TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

The Office: Season 4

Guest College Party
giving Ryan a coke addiction is actually by far the best, makes sence and is realistic.

doesn't matter 'cause he's not tappin' the beeze

Creed just never fails to be awesome.

"I'd like to line a piano in front of Pam without her glasses and see if she can play.

I'd also like to see her topless."

Probably the funniest episode of the season. It's no coincidence that it also had the most Daryl, Stanley, and Kevin we've gotten in most of the episodes this season. I'm loving the Tobey-Ryan pairing.

Guest College Party

I got the impression that Michael is starting to wise up to Darryl yanking his chain. It's getting to the point where it's unrealistic for him to be that gullible. I'm sure he's at least heard of Newsies. Stanley sure came off as a prick, though, didn't he?

Not really. His boss is a retard, makes a lot of terrible decisions, and constantly makes bizarre racial references to Stanley. Would you have any respect for a guy like Micheal?

Not really. His boss is a retard, makes a lot of terrible decisions, and constantly makes bizarre racial references to Stanley. Would you have any respect for a guy like Micheal?

Doesn't matter. Michael is still his boss.

Also, the Warriors and Newsies part was great.

Guest College Party

Stanley sort of came off as a really self-centered jerk in his talking head. I dunno. I like the character, but I think they added another dimension to him with the marital problems happening because he'll say whatever he wants. We knew he wasn't a happy guy, but some of that is his own doing. And speaking of character development, now we know why Michael hates Toby!

Here's something I didn't get: Jim and Pam are clearly out in the open, both to the office and the film crew but we still get Pam trying to be coy by saying she "slept over at a friends house". Weak.

Dwight's Org Chart

"Menstruation Legend"

I like how Creed's name is in quotation.

Does the double male/Mars symbol for Oscar mean what I think it does?

And Devon? The guy who got fired in the second season?!?

When do they post the new episodes on NBC.com? I missed the episode (NO MORE DVR!!) soo I'd like to watch it.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's on Hulu.com.

Is Jim still the #2 guy in the office, or is that just forgotten about

No he is. Well, atleast that's what it says in the chart.

Dwight's chart is old enough to have Tom, the guy who killed himself and Devon from Season 2, but updated enough to have Ryan at corporate and Jim as the #2. Just saying.

Really funny episode, but the writers must be taking the piss if we are to still believe that this is a documentary. The show has gone far beyond that premise now, which is a shame. In the Britsih version it was only David Brent that did anything that was out of the ordinary for an office, and although giving backround characters like Jan, Kelly and Creed has been part of the strength of the US version it has gone way too far. In this episode for example the sane/normal Toby would not in a million years do what he did in front of the camara.

However out of all the stupid OTT plots the writters have done this season, giving Ryan a coke addiction is actually by far the best, makes sence and is realistic.

Could you go into the differences a little more?

I'm trying to remember early Office, I watched it but I didn't get hardcore into the show until later so I guess I don't remember a lot of the first season.

Kinda odd that the org chart had Devon and Tom, but not Roy. I'm also disappointed that Dwight had a question mark next to the Star of David on Toby's square. If he knows the menstrual cycles of the women, he should know if Toby is Jewish or not.

With almost no warning time, Paul Faust got to join the world of Pam, Stanley, Creed and Michael.

That’s right Dunderheads, Faust, who runs a business in Pleasantville, recently appeared on an episode of The Office.

Faust made his debut on the popular show on April 17 playing himself, an owner of Disaster Kits Limited, a business that runs in the same office park as Dunder Mifflin. He is a member of Scranton Office Park’s “five families” is asked to attend a meeting by Andy and Kevin because another business’ construction is blocking off the Dunder Mifflin parking lot. Paul is referred to as Cool Guy Paul.

Faust’s road to the Office involved several only in Hollywood circumstances. Faust runs Primary Wave Media, located on Memorial Plaza. They publish music and license out vanity phone numbers, and also sell disaster kits. Faust is related to Angela Kinsey and Paul Lieberstein, who play Angela and Toby, respectively.

He had visited the set a few times, and made an impression on BJ Novak, a writer for the show who plays Ryan. When writing the episode, Novak based the character of Cool Guy Paul on Faust.

A day before the episode was going to be taped, they had no one to play Cool Guy Paul.

At 11:30 a.m., Faust received an e-mail from Lieberstein with the script attached, asking him if he could send back a video of him reading the lines. With little time to spare, Faust ran around Pleasantville looking for a video camera, and found one at Photo Works. He sent the tape back, and was soon told there was a first class ticket waiting for him out in Los Angeles. His plane landed at 1:30 a.m. Pacific time, he went to sleep at 3, got up at 5, and found himself on the set of “The Office” a few hours later. It was an experience Faust would never forget, especially when he saw that he got his own trailer.

“I got a (bleeping) trailer,” Faust exclaimed. “You guys are kidding me. I had assistant directors tracking my move.”

Faust had to shot the scene about 20 times, and then after lunch, had to shoot a different version of the scene. He made such an impression, that he got to do one of the show’s famous talking heads, though it was cut.

He flew back to New York at 11:30 p.m. He was in Los Angeles for less than 24 hours, but filmed a scene that was seen by millions of people.

“People spend their whole lives hoping for an opportunity like this,” Faust said. “What if I didn’t get that e-mail in time? So many things could’ve happened to not get me on the show.”

Faust has been enjoying his brush with fame. Since his appearance, he done interviews with Office blogs and participates in chats with the show’s rabid and devoted fanbase. He’s been recognised a few times, and his son asked him to sign an autograph for his teacher. Faust is also hoping to use his Office cameo for good.

He plans to sponsor a search and rescue dog named Dunder, and will be using his newfound connections as a way to raise money. He also has been in contact with the producers and NBC about selling Office-themed disaster kits.

Faust was a volunteer firefighter who spend time at Ground Zero on 9/11, and the tragedy made him realise how important disaster kits were. Using his vanity phone business, he acquired 1-800-PREPARE and has been selling disaster kits for the past year.

“I love the field,” Faust said. “No one really owns the market yet. I also donate a percentage of my profits back to organisations that respond or help clean up disasters.”

So far, Cool Guy Paul was just a one-time appearance, but Faust is hoping the writers will bring him back for future episodes. He would love to do a story with Dwight. Given that he was on the air for a couple of minutes, the possibilities are endless. He could hang out with Creed, or be the guy to break up Jim and Pam. Disaster Kits Limited could merge with Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration.

Regardless of what transpires, Faust is still in disbelief about the incredible set of circumstances that led to his TV debut.

“I owe my whole career to PhotoWorks,” Faust said.