TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

The Office: Season 4

"As of this morning we are completely wireless here at Schrute Farms and as soon as I can find out where Mose hid those wires, we'll get that power back on."

Edited by KingPK

Guest MRK

It's still too early into this season but they need to do something with Jim and Pam. The chase in the first 3 seasons was great. Now that they are together it's not so much fun. They were like evil geniuses in hatching out schemes together, now that they are officially a couple, why can't they work together and cause some havoc for they amusement?

I suppose I'm the only one who thought "Have you-- have you considered satellite television?" was the funniest moment of the season so far. It was the delivery that made it, obviously.

If we're ranking half hours, I'd probably go with Money 2/2 and Launch Party 1/2 as my favourites. Launch Party 2/2 was pretty rough.

Seems like they took this last hr long ep for awhile as an oppurtunity to do some great character development that they wouldn't have been able to do in a just a half hr. Definitely my fav ep. so far this season.

This was a fantastic episode. It wasn't that funny, but it really wasn't supposed to be. The scene with Jim and Dwight followed by the Jam moment may be my one of my favourite moments of the series

Ditto.

When I saw the look on Jim's face I knew that he'd be going right for Pam the minute he got back into the office. Likely railed her somethin' fierce later on.

And holy fuck Jenna Fischer has stepped up the hotness this season. She's really got the "happy girlfriend glow" thing down.

good episode overall--aside from trying to jump the train, that was some of the best character development michael's ever gotten. also, great way to keep the tone of the show from getting too happy-go-lucky now that jim & pam are together.

what i don't get is that now that jim & pam are together, they've suddenly turned into these 2 perfectly content & well-adjusted people with no further ambitions or aspirations. some college kids in their late teens would be happy treading water as long as they were in a happy relationship, but jim & pam seem like they should be too old and too smart for that. if their characters continue to go nowhere, they're really going to irritate me.

I was afraid of something like that happening shortly after the show began. You knew the show would probably get at least 4 or 5 seasons, and they can't tease them getting together for that long. The British version wrapped things up nicely with them finally having each other, and then the audience is left to wonder what their life is like now.

It's almost like they need a new few seasons long story arc to replace it.

I think the big question now in terms of where Pam and Jim are at is if Pam will return Jim's feelings of love and what Jim will do if she doesn't. The way they're going right now it looks like the odds are going to be Pam breaking Jim's heart or being the one to call it off.

I think the big question now in terms of where Pam and Jim are at is if Pam will return Jim's feelings of love and what Jim will do if she doesn't. The way they're going right now it looks like the odds are going to be Pam breaking Jim's heart or being the one to call it off.

Except Pam was all flustered in the positive way when Jim kissed her in the office after his little talk with Dwight. Chances are your scenario isn't happening.

They are still in the "OMG we're finally dating!" phase of the relationship, so both of them are still going to be all googly eyed with each other. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this later in the season when they start to settle in.

I don't mean to imply soon, just that I'm not sure if this will last forever. And until I hear Pam say that she's in love with Jim I'll be skeptical about the relationship because......yeah......she is a female.

Oh ok, in that case that could happen, but for some odd reason I see Jim going "Ehh I fucked that, and it's nothing special" sort of thing and they start portraying Jim as a big asshole. This coincides with him being written out as he becomes a movie star...

I think either of them could do well as movie stars (isn't Jenna in Walk Hard?) but the problem is that for the most part they'd be playing Pam and Jim, though after seeing him on Law and Order I give Krasinski credit for playing a punk-ass white boy really well.

I would guess that if anyone became a major movie star they would not be able to do that and The Office at the same time...

This coincides with him being written out as he becomes a movie star...

There are no plans for any of that. They have arranged shooting schedules for Carell who seems to do a million movies.

I was half-joking. With Carell though, he is the major character on the show, so yeah they will work around his schedule, but for some reason I can see John Krasinski (and Jenna Fischer) eventually wanting out to explore other options.