TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Conference Semifinals

With only one game left in the first round, I'll go ahead and start this.

East

-1- Boston vs -4- Cleveland

-2- Detroit vs -3- Orlando

West

-1- LA Lakers vs -4- Utah

-2- New Orleans vs -3- San Antonio

Sat, May 3

Detroit 91, Orlando 72

New Orleans 101, San Antonio 82

Sun, May 4

LA Lakers 109, Utah 98

Mon, May 5

Detroit 100, Orlando 93

New Orleans 102, San Antonio 84

Tue, May 6

Boston 76, Cleveland 72

Wed, May 7

Orlando 111, Detroit 86

LA Lakers 120, Utah 110

Thu, May 8

Boston 89, Cleveland 73

San Antonio 110, New Orleans 99

Fri, May 9

Utah 104, LA Lakers 99

Sat, May 10

Detroit 90, Orlando 89

Cleveland 108, Boston 84

Sun, May 11

Utah 123, LA Lakers 115, OT

San Antonio 100, New Orleans 80

Mon, May 12

Cleveland 88, Boston 77

Tue, May 13

Detroit 91, Orlando 86, Detroit wins 4-1

New Orleans 101, San Antonio 79

Wed, May 14

Boston 96, Cleveland 89

LA Lakers 111, Utah 104

Thu, May 15

San Antonio 99, New Orleans 80

Fri, May 16

Cleveland 74, Boston 69

LA Lakers 108, Utah 105, Lakers win 4-2

Sun, May 18

Boston 97, Cleveland 92, Boston wins 4-3

Mon, May 19

San Antonio 91, New Orleans 82, San Antonio wins 4-3

Regardless of Boston/Atlanta winner, I've got Cleveland winning in 7

Detroit in 6

Lakers in 6

Spurs in 7

Regardless of Boston/Atlanta winner, I've got Cleveland winning in 7

If it is the Hawks, I don't see the Cavs letting them push the series to game 7 like the Celtics have. Everything else I agree with.

I'm about 95% sure that the Celtics will win Game 7, but I didn't want to feel like I was disrespecting the Hawks or anything.

Celtics over Cavs in 6/Cavs over Hawks in 6

Pistons in 6

Lakers in 7

Spurs in 6 (although I really want the Hornets to win)

Pistons in 6. Orlando (being my team B, and I hate that they have to meet in the second round instead of in the Finals) is going to give the Pistons a fight, but as long as the Pistons don't get disinterested and arrogant, they will win the series.

If the Celtics take care of business tonight (and I don't want that, just so that Boston sports fan gets taken down another notch. Don't get me wrong, I respect the team's dominance in the regular season, but I am sick and tired of Boston fans running their mouths, if the Red Sox get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, it just might shut them up for awhile), the Cavs have a chance to knock them out, because the Celtics' confidence is shaken. I think that somewhere along the line they remember who they are and win through. Celtics in 7.

If the Hawks pull the upset, they are going to find that they don;t have much left in the gas tank, and the Cavs roll over them. Cavs in 5.

If the Lakers had a functional Bynum, I would say they would beat the Jazz in 6. But the Jazz are going to give the Lakers all they can handle and then some. A lot of people seem to want to give the Lakers a fast and easy road to the Finals, and I don;t see that at all. Lakers in 7.

If Chris Paul keeps playing at the level he is (or god forbid he shows that he has ANOTHER gear he can shift to), The Spurs are going to find that they are big, big trouble. They are a great team, but they are a little older and a little slower. I expect an epic duel between Parker and Paul, and if they put Bowen on Paul, he is going to pick them apart. Hornets in 7.

Boston over Cleveland in 7 or Cleveland over Atlanta in 5

Detroit in 6

LA in 6

San Antonio in 6 (I'd like for New Orleans to win though)

I'm not sure I get the matchups. If Atlanta beats Boston, they play Detroit don't they? With everywhere I look, they're saying Detroit vs. Orlando no matter what, but don't they go by regular playoff seeding in every round? If Atlanta wins, they face Detroit and Cleveland faces Orlando.

Right?

Wow...picking all the (presumed) underdogs, huh?

I mean it could happen, but I'd be very surprised if it did.

I've got:

Boston in 6

(or Cleveland in 6 if it's Atlanta)

Cleveland plays a much more "conventional" style of play - one that Boston won't have as much trouble with. Lebron's always a factor but I can't overlook that the Cavs team aside from him kinda sucks.

Detroit in 6

This'll be a tough series, but the bottom line for me is:

-Pistons do the best job of harassing Dwight into average (by his standard) games.

-Jameer Nelson cannot stop Billups. You beat the Pistons in the playoffs when you can neutralize Billups (usually with a big guard) - Orlando simply does not have the guards to do this. In fact the matchups here kind of remind me of Chicago last year, who also had undersized guards.

LAL in 7

I picked 7 here because Utah is a dangerous team who is one player away from winning a title. Regardless I think their interior D is weak and Phil is good enough to exploit that. Wouldn't be surprised to see Utah pull the 'upset' though.

San Antonio in 6

If Chris Paul can will NO over the Spurs that would be amazing - but the Spurs have really turned it on in the playoffs. Gotta go with them.

Wow...picking all the (presumed) underdogs, huh?

I mean it could happen, but I'd be very surprised if it did.

I think the Magic are more solid than the Pistons, I think the Celtics are being exposed by the Hawks (though the Cavs' hopes fall squarely on LeBron), I think the Hornets are being severely underrated, and I think the Jazz are getting constantly underrated by everybody.

I personally hope it's a Hornets-Lakers West final rather than Hornets-Jazz, as the Hornets have a better track record against the Lakers.

I've got:

Boston in 6

(or Cleveland in 6 if it's Atlanta)

Cleveland plays a much more "conventional" style of play - one that Boston won't have as much trouble with. Lebron's always a factor but I can't overlook that the Cavs team aside from him kinda sucks.

Hey, Wally and Z are good players, but I agree that Boston should wake up if they don't choke vs. Atlanta.

Now this is what I call a choke-out by the Pistons on the Magic. Continually harass the Magic players defensively and let their frustration do the job for you. They switched a lot of defenders on Dwight Howard and gave him a lot of different looks. If they keep this kind of intensity up, they could sweep.

I just don't think they will. Orlando is too good a team to get swept.

If some way the Hawks take the Celtics, I dont see the Cavs beating them. And honestly, if they end up with Cavs/Orlando, The fucking Hawks could make the finals if by some miracle they win tommorrow.

I would pick the Hawks over the Cavs in 6 and over the Magic in 7.

Pistons would probably sweep or take it in 5.

I just don't see Cleveland, even with the Lebron, being able to beat the Hawks.

Either Boston over Cleveland, or Cleveland over Atlanta, in 6.

Lakers in 6

Spurs in 6

And for my upset special, Magic in 7.

Just imagine if the Spurs had their old colors, we could see a "fuschia-out" or a "teal-out".

How bush league of the Hornets to have to delay a playoff game because of a botched stunt involving a mascot. The NBA doesn't need mascots and cheerleaders.

If the Spurs make six more threes in this quarter, I wonder what stunt Hugo will try at halftime.

I don't think it will happen, but if New Orleans somehow gets by the Spurs I could easily see them winning the championship with Paul basically playing 2006 D-Wade, minus getting every call known to man.

The Hornets were great tonight, but I wouldn't count on another 5-point game from Tim Duncan in this series.

The Hornets were great tonight, but I wouldn't count on another 5-point game from Tim Duncan in this series.

While I wouldn't count on that, I also wouldn't count on the Spurs hitting lights-out 3-pointers for the rest of the series.

Frustrating Duncan only works if their other options are streaky at best.

Keeping Bowen, Kurt Thomas, Tony Parker, and others from hitting 3-pointers while limiting Duncan seems to be a winner.