TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

bitching about "semi-retired" Hogan going over "active" HBK is so retarded. HBK doesn't need the rub a victory over Hogan can give...which probably isn't much these days. It's about sending the crowd home happy, which they accomplished.

Yeah...I didn't realize that Truthiness was a retard.

You should see his horrible argument on how Shawn Michaels is an overrated worker, and pretty much all the good singles matches he had he was carried in.

Guest Bigelow34
bitching about "semi-retired" Hogan going over "active" HBK is so retarded. HBK doesn't need the rub a victory over Hogan can give...which probably isn't much these days. It's about sending the crowd home happy, which they accomplished.

Agreed. The only part I hate with that match is the ridiculous amount time Hogan preens between the big boot and the legdrop. Shawn had to lay there selling that weak ass boot for what seemed like forever before Hogan dropped the leg. That was a bit much.

They were both acting like babies. HBK's selling in the match is the stuff of legend though. I love how he sold the big boot by falling down, running across the ring, and flipping. HBK's promo the next night ranting about Hogan's "blinding speed and mat prowess" was pretty good too. Humor or not, they were both incredibly immature about the situation.

Agreed. The only part I hate with that match is the ridiculous amount time Hogan preens between the big boot and the legdrop. Shawn had to lay there selling that weak ass boot for what seemed like forever before Hogan dropped the leg. That was a bit much.

You forget just how powerful that big boot is, when you get it buy it, its about the same as being shot in the gut.

Shawn Michaels may have been very immature, but goddamn if those weeks of him being immature wasn't more entertaining than the bland, religious HBK we have gotten since 2002.

Shawn Michaels may have been very immature, but goddamn if those weeks of him being immature wasn't more entertaining than the bland, religious HBK we have gotten since 2002.

Agreed. The promos he cut in Montreal and then the one the night after Summerslam were incredible.

Agreed. The promos he cut in Montreal and then the one the night after Summerslam were incredible.

The thing I enjoyed most about those promos is that he wasn't crass or vulgar, but came off as the biggest dick in the world. HBK is a natural heel.

Rey Mysterio Injured

from WWE.com

Rey Mysterio’s quest to regain the World Championship may have suffered a severe setback in Santiago, Chile, on Wednesday night.

The injury occurred during Wednesday’s live event at Arena Santiago, where Mysterio teamed with Kane against Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins. During the tag contest, Rey suffered an apparent injury to his right arm – specifically his bicep. Clearly in pain, the Master of the 619 gutted it out and finished the match, then was quickly examined by WWE athletic trainer Jason Crivello upon leaving the ring.

Mysterio flew back to the United States late Wednesday night, and is currently in Gulf Breeze, Fla., waiting to meet with world-renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who will determine the extent of the injury. Regardless of Dr. Andrews’ findings, Mysterio has his heart set on competing this Sunday night at No Way Out, where he is scheduled to face Edge for the World Championship.

Stay with WWE.com as more updates become available regarding Mysterio’s condition.

Rey Mysterio Injured

from WWE.com

Rey Mysterio’s quest to regain the World Championship may have suffered a severe setback in Santiago, Chile, on Wednesday night.

The injury occurred during Wednesday’s live event at Arena Santiago, where Mysterio teamed with Kane against Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins. During the tag contest, Rey suffered an apparent injury to his right arm – specifically his bicep. Clearly in pain, the Master of the 619 gutted it out and finished the match, then was quickly examined by WWE athletic trainer Jason Crivello upon leaving the ring.

Mysterio flew back to the United States late Wednesday night, and is currently in Gulf Breeze, Fla., waiting to meet with world-renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who will determine the extent of the injury. Regardless of Dr. Andrews’ findings, Mysterio has his heart set on competing this Sunday night at No Way Out, where he is scheduled to face Edge for the World Championship.

Stay with WWE.com as more updates become available regarding Mysterio’s condition.

I know Dr. Andrews is the foremost doctor to all athletes but WWE really keeps the guy in business, don't they? That didn't take Rey that long to suffer another injury but it wasn't the knee this time, which is a surprise.

So wait I'm a retard, oppose to the moron saying Chrisitian/Angle had a excellent match?

Kurt Angle making both of his finishers the look like shit, is signs of a great worker? Or is it the Suplex fest he puts on against everybody he wrestles? J Maybe I'm confused and his punches don't look like shit either, huh? Am I'm wrong when I say he's a pretty shitty seller?

I thought this was TSM, not Prowrestling.com message board...My bad.

Carry on.

Rey Mysterio Injured

from WWE.com

I know Dr. Andrews is the foremost doctor to all athletes but WWE really keeps the guy in business, don't they? That didn't take Rey that long to suffer another injury but it wasn't the knee this time, which is a surprise.

He's also the go to doctor for a lot of NFL and MLB guys also.

Rey Mysterio Injured

from WWE.com

He's also the go to doctor for a lot of NFL and MLB guys also.

Try sports medicine in general. His practice is in my hometown of Birmingham, and if you are an athlete on any level and require surgery... chances are you'll be seeing Dr. Andrews.

According to Meltz they think Mysterio has a torn bicep and will require surgery which would put him out for about 6 months.

--There will be a new WWE entrance music CD coming out on 3/25 with tracks for Vince (expect a new song for him debuting around that time), Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Beth Phoenix, John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, Mr. Kennedy, Kofi Kingston and Candice Michelle (thanks to Ian Hamilton)

From Meltzer.

Got to admit, I'm looking forward to hearing Beth Pheonix's and Kofi Kingston's themes, as long as they don't butcher them by remixing them.

I don't know about the Kave vs Edge rematch, then again the Edge match isn't selling the PPV anyways. I was going to suggest that you remove Batista from the EC and slide Kane in there, but then that match is an absolute foregone conclusion.

If Matt Hardy is cleared put him in the match with Edge, have him win. Have MVP win the Chamber, and than have Hardy vs MVP for the World title. It would be awesome to see MVP vs Matt blowing off (or adding another layer) their feud in a WHC title match, with the roles reversed. 1st it was all about Matt chasing MVP, and MVP making excuses before taking Matt out for good. Now MVP has to face Matt if he wants the World title. Than have Jeff win the Chamber, challenge Orton (or Cena), Jeff wins of course. Than you can replace the Benoit/Guerrero celebration, with Matt/Jeff Hardy to end mania. It makes perfect sense, you can still blow off Edge/Taker with a streak vs streak gimmick match, where the winner gets a #1 contender shot.

I know it won't happen, but I can dream.

Matt vs. MVP in a World Title match at a WrestleMania would be a disaster.

And it would make the US title looking meaningless... Truthiness, do us all a favor and just shut the fuck up.

And it would make the US title looking meaningless... Truthiness, do us all a favor and just shut the fuck up.

Right after you kill yourself.

I know it won't happen, I said it was something I'd like too see, moron.

How does the Us Title look anyway? MVP goes months without even defending the damn thing?

I said it was a dream. But humor me, Why would it be a "disaster"?

Because neither are Wrestlemania main event material yet, you fucking idiot. MVP is being built up to be a main eventer prefectly, hot shotting him while in the process would screw things up.