TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Wrestling Observer Notes are back like Jordan wearing the 45

Jeff Hardy is a star though.

Which is why he should be pushed into that spot.

Doing anything with Cena and/or HHH over the title at Mania is completely old hat. Everyone already buys them as top guys. Why not just have them wrestle a singles match without it being for the title? The match sells itself, and is a main event in it's own right already. Doing Hardy/Orton for the title on top of that gives you 2 main event matches right off the bat...without even going into Flair's match, Edge's title match, Whatever combos of Batista/Taker/HBK/Misterio whatever...

Of course Hardy being killed clean as a whistle at the Rumble makes that match at mania a stupid idea now anyway...

I just hate that WrestleMania came around and stopped a fresh face at the top's momentum dead just so they can go back to the same thing they Main Evented with 2 years ago, wanted to last year...and know looks like they will...

And that's kinda the opposite of how I think I should feel come WrestleMania.

And I don't even like Jeff Hardy.

Why am I arguing his case...

Damn it.

The best case scenario would be putting Hardy over Cena at WrestleMania, but that would deal with too many title changes (Cena beating Orton, Hardy beating Cena). So, a 4 way match for the title makes most sense right now. HHH eliminates Orton "surprisingly" early. Cena eliminates HHH in a cheap way (so he can draw even more heat) and that will lead to Jeff Hardy pinning John Cena. This way you get all the stars and people you want to make stars in the match.

The best case scenario would be putting Hardy over Cena at WrestleMania, but that would deal with too many title changes (Cena beating Orton, Hardy beating Cena). So, a 4 way match for the title makes most sense right now. HHH eliminates Orton "surprisingly" early. Cena eliminates HHH in a cheap way (so he can draw even more heat) and that will lead to Jeff Hardy pinning John Cena. This way you get all the stars and people you want to make stars in the match.

Sounds like the idea Heyman had for D2D ppv.

What if Orton ends up keeping the title at NWO, and they do Hardy/Orton at WM for the title, and Cena/Triple H as like a #1 contenders thing?

Otherwise, I do kind of like the four way match idea.

And it won't be either way....I think Edge vs. UT should definitely be the WM main event, especially after the way they screwed UT and Batista with the midcard title match last year.

Yeah, there would be nothing wrong with Edge/UT main eventing, and RAW having a four way title match a couple matches down the card. Only problem is that you either have to close the show with a heel Edge winning, or UT winning the belt, and people bitching that he doesn't need the title at this point in his career.

Yeah, there would be nothing wrong with Edge/UT main eventing, and RAW having a four way title match a couple matches down the card. Only problem is that you either have to close the show with a heel Edge winning, or UT winning the belt, and people bitching that he doesn't need the title at this point in his career.

I'm in the camp that agrees Taker/Edge should main event Wrestlemania, but you bring up a very good point. Still, if Taker were to win, it would definitely send the majority of the fans in attendance home happy. It might tick off a bunch of people online, but for the live crowd... they'd eat it up just like they did last year in Detroit.

I just want to see what they do with Taker's entrance since it's going to be outdoors.

I'm in the camp that agrees Taker/Edge should main event Wrestlemania, but you bring up a very good point. Still, if Taker were to win, it would definitely send the majority of the fans in attendance home happy. It might tick off a bunch of people online, but for the live crowd... they'd eat it up just like they did last year in Detroit.

I just want to see what they do with Taker's entrance since it's going to be outdoors.

WM 9 says Hi

There's a big difference in UT's entrance with a small walk-way in 1993 when his entrances were still quite low-key and the big spectacles that UT does for WM these days. My favorite Taker entrance is still Slam 1992 with the hearse.

That'd be awful. It's Wrestlemania, there shouldn't be any cheap disqualifications.

That shouldn't happen at any PPV. That kind of bullshit should be restricted to free television only.

Wrestlemania should never be main evnted in a multi man match.

WrestleMania 20 says hello.

Wrestlemania 2000 says hello as well. I enjoyed the Hell out of HHH vs Rock vs Foley vs Big Show. Save for the bullshit swerve finish, the match was decent enough. Everyone teeing-off with their finishers on Big Show, HHH pinning Foley after a couple Pedigrees, then HHH and Rock bringing their usual good ring chemistry was enjoyable enough.

I agree. A multi-man match can main event 'Mania. Hell, the very FIRST WrestleMania was headlined by a tag match. TAG MATCH. NO TITLES ON THE LINE.

So, the 'Mania's off the top of my head that had a multi-man match as the main event...

WrestleMania 1 - Hulk Hogan/Mr. T vs. Roddy Piper/Paul Orndorff

WrestleMania 16 - HHH © vs. The Rock vs. Mick Foley vs. Big Show for the WWF Title

WrestleMania 20 - HHH © vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight title

Wrestlemania should never be main evnted in a multi man match.

WrestleMania 20 says hello.

Wrestlemania 2000 says hello as well.

Yeah... I hated both of those... And tag team matches don't count as "multi-man" matches. A multi-man match is any match where the number of participants breaks down any way other than x vs. x.