TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Garbageman

What would go on a best of Nitro DVD?

Guest Garbageman

So if you were in charge of a best of Nitro dvd set, what would go on it?

My suggestions:

Flair's return and the Horsemen reunion (Benoit doesn't even say anything, so it should be okay)

Hall and Nash's debuts

Kidman vs Juvi 9/14/98

Booker T vs Steiner and Sting vs Flair on the last Nitro

Pillman vs Liger from the first

Goldberg vs Hogan

Anything else?

Golberg vs. Raven (Goldberg wins US Title). The first real moment where you knew the next step was the WCW Title. It's also a fun little match.

Could be a DVD Bonus Match building up to the Goldberg/Hogan match.

Also the Raven/DDP series, again helped vault DDP into the WCW Title picture later.

I wanna say the Horsemen Parody, but it will probably never see the light of day again, actually.

Malenko/Mysterio the night after Bash at the Beach 1996 is a pretty sweet match and Rey's first title win. The match he had with Psychosis at the PPV the night before pretty much made Rey in WCW, and I always figured they kinda had to give him the title after that.

And shame on you all for not demanding a comprehensive look at Chris Jericho's reign of terror as Cruiserweight champ in 1998. Everything from ripping Dave Penzer's tuxedo (and subsequent tuxes he bought to apologize) to his descent on Washington DC.

I'd personally put on there Psicosis winning the CW title in a great 20+ minute opening match, against Mysterio, Juvi, and Blitzkrieg. Not historically significant, but it was an awesome match, and a huge shock as well, since Rey had been UNBEATABLE against cruiserweights at that time.

Gotta have the first big nWo backstage beatdown, where Nash tossed Mysterio into the side of the trailer like a lawn dart.

If they showed it, I'd hope it would start from the random match and Jimmy Hart totally freaking out and running from backstage.

I also loved the nWo beatdown when the Giant turned. I believe it was an 8 man tag between the Dungeon of Doom and the Horsemen. The heat was tremendous and the beatdown last for a long time.

Malenko/Mysterio the night after Bash at the Beach 1996 is a pretty sweet match and Rey's first title win. The match he had with Psychosis at the PPV the night before pretty much made Rey in WCW, and I always figured they kinda had to give him the title after that.

I was going to mention that one. I think Malenko and Misterio had a couple really good TV matches, IIRC.

They would have to put at least one token lucha six or eight man tag, just to show how many luchadores WCW was featuring at the time.

I would also include Lex Luger's World Title win over Hulk Hogan, just because it was such a huge moment, and somewhat unexpected. Of course, it ended up not really mattering six days later, but it was still a pretty big deal.

The Regal/Finlay parking lot brawl would have to be on there, too.

I'd personally put on there Psicosis winning the CW title in a great 20+ minute opening match, against Mysterio, Juvi, and Blitzkrieg. Not historically significant, but it was an awesome match, and a huge shock as well, since Rey had been UNBEATABLE against cruiserweights at that time.

Was anyone ever able to determine if Psicosis was actually supposed to win the title in that match? The way it happened, it almost looked like an accident. It was also kind of weird since Psicosis was never really booked as a top contender to the CW Title at that point.

I wanna say the Horsemen Parody, but it will probably never see the light of day again, actually.

And shame on you all for not demanding a comprehensive look at Chris Jericho's reign of terror as Cruiserweight champ in 1998. Everything from ripping Dave Penzer's tuxedo (and subsequent tuxes he bought to apologize) to his descent on Washington DC.

Thanks Matt. actually that could take up a whole disc if they ever do a Jericho dvd, which with him now back in the fold, WWE is certain to do at some point.

Back to topic I would include all of the stuff already said, plus some of the stuff they were doing at the end of WCW. I would have put some Benoit/Sullivan stuff before June 2007, but we all know why not.

Luger vs. Hogan for the title on the 100th episode where Luger wins the belt.

That's the definite. That was the high point of Luger's second run in WCW and a great WCW moment.

Guest KCC

From just watching the '99 Spring Break Nitro, I'd have to say Mysterio vs. Flair would have to go on a Nitro DVD. A very fun match, which showcases WCW's uniqueness at the time by not only pushing a cruiserweight, but having the match take place on a swimming pool! Who doesn't love seeing people get thrown into pools?

Guest IronManLUNG

The Dennis Rodman and Karl Malone stuff

The first few months of Raven's Flock

Sid footage

Yeah, Juvi won the title from Kidman the night after...ugh...Fall Brawl '98.

I don't think so. I believe this one was around November.

Edit: Quick check of Cawthon's site shows that they had a match on the 16th where Juvi won the title. Anyone else remember this match?

Sid footage? I'm a Sid mark but I don't think he did anything in his last WCW run that was worthy of inclusion on a Best of Nitro DVD.

For comedy purposes you could include the "I am twice the man you with have the brain" promo.

Well, until recent events I would expect one match from Benoit/Booker best of seven.

Even if they were to include Booker (circa 98, that is) it would probably be something with Finlay, Saturn, or maybe Martel.

Sting attacking the nWo from any given Nitro. You just don't see crowd reactions like that anymore. One man, with a baseball bat, taking out 20 or so other guys by himself.

Sid footage? I'm a Sid mark but I don't think he did anything in his last WCW run that was worthy of inclusion on a Best of Nitro DVD.

Honestly enough, he and Scott Steiner put on a small miracle at one of the last PPV's of 2000 (it may have been Starrcade).

Disco Inferno's music video where he's photoshopped into Konnan's video.

I laughed so hard at that.

Someone show me it on youtube or dailymotion or anything and i'll be a very very very happy person.

Guest KCC
Disco Inferno's music video where he's photoshopped into Konnan's video.

I laughed so hard at that.

Someone show me it on youtube or dailymotion or anything and i'll be a very very very happy person.

Another awesome Nitro match: Kidman vs. Rey from the Nitro after Uncensored in 1999. Here I am, watching it 9 years later, and I'm on the edge of my seat.