TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

Re - Bobby Lashley - I've never been interested in this guy whatsoever. He's awfully bland, not very talented in the ring, and can't talk.

I agree. He is just a watered down version of Brock with no one caring about him.

#2 looks like Rock and somebody nose to nose - Rock and Austin? #2 looks like the first Austin beerbath. Can't figure out #1...

I think that #3 is Rock and Hogan, vis a vis. I am dreading that #1 is the RAW is OWEN show.

Only Carlito vs Jeff Hardy Ladder Match announced so far.

They've also added a 15th anniversary battle royal featuring stars from the past 15 years. I'm hoping to we get to see D-Lo and Gangrel.

It's disturbing to me just how much of these top Raw moments have nothing to do with an actual match or anything.

Just wondering but why is this show being done next week? It isn't the 15th anniversary yet. That would be about a month from now, more like Jan. 10.

It's disturbing to me just how much of these top Raw moments have nothing to do with an actual match or anything.

Just wondering but why is this show being done next week? It isn't the 15th anniversary yet. That would be about a month from now, more like Jan. 10.

Maybe they have some things planned that need to happen now so it will have time to develop for the Rumble?

I think it would be cool to have a couple of guys make a good showing in the battle royal so they were "signed" to one of the shows. Great way for D'Lo to return, but if Sid could pass the wellness tests, it would be even better for him. Imagine him tearing up shit and eliminating the majority of the others in the battle royal.

Or he could just break his leg. Never rule that out as a possibility.

Details are still skechy, but the Smackdown/ECW crew had a gigantic scare a few hours ago while in Europe.

After the show last night in Frankfurt, Germany, they were on a Lufthansa flight headed to tonight's show in Zurich, Switzerland. When they were about to land, out of nowhere a plane popped up right in the line of the landing. The pilot saw the plane and managed to get the flight back inthe air at the very last moment.

They were then able to land safely. Even hours later, the crew was described as being "white as ghosts" as they got ready for today's show.

-Wrestling Observer and Das Meltz

That would've been a real tragedy if that plane crashed into the other one. I can imagine just about every wrestler shitting their pants as they were either told what was happening in the air, or were prepping for a landing and suddenly felt the plane lift back up in the air.

Either way, a lot of people could've lost their lives.

Carlito has rescinded his notice and has agreed to stay with WWE.

He had a meeting with Vince McMahon at RAW and McMahon convinced him to stay.

WWE decided right now for a variety of reasons that they didn't want to lose him even though he had been unhappy with the promotion for months.

http://wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=199065272

I think Vince realized that Mysterio and Carlito are their only Latin American wrestlers these days. Chavo Guerrero to I guess but he basically gets sympathy pops at best. That is simply too big a market to neglect and Vince probably realized that he better push Carly and keep him happy.

Carlito has rescinded his notice and has agreed to stay with WWE.

He had a meeting with Vince McMahon at RAW and McMahon convinced him to stay.

WWE decided right now for a variety of reasons that they didn't want to lose him even though he had been unhappy with the promotion for months.

http://wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=199065272

They plagarised that from wrestlingobserver.

That's the good roster. That would've sucked.

Yeah, but I wouldn't care who it was that died, it'd be just as horrible either way.

It'd just be awesome to see what the WWE did after that. Buy out TNA, and move their roster to SD?

Guess Carlito realized he makes more money weekly to take one move from Ron Simmons than he would wrestling 10-minute matches elsewhere.

It's actually a brilliant booking move, now that I think about it. He's been getting squashed by Hornswoggle for the past few weeks to bury him on the way out; unless they trash that feud they're going to have to put Carlito over Hornswoggle.

Poll on WWE.com

Some of these results make me go :huh:

Which is the greatest match from the past 15 years of Raw?

# Option

1 Ric Flair vs. Mr. Perfect, Loser Leaves WWE 245 Votes

2 1-2-3 Kid vs. Bret "Hit Man" Hart, WWE Championship 148 Votes

3 Owen Hart vs. British Bulldog, European Championship tournament final 131 Votes

4 Triple H vs. Cactus Jack, Falls Count Anywhere 279 Votes

5 Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena, WWE Championship 3106 Votes

6 Mick Foley vs. Terry Funk, Falls Count Anywhere 100 Votes

7 Kane vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Chris Jericho & Christian vs. Jeff Hardy & RVD 956 Votes

8 Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy, Ladder Match 1388 Votes

9 Stone Cold vs. Kane, WWE Championship 466 Votes

10 Mick Foley vs. The Rock, WWE Championship 486 Votes

11 Ric Flair vs. Triple H 183 Votes

12 Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty, Intercontinental Championship 197 Votes

13 Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit, Steel Cage Match 2327 Votes

Total Votes: 10012

I find it hilarious, that the SD/ECW roster nearly dying "Doesn't warrant it's own thread". :lol:

I'm glad everybody is ok though.

ironic aint it? anyhow glad to here everyone is okay. now maybe some of them wil die on their own in the years coming so we will have to have 15 or so more "special raw tributes"

I keed, I keed.

Vince can breathe easily for now, or at least untill they get back from Iraq

Poll on WWE.com

# Option

3 Owen Hart vs. British Bulldog, European Championship tournament final 131 Votes

7 Kane vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Chris Jericho & Christian vs. Jeff Hardy & RVD 956 Votes

The two best matches I've ever seen on Raw were Bulldog/Owen v. Michaels/Austin and Benoit/Jericho v. Austin/HHH, neither of which is on the list. I guess they didn't want to include the Benoit match, which is fine, but how could they deny the tag title switch from '97?

EDIT: They have another Benoit match on there, so it seems odd they'd leave off the match against Two Man Power Trip, the lone bright spot from summer '01.

Poll on WWE.com

# Option

The two best matches I've ever seen on Raw were Bulldog/Owen v. Michaels/Austin and Benoit/Jericho v. Austin/HHH, neither of which is on the list. I guess they didn't want to include the Benoit match, which is fine, but how could they deny the tag title switch from '97?

EDIT: They have another Benoit match on there, so it seems odd they'd leave off the match against Two Man Power Trip, the lone bright spot from summer '01.

I find it surprising that Benoit/Angle is in 2nd Place...

I don't remember it myself..

Weird to see Chris Benoit's name in the greatest matches list after months of silence, along with Kurt Angle no less. Their match is only 200 votes behind Cena vs Michaels, I wonder if they haven't rigged the poll ( I know, I know...) and Angle vs Benoit wins if they will show footage of it on Monday. I voted for Owen vs Bulldog.

#3 on the list is the Rock/Hogan faceoff, #2 looks like the beer bath, I have no idea what #1 is. Could be the WCW buyout since it wasnt mentionned yet and I can't imagine this list without the end of the Monday Night Wars. 5 years ago, during the Raw X show, they showed Raw is Owen as number 2 or 3 and everyone criticized them for good reason. I don't see the show, or the Guerrero tribute for that matter, being number 1.

Benoit/Angle would probably be my favorite if there was anyting significant about it. It occured a couple of months after their feud had died down and there was nothing at stake.

I guess it's historically significant because of the permanent physical damage it caused both men, but that's not exactly a good thing.

Poll on WWE.com

# Option

I find it surprising that Benoit/Angle is in 2nd Place...

I don't remember it myself..

I don't either and I was there in person! All I remember is Austin doing play by play.

Kurt's moonsault off the top of the cage is what it's best known for, though he also took a German Suplex off of the top rope while climbing the cage (not as sick as it reads, but nasty spot none the less) and Benoit hit the headbutt from the top of the cage as well.

Oh geez. HBK vs. Cena in that 1 hour snoozer is supposed to be the best match ever on Raw? How come Eddie vs. RVD (Ladder match, IC title) isn't on the list?

I mean Benoit vs. Angle in the cage? That match is barely memorable to me.