TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

Hell, he went out in MSG for WM in a match with Mick Foley and Ric Flair. That was about as perfect as he could get it. (That wasn't his last appearence but his final match and that's all that really counts and not the Diva Search and Eugene segments).

I don't want The Rock to ever come back. I can't stand people who stupidly think he turned his back on the business. He still talks about it and puts over his career and thanks his fans. He could have left long before he did but he stuck around. Let him have his movie career, he earned it.

Chris Masters on Barbaric Wrestling said he'd been clean since a few weeks before his last drug test failure in September. He said he first started taking steroids when he went to the UPW school and saw guys "like John Cena" who were huge and jakked to the gills.

So apparently he doesn't believe John. He said he saw those guys signed and knew that what WWE was looking for was bodies. Congress has to have called him by now. He said there was a ton of pressure to get big again after he shrunk the first time. He also said he had been addicted to painkillers which was why he was sent to rehab the first time. He said it hurt every day to get out of bed. How long has Masters been working again? He said when he first heard about the Benoit's being dead, his gut instinct was that Chris had done it, and then that night he had a nightmare about it. Big Daddy V was the one who told him that Chris had killed them.

credit:F4W Newsletter

What's with this line? Why is it hard to believe someone could be in such pain with only being in the business a few years?

Most guys start popping pills early in their careers.

It goes to show you how little some of the so called experts know. If he got hooked on pain pills, what he was likely talking about was the withdrawal, which is one of the worst things in the world. I should know because I went through it. Every square inch of your body hurts on top of hot chills. Its absolute misery. And many young people suffer from pain much more than normal due to a variety of reasons, so obviously that little smart ass remark shows they don't really have a clue what the fuck they are talking about in this regard. It's easy for someone who has never really hurt or suffered through pain and addiction to make light of others who do.

Chris Masters on Barbaric Wrestling said he'd been clean since a few weeks before his last drug test failure in September. He said he first started taking steroids when he went to the UPW school and saw guys "like John Cena" who were huge and jakked to the gills.

So apparently he doesn't believe John. He said he saw those guys signed and knew that what WWE was looking for was bodies. Congress has to have called him by now. He said there was a ton of pressure to get big again after he shrunk the first time. He also said he had been addicted to painkillers which was why he was sent to rehab the first time. He said it hurt every day to get out of bed. How long has Masters been working again? He said when he first heard about the Benoit's being dead, his gut instinct was that Chris had done it, and then that night he had a nightmare about it. Big Daddy V was the one who told him that Chris had killed them.

What's with this line? Why is it hard to believe someone could be in such pain with only being in the business a few years?

It goes to show you how little some of the so called experts know. If he got hooked on pain pills, what he was likely talking about was the withdrawal, which is one of the worst things in the world. I should know because I went through it. Every square inch of your body hurts on top of hot chills. Its absolute misery. And many young people suffer from pain much more than normal due to a variety of reasons, so obviously that little smart ass remark shows they don't really have a clue what the fuck they are talking about in this regard. It's easy for someone who has never really hurt or suffered through pain and addiction to make light of others who do.

I don't know how about addiction, but I do know Bryan's really been hurt and suffered through pain, what with being a wrestler and training all the time.

I don't know how about addiction, but I do know Bryan's really been hurt and suffered through pain, what with being a wrestler and training all the time.

In that regard you'd think he'd be less of an asshole with his comments.

Bryan just probably never went through withdrawal himself. People who've never been hooked on drugs often tend to disbelieve just how powerful addiction can be. So he didn't even think of the "pain pill problem + going to rehab = lots of not-fun mornings" part. Read to me like he was making more of a "listen to the sheltered rookie whine about how much he hurts after his long gruelling Two Whole Years in the business" joke.

Vince McMahon made the call to abruptly end the Kelly Kelly-Balls Mahoney storyline in ECW, as the Chairman of the Board wanted her out of the angle since he is currently high on Kelly Kelly and felt the association with Mahoney would hold her back, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. There is talk Kelly Kelly could be switched to a different show.

GERWECK.NET

I see no problem with this. She may very well get that WM Women's Title/Playboy push this coming year.

Vince McMahon made the call to abruptly end the Kelly Kelly-Balls Mahoney storyline in ECW, as the Chairman of the Board wanted her out of the angle since he is currently high on Kelly Kelly and felt the association with Mahoney would hold her back, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. There is talk Kelly Kelly could be switched to a different show.

GERWECK.NET

I see no problem with this. She may very well get that WM Women's Title/Playboy push this coming year.

Actually that kinda sucks as the balls and Kelly kelly storyline has actually been really good.

Hell, he went out in MSG for WM in a match with Mick Foley and Ric Flair. That was about as perfect as he could get it. (That wasn't his last appearence but his final match and that's all that really counts and not the Diva Search and Eugene segments).

I don't want The Rock to ever come back. I can't stand people who stupidly think he turned his back on the business. He still talks about it and puts over his career and thanks his fans. He could have left long before he did but he stuck around. Let him have his movie career, he earned it.

Agreed. I don't think The Rock would ever do anything to disrespect the business considering he grew up in it with not only his father but both grandparents on his mother's side. (And judging by the stories of Mrs. Maivia, she would easily kick Rock's ass, and he'd probably agree).

GERWECK.NET

I think that's a little dumb. I thought being with Balls made Kelly more attractive, as you could pretend that she would be ok with dating a fat slob.

See, I really don't understand why Vince would even start and angle like that if he didn't plan on seeing it through. But then again, trying to make sense out of anything Vince does is a fine art at best

Vince pays less attention to ECW and likely wasn't concerned about it until he got his sudden crush on Kelly. I guess we're suppose to assume that Kelly leaving Miz and dating Balls was the blowoff. I assume they'll never mention their relationship again. I have nothing against Kelly but her biggest moments in the company were involving her chasing another guy while being controlled by an asshole heel and dancing poorly. Obviously her willingness to be naked for Playboy was a big factor in this move.

There were only three matches that I ever wanted to see the WWE do in the past decade: Angle/Michaels, Hogan/Austin and Michaels/Rock. I always hold out hope that one day I'll see the latter two at WM, which is the only reason I'd ever want to see the Rock back.

GERWECK.NET

I think that's a little dumb. I thought being with Balls made Kelly more attractive, as you could pretend that she would be ok with dating a fat slob.

Maybe if you're a fat slob...

I don't think hot girls dating fat slobs makes them more attractive.. it actually makes them less attractive to me.

Balls was never put over as a fat slob getting lucky. He was presented as a sweet guy that made Kelly feel special while she was being created like shit from Miz. Balls never stopped trying and Kelly appreciated that. Balls' perseverance paid off. This is a fairly conventional plot in entertainment. What worked best was the interaction and chemistry between the two. Usually romance angles in wrestling are horrible and while this wasn't special, it felt less forced.

I don't watch ECW so I guess I don't have much input here, but I really can't see how any angle involving Kelly Kelly would be interesting in the slightest. That girl is about as worthless as it gets, even for a Diva.

I don't watch ECW so I guess I don't have much input here, but I really can't see how any angle involving Kelly Kelly would be interesting in the slightest. That girl is about as worthless as it gets, even for a Diva.

Kelly didn't really have to do any acting besides look sad and sympathetic. Balls did all the work to sell the angle and thats why it seemed to work

I'm not a fan of the Balls either...take that however you want to...

Oh I will...I will.

The people who are mad at The Rock for no longer being in WWE should be much angrier at WWE for pushing him into movies in the first place. It was WWE's greed for mainstream exposure that led to Rock retiring from wrestling.

Who cares if The Rock shows up this week? I'd be all for him coming back if he was going to be a full time wrestler, but he's not so why are some people so adamant about him showing up at a WM and taking a spot away from someone else? I don't see the huge appeal in Rock vs. HBK personally, it's not some major dream match to most fans.

Hogan vs. Austin is a match that even Austin himself has said would suck hard if it happened. The reality is that Hogan won't job to Austin and Austin won't job to Hogan, so it won't happen.

It's fine to put Kelly in Playboy but please keep her away from seriously wrestling for the women's title. How on earth would she ever beat Beth Phoenix anyway, considering we've already seen Beth beat her in a 30 second squash?

I took the comment about Masters differently. I took it as him saying "This guy was only wrestling a few short years and he got addicted to painkillers that quickly because of the business. Imagine what the guys who have been around forever go through."

WWE.com removed all mentions of Trish being on Raw this Monday and now they're saying Lita will be there.

Lita should tell them to fuck off. Trish was treated like a queen on her way out while Lita was treated like dog shit.

Lita was possibly headed to TNA and was a heel on her way out. Trish was a face who made certain she would remain loyal to WWE and happened to leave in her hometown.

Lita was possibly headed to TNA and was a heel on her way out. Trish was a face who made certain she would remain loyal to WWE and happened to leave in her hometown.

How was this?

I took the comment about Masters differently. I took it as him saying "This guy was only wrestling a few short years and he got addicted to painkillers that quickly because of the business. Imagine what the guys who have been around forever go through."

Ditto. Anything else would've been written more venomously.