TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus Kid

Street Fighter IV announced...

Otherwise, this is just Street Fighter EX 4. Unfortunately, without any of the EX characters.

Not really. The EX games were outsourced to Arika, this is done all internally within Capcom.

By the way, if they pretend like SF3 never happened, that's bullshit.

They aren't.

It hasn't happened yet at the time this game takes place.

Why? It looks like a Street Fighter game but with 3D characters. That makes me happy as the last thing I wanted was a 3D fighting game.

But no parrys? :(

You expect more in this age, but given the interview beforehand, it's about what I expected. I'm keeping in mind that so little of it has been completed. I have to say that I don't mind the loss of parrying, as far as gameplay is concerned.

By the way, if they pretend like SF3 never happened, that's bullshit. I loved the new characters they introduced like Dudley, Hugo, and Q. For Christ's sake, at least keep Alex!

Yeah, it's set between Super and III. It's easier to swallow than if they set it after III and threw it out the window regardless.

I think they'll find room to retroactively fit a few in, just not everyone I or the fanbase wants. Gotta get Q in, at least, and Alex or Hugo would make for a good compliment to Zangief. But after that, who knows. Oro, Remy, Elena, Yun and Yang. I wouldn't mind any of those. No chance of Necro.

This is going by Tekken and Soul Calibur's last numbers, but they have to get 30 in when all is said and done or I'll be disappointed. That leaves more than enough room for Super's 16 with 12-14 more for new creations, Alpha and III representation. Out of Alpha (sort of) I'm assuming Ingrid will make the transition. Give me Dan too.

So if they include all of the super SF2 people (T.Hawk??) plus the more famous of the SFA people (Sakura, Rose ?, Dan, Guy or Sodom? Adun?) That'll be an awful lot of people!

No Rainbow Mika plz <_<

Why? It looks like a Street Fighter game but with 3D characters. That makes me happy as the last thing I wanted was a 3D fighting game.

But no parrys? :(

It has dashes, EX moves, and while there's no Parry the Saving System basically replaces it.

The SFEX games had really added nothing to the series but a major lack of polish and super cancels.

Street Fighter 3 removed nearly all of the Alpha series' new mechanics, BTW. Air blocks, alpha counters, custom combos all were axed, as well as the tiered supers (you couldn't do a Level 2 or Level 3 super). Unsurprisingly it seems ISMs are likely out the door, to.

(Anya pointed this out in a discussion we were having, but hadn't posted, BTW).

What?

You can block in the air right?

I remember seeing Ken do so in that "zomg he parried all of Chun-Li's super" vid.

Silly little bit of trivia: Parrying is actually called "Blocking" in Japan. What we know as blocking is usually referred to as "guarding" there.

It is kind of out of left field, but I don't care at this point.

GGPO is broken for the time being, and Kaillera is and will forever remain the seventh circle of hell.

I don't give a fuck about detective chicks wearing dude-suits. Just bring it on:

SF IV Playable In Less Than a Month

C'mon...C'mon...

That's one clusterfrick of awesome right there. Even got "Oh My God/Car!" guy from the Final Fight bonus stage.

Retro Street Fighter II Commercials

(WAY better than the actual crappy USA live action film!)

Go do a google search for "Street Fighter 4 Rufus".

Please return when you have finished vomiting.

Go do a google search for "Street Fighter 4 Rufus".

Please return when you have finished vomiting.

The fat fuck representing sloth in the movie Se7en sporting a pony tail and wearing a costume that makes him look like a giant orange. Interesting.

Goofy fat guy fighters are pretty awesome but I hate the costume. If he wore regular clothes like Tekken 6's Bob or Cheng Sinzan he'd be the best thing in the game so far.