari fighting over the Iranian flag considering it is well established in storyline that he's from Detroit? Hell, the initial Muhammed Hassan/Daivari angle stressed that these guys might be Middle Eastern but that they wanted to be treated like every other American.

Anybody who watches Raw is a glutton for punishment these days. It's just brutal, brutal television.

Vince McMahon doesn't like tag team wrestling because it takes double the wrestlers and thus double the salary to fill the same timeslot on the programming.