TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

The Refs are doing everything possible to fuck the Hawks out this game. This is getting completely ridiculous

David Lee gets about 40 minutes of playing time, and has 20+ points and 10+ rebounds. It took 25 games for Isiah to realize that Lee is the best player on the Knicks. Dumbass.

So, apparently, ESPN games aren't allowed on League Pass in Canada either. And since I can't get ESPN, I'm shut out of the marquee matchups like Pistons/Celtics and Suns/Mavs. That's just brilliant.

I think the Suns/Mavs game is on Sportsnet.

that was a hell of a game there on ESPN - Billups pulling all kinds of gritty play in the clutch, Ray Allen just long bombing it the f out of there, that 3 pointer was just sick, multiple game winning chances.. I'm really looking forward to a possible playoff series. its worth noting that all 3 of the Celtics' losses have been to the top 3 teams in the east (after them), pistons, cavs, and the magic, and havent played any western powers yet. but still their record is impressive and they were all close.

Blazers get 9th straight win and Brandon Roy goes for 25, 9, and 8 ast. He's working on a 3rd straight Western Conference POW.

Another great game tonight between Phoenix and Dallas.

That was a cold-blooded shot that Gay hit over Duncan.

Another great game tonight between Phoenix and Dallas.

That was a cold-blooded shot that Gay hit over Duncan.

I wasn't paying full attention while reading this and tried to combine those two thoughts and for a second I thought some major trade had gone down without me hearing about it. :D Then reason hit.

I laughed my ASS off at the way that Celtics/Pistons game ended. Any time that the Boston fans (who are getting more obnoxious than they were in the 80s) get the air let out of them, it is a good thing.

I am thinking that these two are going to beat the ever-loving SHIT out of each other in the ECFs. That was a great game to watch.

Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS

I wish ESPN or TNT would show the Hawks at least once this year. It'd be much better than watching the Heat every week.

I don't know that the Celts make it to the ECF. Thus far they have beat none of the top-tier teams this season. They lost to the Cavs when Lebron was healthy, lost to the Magic, and now they've lost to the Pistons. KG is making Perk look alot better than he really is. The truth of the matter is this team has nothing at the Center position and if they don't fix that by the trade deadline then they'll lose in the second round most likely.

to the Celts credit, all 3 of those losses (Det, Orl, Cle) were very close games. Or, if you want to look at it a different way you could say they have a problem winning close games against good EC competition.

speaking of Perkins, this made me laugh:

Starting at the very end, it was clear that Detroit was far more prepared for the situation to escalate to where it did, with chaos breaking out after Rasheed Wallace called for a timeout to help set up the Pistons' game-winning play. Coming out of the timeout, Kendrick Perkins had no idea where to go, which had head coach Doc Rivers screaming frantically to try and get him in position.

LOL at people doubting the Celtics.

Detroit stands the best chance, but there is no team that I see being able to beat this team in a 7 game series.

Wow. If Pierce hits the fallaway like he ALWAYS does, especially with a good look, this is a moot point. Billups most likely still gets the foul and the game goes into OT and then who knows what happens.

Chauncey and Ray Allen totally took control of the end of that game and it was awesome to watch. Whether or not the C's can "Beat good teams" will be seen throughout the season i'm sure, but as a big Celtics fan I love seeing them play like this with a perrennial great team like the Pistons.

I think its funny that they can lose by 2 points and people are acting like it proves they aren't ready for prime time. It was two fucking points. Much how I am sick of listening to suns "fans" and their whining after every loss. With a win, its a championship coming soon baybee~! and with every loss, we are on the way to the lottery, and they should trade everyone except Steve Nash.

I also didn't mention the manliness of Alonzo Mourning last night, telling the guys with the stretcher to fuck off, as he walked off the court for probably the last time of his career. Mans man that guy.

Anyone else see Jerry Sloan throw Gordon Giricek out the game last night?

Yea. It's not a great time for the Jazz right now. We've lost eight of our last nine games and lost seven consecutive road games to fall to 14-13. While Giricek's play has never impressed me (he just had two points last night with limited time I believe), we really can't afford to be pissing players off or throwing them out of games when Okur and Harpring aren't playing.

Keon Clark told a judge that he never played a single NBA game without being drunk. He said he would drink before games and at half time.

So when he blocked 13 shots against Atlanta in 01....drunk as hell. When he had 22 rebounds that time against Phoenix...completely smashed. When he scored 29 on golden state....he was so drunk right then.

That is equal parts sad and fucking impressive.

Keon Clark told a judge that he never played a single NBA game without being drunk. He said he would drink before games and at half time.

So when he blocked 13 shots against Atlanta in 01....drunk as hell. When he had 22 rebounds that time against Phoenix...completely smashed. When he scored 29 on golden state....he was so drunk right then.

The thing about alcoholics is that they like to lie.

The thing about alcoholics is that they like to lie.

Yeah, except when he played there were rumors about him drinking at halftime and other players always saying he smelled like Liqour.

I wouldn't say its out of the question that he was smashed for a vast majority of his games.

is Ripper saying I'm not a real Celts fan because I'm not ready to crown them the champions at this point? All I'm saying is that they've been unimpressive against the top tiers so far this season and until they have something decent at the center position then they aren't going to dominate through the playoffs and could get bounced as early as the second round. If this team had a healthy Marcus Camby (shit, he's already been in the league 11 years? I'm getting old) or Brad Miller at Center then ya, I'd say hand them the title right now. Kendrik Perkins however is going to be an adequate back-up at best.

Boston's weak schedule aside, I don't see the ECF being anything other than Celtics/Pistons right now. Orlando is still too young, and don't really match up well with the Pistons. LeBron might be good for a game or two against the Celtics, but he couldn't carry them through a whole series, and I don't necessarily think they could beat the Pistons again. Those are really the only four teams right now that I see as threats in the East. And you never know when the Pistons are going to melt down again, like they have the last couple seasons.

The best team the Celtics have beat so far is the Lakers, who have been impressive, but aren't really a team I see as having a chance at a title right now. As far as them taking down the Spurs, Suns or Mavs, I'll believe it when I see it. But right now, I'm not sold on them winning a title this year.

Boston's weak schedule aside, I don't see the ECF being anything other than Celtics/Pistons right now. Orlando is still too young, and don't really match up well with the Pistons. LeBron might be good for a game or two against the Celtics, but he couldn't carry them through a whole series, and I don't necessarily think they could beat the Pistons again. Those are really the only four teams right now that I see as threats in the East. And you never know when the Pistons are going to melt down again, like they have the last couple seasons.

The best team the Celtics have beat so far is the Lakers, who have been impressive, but aren't really a team I see as having a chance at a title right now. As far as them taking down the Spurs, Suns or Mavs, I'll believe it when I see it. But right now, I'm not sold on them winning a title this year.

We are all going to see just how good the Celtics are when they take on the best of the Western Conference. Yes, their schedule has been relatively easy and everyone has been crowning them. They need more time to really gel together and know each others capabilities. They are not the greatest yet, despite their record.

is Ripper saying I'm not a real Celts fan because I'm not ready to crown them the champions at this point? All I'm saying is that they've been unimpressive against the top tiers so far this season and until they have something decent at the center position then they aren't going to dominate through the playoffs and could get bounced as early as the second round. If this team had a healthy Marcus Camby (shit, he's already been in the league 11 years? I'm getting old) or Brad Miller at Center then ya, I'd say hand them the title right now. Kendrik Perkins however is going to be an adequate back-up at best.

Oh no, you are a real fan. I just hink people are overreacting a bit about the 3 losses. Two of which went into overtime and one that was .1 second from going into overtime.

People keep pretending that beating teams with not great records is a easy task in the NBA. The Pistons alone have lost to a bad Chicago team twice, a Horrible Sacramento team, and slumping Houston and Utah.

San Antonio lost to Memphis, and the Kings.

Fact is, noone is going to go 82-0 and some nights they are going to lose. But everytime the Celtics have lost a game(all 3 times) people have been pretending that it is proof positive that they aren't that great a team.

Hell, look at the 95 bulls. They lost at least one to most of the best teams in the league. They lost one to Phoenix, to Seattle, twice to the Pacers, once to the Knicks, and once to Miami. ANd they lost to the Toronto fucking Raptors. And no one threw a hissy every time they lost, becuase they were going to lose some games. And those games were probably going to come against good teams.

If the good teams were kicking the shit out of them, then okay, thats one thing. I don't think 1 and 2 points losses in overtime and from the freethrow line is reason to say "SEE, They aren't THAT good!!"

I threw the quotations on the suns "fans" because I keep reading shit about how this is the worse suns team ever and crap. Its annoying.