TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

The Office: Season 4

Guest Desensitized

If you mind paying normal prices for a strike-shortened season, you hate America baseball the writers.

"Daaaamn Ryan you gotta hot ex girlfriend, ooohhh!"

Great episode so far.

Loved the ending with Andy/Angela/Dwight. It makes me sad though, to think how boring and less funny this season has been in comparison to the first three. I'm really not looking forward to next season that much.

I disagree, I thought this season was much better than Season 3. The first half of Season 3 was kind of weak.

I thought them not resolving anything with Jam was kind of cheap, though Ryan getting arrested was great

A classic. The last two episodes reassured my faith in the writing staff. The Kevin/Holly angle was one of my favorite subplots of the series, mostly because none of it had to be forced. Everything Kevin said was classic Kevin, which made it even better how his lines fit into the mentally challenged storyline.

I love how Andy brought his parents (who look like Ivy bred yuppies) to the thing. Also, Kevin was all kinds of great in this episode.

A classic. The last two episodes reassured my faith in the writing staff. The Kevin/Holly angle was one of my favorite subplots of the series, mostly because none of it had to be forced. Everything Kevin said was classic Kevin, which made it even better how his lines fit into the mentally challenged storyline.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, they didn't change anything with Kevin. It was just a matter of context, and it was fucking funny.

My girlfriend totally called somebody stealing Jim's thunder during the fireworks show (though she thought that Michael would jump the gun with Holly, instead of Andy proposing to Angela). Truthfully, there just weren't enough episodes this season to push the whole Jim/Pam saga to its fullest potential.

The Dwight/Angela/Andy triangle will be pretty awesome when season five starts. Jesus, there's gonna be a season five. That's just weird to think about.

Season 1 and 4 were both shortened seasons though. NBC counts the hour-long episodes as two though.

I loved tonights episode, but I just feel cheated about the ending

It was a hilarious episode but I was hating it as a finale. At least they gave us the good Dwight/Angela cliffhanger at the end.

But I hate how Michael dropped the ball again. I mean a grown man can't be that oblivious...even Michael Scott.

And poor Ryan.

I think they're going to drag out the Michael-Jan drama for a while next season.

The tone of Pam's voice when talking about being surprised that Jim didn't propose seemed to foreshadow the problems/break-up everyone seems to be waiting for.

It was a hilarious episode but I was hating it as a finale. At least they gave us the good Dwight/Angela cliffhanger at the end.

But I hate how Michael dropped the ball again. I mean a grown man can't be that oblivious...even Michael Scott.

And poor Ryan.

I don't think he dropped the ball, really. I think they were trying to make it that he was thinking of Jan and his "child" based on his phone call a bit later. That or he was still trying the take it slow approach that Jim kept pushing on him and it backfired.

Guest Desensitized

The Kevin plot was amazing. Loved it. Toby sure ended up being a creep. Now we know why Michael never liked him (though the exit interview scene with the rock in the box was probably the flattest part of the show).

The finale did a great job balancing the comedy with the drama, with, surprisingly, a little more emphasis on the comedy than previous episodes in this season. Michael hating Toby, Kevin being "retarded," and Holly being a goof just like Michael were funny enough to keep the love stuff on the back burner for the most part, although those that enjoy those things still got their share fill. If they are going to turn into a drama/comedy style show, this was a great template to use for future episodes, instead of the show seemingly having some kind of identity crisis where it was one thing one week and another the next, with no consistency.

This was a very funny episode but it was lacking as a finale. I straight-up hated how Pam outed the potnetial engagement to the cameras, felt very out of character especially since I've been of the belief that since day one Jim was more into Pam then she was him.

The Kevin/Holly stuff was some of the funniest stuff they've ever done in a long time. I was dying. And hey, anytime we see The Wire on TV it's a good thing.

I took Michael's retreating to Jan as more of a statement on his desire to be a father than anything else. Michael's dream of becoming a father has been a recurring theme since the second season and that's how I read his offer to be there for Jan. Sure, it's not technically his kid, but as he saw it, this is his safest bet for being able to play the father role.

Oh god, just watched the finale. So good, so agonizing. Perfect Office. Kevin's retarded was, as stated many a time already, one of the funniest gags in the history of the show.

How much longer should this show go on?

Did anyone else think Jan's baby's daddy was going to be Hunter?

And did anyone else think the opening gag was a little meh?

"Pam! You're not talking to Dwight! You're talking to Jim!"

Seriously, that's something a retarded kid would say.

Guest Desensitized
Oh god, just watched the finale. So good, so agonizing. Perfect Office. Kevin's retarded was, as stated many a time already, one of the funniest gags in the history of the show.

How much longer should this show go on?

One more. Five or six years is generally the ideal lifespan for great shows. The ones that push it past seven inevitably go into decline as the cast and writers move on. M*A*S*H aired for eleven seasons and wasn't very good after about the third or fourth. Friends wasn't any damn good in the first place. The Simpsons needed to be mercy-killed five years ago. It's like how as a kid, I had to watch my childhood cat (his name was Charlie) grow older and older till his teeth fell out, his fur got all ratty and gross, and he became a pathetic bag of bones that ultmately died in his litter box, except in the case of The Simpsons, they dragged my death-rattling cat from the back of an AMC Pacer down a gravel road for a few miles and he still didn't die.

Friends was good for about the first five seasons, then all the friends started liking each other and it got a bit too much.

I think the Office can go two more seasons and be fine. Seinfeld didn't start to really decline until mid-way through season 8, and then season 9 was hit and miss.

Cheers had a pretty great long run too.

It all depends on the writers. This year was a little weaker, IMO, but they should be able to bounce back hopefully.

I keep wondering how long this show can last as well. Michael and Dwight are just written so stupid now that a lot of their stuff isn't funny anymore.

I hope they have an end in sight and it's not rushed when they finally get there