TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

The best game ever

Price is Right, playable over the Internet.

You'd have a lobby of 64 people or so. And people would be called to "come on down" and play. It'd be like Price is Right (DIGITAL PLINKO). And the rest of the people in the lobby would be the mindless dicks just like they are in the live studio audience.

Who's with me?! It'd be freaking awesome.

The weak point is that not everyone gets to play. But that's actually a plus, because you feel really special if you get chosen.

Edit: SPINNING THE WHEEL WOULD RULE

From the site:

Unlimited, unrestricted gameplay.

Play 16 popular pricing games.

Hear announcer audio and theme music.

Earn achievement trophies.

Compete against up to 4 players.

My version is better because it supports 64 players but only 4 can play a pricing challenge and 1 person gets to do a game. The other 63 may call him "gay" or something, which is seriously totally awesome.

Even better:

On the 360 version, (and PS3 and elsewhere where appropriate), being picked to play X number of times would be an achievement. So getting picked 1, 10, 100, etc times would each be an achievement. That way, people will actualy boot up the game over and over, even if they only get picked every so often.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should grab XNA Studio 3.0, C# Express 2008, and try to code a prototype. Pity I know NOTHING about modern network programming.

Hole in One or Two would probably be a system of "meters go up and down, press the button to lock it in" system, the way old school golf games are.

Plinko would be just drop it, and it would fall, and be physics based. If I wanted to be a dick, I would throw in a delta factor that would "encourage" the plinko puck to aim for a $0 slot.

Would you use a virtual Bob Barker or a virtual Drew Carey?

Seeing as how I can't code graphics to save my life, it would be a jpeg of Bob Barker, and text without voice.

Unless I did a voice-over.

Would you use a virtual Bob Barker or a virtual Drew Carey?

Seeing as how I can't code graphics to save my life, it would be a jpeg of Bob Barker, and text without voice.

Unless I did a voice-over.

It would have to be a voice-over due to your radness.

I have found an even better idea:

I can imagine that Guitar Villain would consist of you, the player, as a Dick Dastardly type character, who oftenemotes "Yessss" to himself, and twiddles his mustache, who wields a large pair of scissors that cut guitar strings.