TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

The Office: Season 4

Him getting the ring after a week. That's really sad.

The desk scene was fantastic, great acting by both. Both scenes were kind of painful to watch, since you know Pam still doesn't like him as much as he likes her

I don't even understand the point of this. The show would seriously be stupid to even have Jim propose to her by the end of this season, unless it means Pam turning him down, which would kill a lot of the fans of the whole Jim/Pam storyline.

"I think it's quite clear what I'm asking. Can she fit in a standard size rowboat without capsizing?"

"I did this for Joe Six-Pack."

I don't even understand the point of this. The show would seriously be stupid to even have Jim propose to her by the end of this season, unless it means Pam turning him down, which would kill a lot of the fans of the whole Jim/Pam storyline.

With the Michael/Jan friction and the Dwight/Angela/Andy triangle going on, I'm not really all that interested in any more drama between Jim and Pam. Before it was excusable what with Roy and Karen being involved. After making it through all of that, if they have any more problems, I will probably wind up disliking either one or both of the characters.

Yeah, I don't like when shows feel the need to force drama on fictional couples. There is a such thing as a couple just being happy, getting married, etc. I feel like it would take better writting to keep that interesting, rather than just putting a conflict in.

I agree that Jim can be really sad; when he showed the ring to the camera, you could just see the whole relationship blowing up in his face in a hurry.

I feel like the show has two focuses, Michael and Jim/Pam. They will continue to fuck with Jim and Pam until the show ends. I don't watch a lot of television, but the only sitcom I've seen really get away from the primary love interest for any length of time is Scrubs (seasons 4-7), and even they're starting to fuck with it again.

In a deleted scene, Michael reveals it has been a month since he and Jan broke up; he has been staying at Schrute Farm, and Jan is visiting her sister in Scottsdale.

Clips!!!!

Michael: We are going to get laid!

Dwight: With Sex!

What an odd role reversal.

Michael quietly dealing with rejection with Dwight easily hooking up with someone attractive.

While, Jim and Pam awkwardly pissing off everyone in the office.

"I have a few questions. 1) How dare you?"

Michael immediately starts the slow clap.

Some of Ryan's coked out commentaries were great, especially the tribal warfare after the nuclear holocaust and how Cabo is essentially third world.

Spoiler talk in regards to an episode title in a few weeks.

One of the upcoming episode's title is "Goodbye Toby", so he seems to actually be leaving. If that's the case, it sucks since we'll miss out on more of Michael's Toby-hate.

Oh my fucking God. Toby's exit was the funniest/most awkward thing I've ever seen. If that's the end of him for this series then it was an amazing way to go out.

I also loved Michael's answer to what to do with 'a friend' who has a drug problem, capped off with "I've been watching The Wire. I have no idea what they're saying."

Guest blame that goot.
Oh my fucking God. Toby's exit was the funniest/most awkward thing I've ever seen. If that's the end of him for this series then it was an amazing way to go out.

He can never be seen again after that. That was great.

"The ole ball and chain that's more ball than chain lately" "I'm RIGHT here!"

Creed had the security guards name right as well IIRC.... Hank

Dwight classifying "Hobbits and Amazons etc" was pretty good too

Its not about the sex, its about the loneliness

Needs to be rewatched..........

Maybe I'm the only one but the reveal of Ryan's coke problem made me feel a bit depressed. Yes, they made it humerous but it still felt awkward.

Michaels line about The Wire had me rolling and yes, Toby's exit will rank up there with one of the greatest moments in a long time.

Yeah, Ryan's coke problem was a bit of a bummer but that conversation about an inevitable nuclear holocaust resulting in tribal warfare was too dead-on.

"Do you live in a normal house?"

Toby's exit was also gold. Gold, I say, gold.

Really funny episode, but the writers must be taking the piss if we are to still believe that this is a documentary. The show has gone far beyond that premise now, which is a shame. In the Britsih version it was only David Brent that did anything that was out of the ordinary for an office, and although giving backround characters like Jan, Kelly and Creed has been part of the strength of the US version it has gone way too far. In this episode for example the sane/normal Toby would not in a million years do what he did in front of the camara.

However out of all the stupid OTT plots the writters have done this season, giving Ryan a coke addiction is actually by far the best, makes sence and is realistic.