TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NFL Offseason Thread

Alexander better not be in a Detroit uniform next season.

They re-signed Tatum Bell (not that he's all that great, but the Lions need depth at that position) for 1 year and it sounds like they may draft a RB, maybe Mendenhall.

Per PFT (via SI.com) JaMarcus Russell is tipping the scales at about 300 pounds right now. We all know that Jared Lorenzon is referred to as The Hefty Lefty. I propose an effort to find Russell a nickname that will reflect his burgeoning waistline. How about The Louisiana Fatass?

Guest Vitamin X

Or maybe Oakland can use him on the defensive side of the ball as well.

Can the dude run at all right now, then??

So, out of the top QBs drafted last year:

Russell - Held out forever, benched, fatty

Quinn - Benched, assaults gays

Kolb - Benched and probably won't play again this year either

Beck - Played briefly, looked terrible. Team is rumored to be drafting a QB.

Stanton - Injured in training camp, spent entire season on IR

At least Trent Edwards did ok.

Thoughts on Darren McFadden anyone? It seems like more and more people are knocking him for different reasons as time goes by. Some have even suggested that Rashard Mendhall is the better prospect. Most common complaints I hear or read about McFadden:

1. Goes down on 1st contact/lack of leg drive.

2. At 6'1 1/2", 211, with a smaller lower-body, he's built more like a WR.

3. Fumbles too much.

4. Various character concerns.

Is there any chance that he drops out of the top-10 like some have suggested?

EDIT: I've also heard talk that Sedrick Ellis may be the 1st DT taken over Glenn Dorsey, but that's another discussion.

As predicted, the Bucs have signed Warrick Dunn. They've also signed Antonio Bryant. I like the Dunn move to a certain extent, but Bryant is a turd. I anticipate this working out about as well as Gruden's previous infatuation with David Boston.

Seattle is going into the draft to get men in the trenches, and I won't be surprised if they tried to trade Alexander to either the Dolphins or Raiders to pick up some highly scouted O-Line.

If this happens, Holmgren would probably pick up a OLB for some god forsaken reason.

How did Alexander get so washed up all of a sudden? I could understand him slowing down a bit, but it's like all of a sudden people are proclaiming he's all but done. I'm in the category of people who don't pay attention to the Seahawks, but this guy was the NFL MVP in 2005.

Shaun is a laterall runner, and with Hutchinson gone, and the inability of using a West Coast offense, he was pretty crappy.

Per PFT (via SI.com) JaMarcus Russell is tipping the scales at about 300 pounds right now. We all know that Jared Lorenzon is referred to as The Hefty Lefty. I propose an effort to find Russell a nickname that will reflect his burgeoning waistline. How about The Louisiana Fatass?

Go with Chunky Monkey. I looked up as many fat synonyms as I could find and couldn't come up with anything that could top a combination of anti-fatties and racism.

I kinda wish that HBO would do a "Hard Knocks" with the Raiders so I can at least know what the hell is going with this team. Well, at least this season will at least be entertaining (shitty). I mean an overweight QB, a porous offensive line, overpaid malcontents, feuding owner and head coach, and taking players in the draft to spite others on the team, is basically a real life football version of Major League. The Raiders can't settle for just losing, they have to do it in style.

Just Lose Baby!

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Concussed average QBs are a total waste of money. Perfect fit for St. Louis.

I'm a colts fan, but I seriously hope this doesn't spell the end for Lorenzan in NY - if only because I loved watching that 280 lb. fatass try to get up to the line of scrimmage fast and throw wacky half-sidearm passes. Funny as hell. :D

-Annie

It's official, Giants signed Carr

As someone who believed Carr had skills and that he was a future solid quarterback with a line in front of him, I can now say the Giants wasted a million dollars.

Carr is just a mess. He needs to lose the glove, lose the throwing motion and learn to throw the ball within 10 seconds of snapping it. And he also needs an eye exam since I'm sure now that he's color blind.