TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

On the heels of Booker T leaving WWE a few weeks ago,apparently they don't want another huge WWE name to make the jump to TNA and that's why they want to keep him around.

Yeah, "huge name" Carlito is going to tip the competitive balance into TNA's favor.

Nobody would care if Carlito showed up in TNA. And even though TNA does dumb things on a regular basis, I doubt they'd even bring him in.

They want to keep him so they have him run into a painted-on doorway, knocking himself out, and taking one move and being eliminated from a 2-on-1 handicap match against a leprechaun? I'm going to have to agree with Carlito on the being humiliated thing. If they'd wanted to keep him they would've kept him off air and negotiated. If they wanted to let him go they put him on air and bury him so when he does go to TNA you can see the newest X-Division challenger Afro Man and say "Hey, didn't he just get his ass kicked by a midget? Repeatedly?"

On the heels of Booker T leaving WWE a few weeks ago,apparently they don't want another huge WWE name to make the jump to TNA and that's why they want to keep him around.

Yeah, "huge name" Carlito is going to tip the competitive balance into TNA's favor.

Nobody would care if Carlito showed up in TNA. And even though TNA does dumb things on a regular basis, I doubt they'd even bring him in.

Are you stupid? TNA brought in pratically every bum the WWE has released in the past. What makes you think they won't sign a young, charismatic, 2nd generation superstar who actually HAS potential? Get the fuck outta here.

Playing SVR 08 had made me miss Sandman being on Raw, and I couldn't stand the guy in his prime. I don't know, I guess watching old ECW on 24/7 has made me appreciate him some (the way he did Irish Whips by falling down to give it some realistic momentum was genius).

Why do players (I'm going to use soccer here, since it's the only sport I really know) choose to go and play in the first team of a smaller club than sit on the bench and get paid more at a bigger club?

Because they want to play.

I imagine Carlito's the same. His dad is a wrestling legend in Puerto Rico, if you had that sort of reputation to live up to would you rather run into doorways, take one move a week and get jobbed out in the biggest company in North America, or go and actually wrestle and (potentially) put on good matches (this is subjective, but at least potentially) that could make people watch and go "hey, he's pretty good, you can tell he's Carlos Colon's boy" or whatever, even if that was in a smaller company? Big fish, small pond etc, but basically he probably wants to wrestle. Now, if he can get away with wrestling lazily and not doing much and still get paid and booked and pushed, he might well take it. But I suspect he'd rather work hard than not work at all.

Toxxic apparently never got the Official Internet Memo about Carlito being a worthless lazy load who never puts forth one ounce of effort, in fact he wrestles in a wheelchair, an electric wheelchair at that, and we here on the internet never liked him, NEVER dammit!

Of course TNA would bring him in, in an instant. Don't forget that one of their head bookers, Dutch Mantell, spent like half his career in Puerto Rico and knows the whole Colon family very well. I can understand why WWE would want to prevent this, considering that half of WCW's boom period in the 90s came from poaching and repackaging WWF rejects that Vince saw no use for anymore.

--Regarding Ric Flair, there were changes made in plans. What that means for the angle going forward is anyone's guess, but it's clearly not a positive. He is booked for Bridgeport on Monday, but given the direction of that show, everything but Vince's show storyline is likely to be lost in the shuffle.

--Several more people have been contacted by WWE to appear at Monday's Raw 15th anniversary show. Basically, every name not under contract to TNA and not named Bill Goldberg or Brock Lesnar has been called. Oh, and Ole Anderson, but he was never on Raw to begin with. As noted yesterday, Dwayne Johnson turned down the invite.

Does mean RAW's #1 Superstar = The Repo Man?

Either way, I can't wait, I have great seats for this show, and Hogan better fuckin appear live, I'll be pissed if it's some pre-taped bullshit.

Okay, so this is really random but thats what this is about. Just something if you need a good laugh.

I was looking for something about Booker T on DailyMotion, but this was one of the things that came up and I just happened to feel like watching it. It is absolutely hilarious. It's a match between Booker t and RVD from the Family Reunion show last year. JBL and Tazz absolutely TEAR into each other while two world champions go at in the ring completely ignoring the match. Of course JBL owns Tazz. It's easily on the level of the ECW vs. WWE show in 2006 or Survivor Series 2005. I guess Tazz is just a glutton for getting into shoot arguments with superior announcers who could tear him apart on the mic(JBL and King).

Booker T vs. Rob Van Dam

Playing SVR 08 had made me miss Sandman being on Raw, and I couldn't stand the guy in his prime. I don't know, I guess watching old ECW on 24/7 has made me appreciate him some (the way he did Irish Whips by falling down to give it some realistic momentum was genius).

I kinda know where you're coming from. I was never much of a pre-WCW Sandman fan but loved his work after it. I dunno, maybe it was the fact that he dumped the sweat/pajama pants in favor of painter pants and slicked his hair back. I dunno.

--Several more people have been contacted by WWE to appear at Monday's Raw 15th anniversary show. Basically, every name not under contract to TNA and not named Bill Goldberg or Brock Lesnar has been called. Oh, and Ole Anderson, but he was never on Raw to begin with. As noted yesterday, Dwayne Johnson turned down the invite.

Does mean RAW's #1 Superstar = The Repo Man?

Either way, I can't wait, I have great seats for this show, and Hogan better fuckin appear live, I'll be pissed if it's some pre-taped bullshit.

I wonder if they get Damien Demento to come back since he was in the first Raw main event? :)

Is it safe to assume they also haven't invited Randy Savage?

Of course if they have, and he attends, I'll mark out like a little bitch. Hell, I'll take something pre-taped from Savage.

Is it safe to assume they also haven't invited Randy Savage?

Of course if they have, and he attends, I'll mark out like a little bitch. Hell, I'll take something pre-taped from Savage.

Good question.

It's a wonder if the relations with Savage will ever thaw so they can do a proper "Legends" package with him... including the Hall of Fame.

I agree. It wouldn't kill The Rock to show up, talk shit for 10 minutes, makes jokes about Vince and Hornswoggle, and beat the fuck out of Coach again.

The Rock's finally getting away from that image, how would it seem to a big Hollywood producer looking for his next leading man tough-guy act when he turns over to see The Rock making fun of an old man and carrying Hornswaggle around the ring?

Making fun of Coach too, basically acting like a 'cool' ass.

Personally this is one of my peeves, as much as I'd love to see The Rock again, he simply doesn't need the business any more.

He'll never forget where he came from, but it doesn't mean he has to embrace it at every single milestone.

Are you stupid? TNA brought in pratically every bum the WWE has released in the past. What makes you think they won't sign a young, charismatic, 2nd generation superstar who actually HAS potential? Get the fuck outta here.

Does he have a shitload of potential? Yes. Is he actually interested in fulfilling that potential? No. Perhaps if he were given a chance to work atop the card... but why should any company reward some asshole who intends on hacking it as much as possible.

The Rock's finally getting away from that image, how would it seem to a big Hollywood producer looking for his next leading man tough-guy act when he turns over to see The Rock making fun of an old man and carrying Hornswaggle around the ring?

I think "Doom" and "Southland Tales" are more damning than making an appearance on WWE once every three years.

To be honest the only movie of his that I think was a let down is Walking Tall.

Guest DCH
Edge has, IMHO, the worst spear in wrestling today.

I gotta agree with you. It's so goddamn slow. Goldberg and Rhyno's spears were much faster. Edge just looks like he walks up the opponent and spears them

The thing I dont like about Edges spear is, that he uses it for his finisher when he already has a couple of other far better moves that are much more unique to him then the spear but he goes ahead and does it anyways. If Edge used the spear has a set up for another one of his moves then I would like it.

Only thing I really know about Hulk Hogan's return to Raw is that Vince McMahon reached out to him and not vice versa. Obviously they want a huge rating for the 15th anniversary show, and Hogan is in the position now where he's not exactly in a shrewd place as far as negotiations are concerned.

It's to WWE's advantage to kiss and make up today. Hogan, in return, will get to plug American Gladiators. Obviously there is also an idea to try to begin the build for Hogan doing something at WrestleMania. What that will be I have no idea. I will say that although it is rumored that I have been wrong in the past, I do not think I will be wrong by predicting the chances of Hogan vs. Steve Austin, even in Hogan's current position, are approximately zero. They'll still ask both sides. It's the Austin side that has no interest in ever doing it. Hogan would do it in a heartbeat. They also may opt out of the Hogan at Mania idea since Mania is in Florida, the center of all the Nick Hogan controversy. In fact, I was totally caught off guard when Vince made the announcement, because I think Hulk Hogan in front of a rowdy crowd in December of 2007 may result in a fascinating reaction. I think Hogan is so good that the people will ultimately be eating out of his hand, but it is wrestling, it is live TV, and anything can happen.

The Flair angle hasn't been dropped, but they are going to be making changes. I have no idea at this point what those will entail, but we'll have much more on it next week.

Extreme Expose Brooke on her Myspace said she had big plans and would keep everyone up to date, then added, "I said I was going to be in Playboy and TNA, just watch and be patient". I do know that the idea this summer was to have her, Kelly Kelly and Layla all in the Playboy that came out around the time of WrestleMania, but clearly that whole thing fell through

Latest Ken Kennedy foot in the mouth interview, this time with Mike Mooneyham. Regarding his steroid suspension due to his name coming up on the Signature Pharmacy list, he said, and I quote: "I had a legitimate medical reason to have it. How was I supposed to know my doctor's a quack? I was injured and had a legitimate reason. I tore my lat in 2005. I had surgery, went home and had a staph infection that I almost died from. I lost about 45 pounds in about three days. I had a legitimate medical reason for having it, however my name turned up on that list. Vince and the company's hands were tied. They had to suspend me." OK, notwithstanding the fact that he ordered this stuff through an online pharmacy which was strictly prohibited in the policy,

he's claiming he needed anastrozole, somatropin, and testosterone ALL for a legitimate medical reason? Perhaps this 31-year-old man had low testosterone. Perhaps his doctor prescribed it for injury rehab. Fine. However, anastrozole's prime use is for the treatment of breast cancer in post-menopausal women. Someone ask Kennedy about that in his next interview. It is used by bodybuilders to reduce estradiol in men who are taking steroids, but why would he have been prescribed testosterone for injury rehab at the level for which he would require an estrogen blocker? Oh yeah, quack doctor. Somatropin is human growth hormone, usually used by people for bodybuilding purposes. What legitimate medical reason would there have been for him to be taking human growth hormone? His doctor felt he was too short?

Chris Masters on Barbaric Wrestling said he'd been clean since a few weeks before his last drug test failure in September. He said he first started taking steroids when he went to the UPW school and saw guys "like John Cena" who were huge and jakked to the gills.

So apparently he doesn't believe John. He said he saw those guys signed and knew that what WWE was looking for was bodies. Congress has to have called him by now. He said there was a ton of pressure to get big again after he shrunk the first time. He also said he had been addicted to painkillers which was why he was sent to rehab the first time. He said it hurt every day to get out of bed. How long has Masters been working again? He said when he first heard about the Benoit's being dead, his gut instinct was that Chris had done it, and then that night he had a nightmare about it. Big Daddy V was the one who told him that Chris had killed them.

Torrie is out for a few weeks getting physical therapy on her back.

ECW airs on Thursday this week, head-to-head with the second hour of TNA. Ratings should be interesting. Last time WWE and TNA went head-to-head on Thursday, TNA got slaughtered

Tribute to the Troops was being taped in Iraq a few days after we went to press.

credit:F4W Newsletter

ECW airs on Thursday this week, head-to-head with the second hour of TNA. Ratings should be interesting. Last time WWE and TNA went head-to-head on Thursday, TNA got slaughtered

Didn't TNA get killed because it went head to head with Raw (or was it Smackdown?)? TNA has a better shot going against ECW then it does against Smackdown or RAW, so things should be pretty interesting.

Didn't TNA get killed because it went head to head with Raw (or was it Smackdown?)? TNA has a better shot going against ECW then it does against Smackdown or RAW, so things should be pretty interesting.

Still, I don't see TNA winning here

Personally this is one of my peeves, as much as I'd love to see The Rock again, he simply doesn't need the business any more.

He'll never forget where he came from, but it doesn't mean he has to embrace it at every single milestone.

Nonsense. Anyone making a movie knows the rocks history and i think it would mean absolutely nothing to them if he showed up ONCE for a damn raw special.

Personally I look at it like the Rock shunning the business that made him a star to begin with and I honestly don't like it. I don't care anything personally about seeing him come back but obviously a lot of people would love it yet he thinks he is too good for it now apparently.

He wouldn't be anywhere without wrestling and/or his fans and one would think that he wouldn't fucking mind to make some fans happy again just once. But nope, he is this big movie star now and who cares about his fans.

Nonsense. Anyone making a movie knows the rocks history and i think it would mean absolutely nothing to them if he showed up ONCE for a damn raw special.

Personally I look at it like the Rock shunning the business that made him a star to begin with and I honestly don't like it. I don't care anything personally about seeing him come back but obviously a lot of people would love it yet he thinks he is too good for it now apparently.

He wouldn't be anywhere without wrestling and/or his fans and one would think that he wouldn't fucking mind to make some fans happy again just once. But nope, he is this big movie star now and who cares about his fans.

He stayed around years longer than he had to just to help WWE out. For all the complaining about Foley and Funk's fake retirements and how Ric Flair should retire, we have someone who genuinely retired and its called "shunning" the business. He owes WWE nothing. He did his job and was great at it while he was under contract. You say the Rock would be nothing without WWE, show me an Attitude era without the Rock and i'll show you an Attitude era that fizzles out alot quicker than it did.

Edge has, IMHO, the worst spear in wrestling today.

I gotta agree with you. It's so goddamn slow. Goldberg and Rhyno's spears were much faster. Edge just looks like he walks up the opponent and spears them

And it looks like he just hugs them to the ground. He doesn't clip the legs or anything. He just runs at the opponent and grabs them in a waistlock, and the guy falls as if it was an actual tackle. At least Lashley's lackluster spear involves him looking like he's clipping the legs at impact.

The thing I dont like about Edges spear is, that he uses it for his finisher when he already has a couple of other far better moves that are much more unique to him then the spear but he goes ahead and does it anyways. If Edge used the spear has a set up for another one of his moves then I would like it.

This is another good point. Edge has that great looking Edgecution DDT, the Edgeucator, and hell, even his old Downward Spiral is better than the Spear as a finisher. Using it as a setup is okay (I'd prefer he dropped it, but that's not going to happen), since that's how it is used by other 5 guys on the roster that use it, including Batista.