TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

Paul Bearer was invited to come to the Raw 15th Anniversary show. Though he wanted to, he declined the invite, stating that the funeral home he now operates on the gulf coast of Alabama requires him to be on call 24/7 and couldn't risk being so far away if he was needed. No word if they wanted him to appear with Undertaker or in a seperate deal.

-- PWI

Yeah I guess several times during his career he's been in charge of them when he was down on the business.

Guest Jearan
think Vince realized that Mysterio and Carlito are their only Latin American wrestlers these days. Chavo Guerrero to I guess but he basically gets sympathy pops at best. That is simply too big a market to neglect and Vince probably realized that he better push Carly and keep him happy.

That's the only reason that can explain it. Carlito is a jabroni, another WWE reject that no organisation would sign, or only out of pity. But because Vince doesn't have a clue about the wrestling business anymore, since TNA is taking the real talent out of the WWE and turning them into superstars, he might fear that TNA puts it's hands on Carlito and uses his hidden potential. I don't think Carlito has any potential whatsoever, but i've been surprised before. Either he fears TNA or he thinks it has some use for him with latin americans.

Yep, that's where Vince came up with the gimmick way back in 1990. When he told Vince he had a mortician's license, Vince turned him into Paul Bearer.

Paul Bearer was invited to come to the Raw 15th Anniversary show. Though he wanted to, he declined the invite, stating that the funeral home he now operates on the gulf coast of Alabama requires him to be on call 24/7 and couldn't risk being so far away if he was needed. No word if they wanted him to appear with Undertaker or in a seperate deal.

-- PWI

And it wouldn't make much sense considering the fact that The Undertaker killed Paul Bearer.

Bobby Lashley Vs. John Cena from The Great American Bash this year was a really good match. Anybody else agree?

think Vince realized that Mysterio and Carlito are their only Latin American wrestlers these days. Chavo Guerrero to I guess but he basically gets sympathy pops at best. That is simply too big a market to neglect and Vince probably realized that he better push Carly and keep him happy.

That's the only reason that can explain it. Carlito is a jabroni, another WWE reject that no organisation would sign, or only out of pity. But because Vince doesn't have a clue about the wrestling business anymore, since TNA is taking the real talent out of the WWE and turning them into superstars, he might fear that TNA puts it's hands on Carlito and uses his hidden potential. I don't think Carlito has any potential whatsoever, but i've been surprised before. Either he fears TNA or he thinks it has some use for him with latin americans.

Christian I will give you, but I don't think TNA really turned him into a superstar - they just pushed him as a face initially when the WWE wouldn't. Angle came over on the same level as he was in WWE, tried to become Austin, failed miserably and then returned to being Kurt Angle again. Booker is still Booker, just not King anymore. Tomko has had a chance to show his deadpan acting skills and I maintain that they CAN do a Batista-ish push with him once he comes out of people's shadows, but they haven't done it yet. Rhino? No. Raven? Again, had a real chance with him but he got Jarretted. The NAO justifiably have been cast adrift.

In fact, you look at the TNA roster and tell me one superstar that they've created. Just one. They could have done it with AJ, but dropped him back down to being comedy goof heel (he does it very well, but he's not a superstar). Joe had masses of momentum, but they killed him off too in favour of Angle. Harris was starting to get over, they turn him into a whiny heel. Robert Roode can't get out of the midcard if his life depended on it. Killings was massive for a while, but he got turned into another bit-part player.

I'm sorry, but no one in TNA is a superstar and I'm very sure that Vince doesn't fear TNA. Even with TNA's abundance of former WWE and WCW stars, the WWE will continue to be percieved as the #1 brand.

TNA's biggest name has no where near the drawing power of Cena, HBK, Taker or HHH. They may have at one time, but certainly not anymore.

Don't mind Jearan, he's just an absolutely sheeplike TNA mark.

That's the only reason that can explain it. Carlito is a jabroni, another WWE reject that no organisation would sign, or only out of pity.

Absolutely wrong, TNA signs half the guys WWE fires. Raven, Perry Saturn, Ken Shamrock, Ron Killings, Christy Hemme, Dustin Rhodes, the New Age Outlaws, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, the Bashams, all three Dudleys, Jerry Lynn, Justin Credible, Scott Steiner, Gail Kim, ODB, Jacqueline Moore, Angelina Love, Jim Cornette, Vince Russo, Jeff Hardy, Jackie Gayda, Test, Rikishi, Christian, Tomko, Rhino, Booker T, and Kurt Angle. All "WWE rejects". All hired by TNA.

Meanwhile, who has Vince bothered to sign that TNA dropped? Mickie James, CM Punk, Trevor Murdock, Trinity, and Zach Gowan. That's it. Obviously TNA wants what the WWE has more than vice versa. But Vince FEARS~! TNA, dammit!

Plus, Carlito's dad is good friends with TNA booker Dutch Mantell, who spent half his career in Puerto Rico working for him. Plus Carlito is an established name and a popular midcarder, no matter how the internet feels about him. He'd get a job.

But because Vince doesn't have a clue about the wrestling business anymore, since TNA is taking the real talent out of the WWE and turning them into superstars, he might fear that TNA puts it's hands on Carlito and uses his hidden potential. I don't think Carlito has any potential whatsoever, but i've been surprised before. Either he fears TNA or he thinks it has some use for him with latin americans.

Vince already has the only Latin draw he thinks he'll ever need in Misterio. And why the hell would he fear TNA? How have they taken "the real talent out of the WWE" and turned them into "superstars"? TNA didn't steal anybody, they're picking up crumbs from the WWE's table in the guys that they fired They're wrestling for less money, in front of a MUCH smaller audience.

No, he survived after WWE was told they weren't allowed to stage any deaths on their program. They never said anything about exploiting deaths though....

So what the heck changed from then to early this year? So they got around it by telling USA that "Mr. McMahon" was faking his own death?

I do agree that Cena vs. Lashley was a very good match. Hell I'd take it over either of the two wildly overrated Michaels matches with Cena. I'd take it over the Orton/Cena matches as well, since Lashley at least doesn't spend half the match doing a fucking headlock.

The funny thing is that I can't really think of anyone who ever had any momentum entering TNA from WWE. Christian was mostly a jobber when he got traded to Smackdown and was doing nothing. Booker's King gimmick had run its course and he was struggling to beat Lawler for crying out loud, before HHH buried him for good in WWE (not to mention his failed drug tests). People will point to Angle but then forget that Angle was also sorta buried in being sent to the new ECW and then jobbing on that show. Angle jobbed to Orton for no apparent reason during a time when Orton was getting buried himself for his outlandish behavior, not to mention Angle losing clean to RVD very early in his ECW run.

Anyone looking forward to Bobby Lashley returning? WWE Magazine had his return date as December 7th, but who knows how accurate that is.

YES!

Freshen Up the Face scene on Raw with new talent than superstars on old

I'm sorry, but no one in TNA is a superstar and I'm very sure that Vince doesn't fear TNA. Even with TNA's abundance of former WWE and WCW stars, the WWE will continue to be percieved as the #1 brand.

TNA's biggest name has no where near the drawing power of Cena, HBK, Taker or HHH. They may have at one time, but certainly not anymore.

Exactly!

Sure Kurt Angle is Kurt Angle.. But Look at the other top tier... Sting, Joe, and hell they are used awkwardly....This makes for a ig clusterfuck of top tiers and noyone really stands out from the rest

Bobby Lashley Vs. John Cena from The Great American Bash this year was a really good match. Anybody else agree?

Yes, really impressed with Lashley in this one. He worked a good match.

Meanwhile, who has Vince bothered to sign that TNA dropped? Mickie James, CM Punk, Trevor Murdock, Trinity, and Zach Gowan. That's it. Obviously TNA wants what the WWE has more than vice versa. But Vince FEARS~! TNA, dammit!

You forgot Monty Brown.

Bret Hart was approached by WWE to be on Raw on Monday, but he turned them down. On TSN's "Off the Record" last night, the host asked Hart about the show and he said, "I don't think you'll see me on that show anytime soon."

-- PWT

====

Gangrel, Jim Neidhart, and Mae Young are confirmed for Raw.

-- Meltz

--There will be tons of names from the past at Raw Monday. We've had Mae Young, Gangrel and Jim Neidhart confirmed, but I'm guessing nearly every star from the past 15 years who isn't under TNA contract has been contacted. I'd suspect all the types like Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, Arn Anderson, Mike Rotunda and such who work for the company will do cameos like Ted back as the Million Dollar Man. Donna Christantello is being flown in with Mae, but the guess is she's just there to make sure Mae makes it okay, since modern fans would have no idea who Christantello is. Paul Bearer noted that he wouldn't be there but was asked. While some cable previews haven't listed Steve Austin, but did list Hornswoggle (and all list Bret Hart, who isn't going to be there), this is the Dish Network preview list: Austin, HHH, Undertaker, Bret, McMahon Family and Hogan. Good to see Austin makes the cut here.

Didn't DiBiase stop working there in 2006? And yesterday's update questioned how a Edge / Lita wedding could be on the Raw DVD (he since got rid of his "actually it was Kane / Lita but whatever" statement). Is old man Dave slipping?

You forgot Monty Brown.

Just for the record, Punk and Brown left TNA.

The funny thing is that I can't really think of anyone who ever had any momentum entering TNA from WWE. Christian was mostly a jobber when he got traded to Smackdown and was doing nothing. Booker's King gimmick had run its course and he was struggling to beat Lawler for crying out loud, before HHH buried him for good in WWE (not to mention his failed drug tests). People will point to Angle but then forget that Angle was also sorta buried in being sent to the new ECW and then jobbing on that show. Angle jobbed to Orton for no apparent reason during a time when Orton was getting buried himself for his outlandish behavior, not to mention Angle losing clean to RVD very early in his ECW run.

The only one I'd argue is Christian. He wasn't a main-eventer when he came in, but he had the momentum of someone who should have been a main-eventer. He didn't get the run against Cena that he deserved, but he should have done. The fans wanted it. So he had that going for him. Besides that, he was really the first guy to be presented as a big 'jump' from the WWE IIRC. He was certainly presented as a big deal when he debuted and it got people's interest, so he must have had some momentum.

Then his first segment was interrupted by Team Canada. But, still, his promo up until then, it wasn't the mark of someone who needed to cut a good promo to turn his career around, just to solidify and move upwards.