TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

Mike Adamle

According to Jason Powell's podcast, it seems Adamle and Tazz didn't know they were going to be pulled off the broadcast. Adamle got the call to put down the headset and walk out of the booth. Tazz was also told to leave after Adamle left. Tazz immediately left the arena and looked visibly bothered by the decision. Adamle went backstage and waited for a couple of minutes to talk to McMahon but McMahon completely ignored him. Powell doesn't know if it is a work, but Tazz looked pissed that it happened.

PWI is claiming that Vince pulled a Bischoff and working the locker room with that and that Adamle and Tazz were in on it. When Adamle came backstage, Vince totally ignored him and Adamle immediately got in his car and left. Tazz didn't even go backstage, he immediately left the building.

Meltz kind of said the same thing on Wednesday.

--It looks like WWE is trying to pick up ratings by doing things to garner "talk" after the TV shows, which the announcers walking off before the main event did. Backstage, it played like it was a shoot and that they were trying to work everyone backstage (shades of WCW). It may have been a shoot, and will be turned into an angle, but the feeling is Vince and a few others had an idea and just didn't let people in on it.

I think (I didn't see it) that Adamle and The Tazz walked out of the show during the main event leaving the commentary empty. I'm guessing it's a work and a way to bring Styles in for the 100th show.

Just hope this doesn't lead to an Adamle v Styles match up at some PPV haha

That would be even worse than Gertner/Cyrus back in the original ECW.

A quick update from wwe.com

STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE.com was finally able to reach Mike Adamle today; however, the lead ECW commentator refused to discuss his decision to walk off the job during Tuesday night’s broadcast of ECW on Sci Fi.

Speculation remains rampant in the locker room as well as in WWE offices and at WWE.com headquarters. Some believe Adamle is quitting the company. Others say it’s simply a ploy to make more money.

The most popular belief is that his walk-out was a result of the hostile environment at WWE events. Superstars have not been shy about teasing the commentator about his on-air gaffes. Also, perhaps worst of all, Adamle has been greeted by shouts of “Please quit,” “You suck,” and even “Drop Dead!” from our fans in the rows closest to the announcers’ table.

Any one or a combination of all of these factors could contribute to the unprecedented event our viewers saw take place on Tuesday night. What exactly is the situation now? Is ECW missing a play-by-play commentator? It appears we will only get answers if Adamle returns for the next ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

Didn't Vince learn his lesson about angles involving announers with that moronic J.R./King vs Coach/Al Snow bullshit from Raw years back?

Lawler vs. Tazz was fun, until they dragged it out an additional month.

It was, but Tazz wasn't an announcer at that point.

Didn't Vince learn his lesson about angles involving announers with that moronic J.R./King vs Coach/Al Snow bullshit from Raw years back?

Did you forget about all the fun arguments Tazz and Lawler and even Bradshaw would get into when all the annoucers would be on the same show together. Tazz and Styles just firing back comments to JR and Lawler were always the best.

I really want a fan whose sitting behind Mike Adamle to hold up a sign that says "he sucks" with a aarow pointing down towards Adamle now.

Lawler vs. Tazz was fun, until they dragged it out an additional month.

It was, but Tazz wasn't an announcer at that point.

I believe he was talking about the angle during the re-startup of ECW when Lawler and Tazz were feuding as commentators and had a quick squash match at ONS II with Tazz quickly choking out Lawler.

Ok, I'm going to go out there and say this but...

I like Mike Adamle's voice.

Not his ability to call a match and tell the storylines, but, he has a 'sports' voice, if that makes sense. I understand he's worked in sports commentator for years, so that's probably helped him developed his delivery and voice, but I think with a little coaching and time he could be pretty decent.

It makes a difference to the Southern voices of JR and King, which I don't mind, but you just grow used to hearing them over the years.

Michael Cole's voice is very generic and doesn't really stand out, which is probably why people don't really care for him. Its just one of those voices that would get lost in a crowd.

This probably doesn't make much sense, so I apologize!

Not his ability to call a match and tell the storylines, but, he has a 'sports' voice, if that makes sense. I understand he's worked in sports commentator for years, so that's probably helped him developed his delivery and voice, but I think with a little coaching and time he could be pretty decent.

It makes a difference to the Southern voices of JR and King, which I don't mind, but you just grow used to hearing them over the years.

Michael Cole's voice is very generic and doesn't really stand out, which is probably why people don't really care for him. Its just one of those voices that would get lost in a crowd.

That absolutely makes sense. A guy either SOUNDS like a broadcaster or he doesn't. Adamle definitely has a good PBP voice, and with some coaching on the product and a little patience, I still think he'll be fine. In fact, part of me is starting to wonder if his awful performances the last few weeks have actually been on purpose to start this bizarre angle.

That absolutely makes sense. A guy either SOUNDS like a broadcaster or he doesn't. Adamle definitely has a good PBP voice, and with some coaching on the product and a little patience, I still think he'll be fine. In fact, part of me is starting to wonder if his awful performances the last few weeks have actually been on purpose to start this bizarre angle.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well, however, when he first started he did tend to get caught up in what he was saying and get into a tangle. I remember him calling someone the wrong name at Royal Rumble when he was standing amongst the crowd, and the people around him seemed to laugh at him. At the time I put it down to nerves of a new job.

If this angles goes down its probably to take on board the 'heat' (I use that loosely) and run with it, make it appear as if his bad play calling was a gimmick. Either way, its got people talking about it, so I guess WWE have achieved something, even if its just causing a slight stir amongst the 'Internet' fans.

Isn't it kind of similar to what happened to Maria? She called one of the wrestlers the wrong name on her first night interviewing and that sort of snowballed into her ditzy gimmick. I think she called Edge "The Edge" if I remember correctly.

No she was interviewing Shawn Michaels and she called him Edge so HBK had to call her on it on the air and it sort of degenerated into her current gimmick.

No she was interviewing Shawn Michaels and she called him Edge so HBK had to call her on it on the air and it sort of degenerated into her current gimmick.

No, the above poster before you is correct. Her mistakenly calling Edge "The Edge" was her first gaffe.

You know it's sad when your company tries to "work shoots" based around the fucking commentary team.

EDIT: ...and the commentary team of the C show, no less.

Did you forget about all the fun arguments Tazz and Lawler and even Bradshaw would get into when all the annoucers would be on the same show together. Tazz and Styles just firing back comments to JR and Lawler were always the best.

I really want a fan whose sitting behind Mike Adamle to hold up a sign that says "he sucks" with a aarow pointing down towards Adamle now.

"This ain't American Gladiators"

You know it's sad when your company tries to "work shoots" based around the fucking commentary team.

EDIT: ...and the commentary team of the C show, no less.

WWE has to work shoots every opportunity they get. That being said, I really hope they address Hollywood Incest Hogan. Have Marella cut a promo in the ring asking the American audience if this is how all American fathers are with their daughters, then show the disturbing pics on the TitanTron. he'll be like "I a-see, in America, families are really close to one another, eh"

Or bring back the Huckster to demand an intergender match with Lil Hucksterette and he uses smothering grappling holds throughout the match.

it's only a matter of time before a feud starts because one wrestler will accuse another "you're the reason why benoit killed his family and himself!"

remember, controversy creates ca$h

"Incest is best, put your daughter to the test!! brother!!!" - The Hulkster

I don't get why people even remotely care about this angle.

I don't think anyone does.

If Joey is returning for the 100th ep, it really isn't that big of a deal. He's been gone for what, 3 weeks? Yeah, that's some real epic time away.

Lawler returning after almost a year, without even a hint ahead of time and after a very public dispute, was a big moment. Joey returning after 3 weeks away, while still employed by the company...not so much.