TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Conference Semifinals

You could also argue that the Spurs probably won't hit 12 3's again although they cooled off a lot in the second half. I expect the next 3 or 4 games to be really tight but if the Spurs don't defend and rebound better (Hornets shot 50% and were +16 on the glass) there's no way they'll win the series even if Duncan goes for 30+ per night.

Guest College Party
How bush league of the Hornets to have to delay a playoff game because of a botched stunt involving a mascot. The NBA doesn't need mascots and cheerleaders.

Yes it does. Benny the Bull is a bigger draw than Larry Hughes.

The Hornets were great tonight, but I wouldn't count on another 5-point game from Tim Duncan in this series.

While I wouldn't count on that, I also wouldn't count on the Spurs hitting lights-out 3-pointers for the rest of the series.

Frustrating Duncan only works if their other options are streaky at best.

Keeping Bowen, Kurt Thomas, Tony Parker, and others from hitting 3-pointers while limiting Duncan seems to be a winner.

That's a nice thought, but I just don't think that's possible. If you keep double-teaming Duncan, all those shooters...Bowen, Finley, Barry, Horry, Udoka, they may not continue to hit at that clip, but they will continue to get open looks. Parker is going to get his points, and as great as I think Chris Paul is, I think those two ultimately cancel each other out. Ginobili will usually get what he wants, too.

It's also worth mentioning that since Duncan came into the league, the Spurs have only once gone down 2-0 in a series. (EDIT: Actually, twice. The first time was when Duncan was a rookie.)

That was a just a rough game all around for San Antonio. Blame the mascot, I guess. They're almost certain to win the second game.

It's hard to see Orlando winning more than two games, because they have such a big matchup problem at the guard spots. Jameer Nelson and Maurice Evans can't even sniff Billups and Rip Hamilton. That's not even a contest. They outscored nelson/evans by 25 points.

They need to find a way to get Howard more involved in the offense, but with the Pistons mixing up the defenses that's going to be very hard to do.

I found myself thinking that Kobe had had a horrible shooting night because of how badly he missed those 3 or 4 shots. It was surprising to see that he'd gone for 8-16 at the end of the day.

It was Utah that couldn't hit it's wide open midrange jumpers in the second quarter and in crunch time. If they, the Lakers, keep playing like that, LA could be trouble because you aren't going to get a bad game out of both Boozer and Williams every night and with the guys around them just missing open jumpshots.

That wasn't the best effort from the Lakers. Gave up way too many offensive rebounds. I'm still happy with the win, though.

Stupid ass refs are going to ruin this game on a messed up call.

One of these refs seem to be pulling a Donaghy for Detroit tonight. This has been atrocious.

Tim Duncan is having an OK, not great, game for the Spurs tonight, but Tony Parker and Manu are playing like ass.

This has the makings of another Hornets blowout.

The Spurs have a very tough road to the title at this point.. have to come back 0-2 and then face Lakers, then likely Boston or Pistons.

The NBA is probably wanting a NO/LA Western Conf championship series, so they can start building a CP3/Kobe rivalry.

The Spurs have a very tough road to the title at this point.. have to come back 0-2 and then face Lakers, then likely Boston or Pistons.

The NBA is probably wanting a NO/LA Western Conf championship series, so they can start building a CP3/Kobe rivalry.

OI! Utah is only down 1. :angry:

I feel less bad about the Suns losing to the Spurs because they probably would have gotten their asses handed to them against the Hornets.

I am wondering why the Hack -a -Chan method hasn't come into play yet.

I feel less bad about the Suns losing to the Spurs because they probably would have gotten their asses handed to them against the Hornets.

I am wondering why the Hack -a -Chan method hasn't come into play yet.

They tried Hack-A-Chandler in Game 1, but Chandler hit both his FTs. That discouraged them from continuing it.

(I think he's like 7 of 8 in the post-season for FTs.)

They mentioned it over on FreeDarko how the Hornets and more specifically Chris Paul's success will only motivate Deron Williams.

They mentioned it over on FreeDarko how the Hornets and more specifically Chris Paul's success will only motivate Deron Williams.

It better... Deron is CP3's daddy on the court and the easiest path for Utah to the Finals would be through New Orleans.

It better... Deron is CP3's daddy on the court and the easiest path for Utah to the Finals would be through New Orleans.

This is also true.

Deron truely does own him in every matchup they have.

Also for the long run a D-Wil/CP3 duelling Point Guard rivalry would be more interesting over a longer period of time than a Bryant/CP3 rivalry.

And NO would be the more favorable match up since SA AXE MURDERS Utah all the God damned time.

You know, I had planed to root for the celtics if my teams got eliminated, but I don't think its possible to lose more respect for a player as i did for Kevin Garnett in the first round. Constant shit talk is one thing, cheap shots is another. And even though part of me wants to still root for Ray Allen to get his ring, Go Cavs.

Dama, can I ask a question? How is it you are so disgusted with ESPN's hype of Lebron that you were rooting for the Wizards to make dirty, injury causing fouls on him but the 4 sportscenter commercials, the dozens of sportscenter features, gatorade commercials and like 3 of those "there can only be one" commercials and a ridiculous bias of the ESPN commentators for the Celtics doesn't bother you not one bit?