TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

My next pick is going to be the 'pure' wrestler on my promotion. His style is one that exemplifies the old-school wresting of holds and counters with the emphasis on getting the match over as something to pay attention to and take seriously. That's not to say he's not entertaining to watch, because he is, though he doesn't entertain in a flashy or 'sports entertainment' manner, and while that doesn't suit some people, it suits me and fits in perfectly with my promotion. My next pick is a wrestler that I really wanted to get and feel lucky to do so, as he definitely flew under the radar. My next pick is...

Osamu%20Nishimura%203.jpg

Osamu Nishimura!

I'm fairly sure this will be my last tag team and I'm glad I was able to wait this long to take them as I secured some other needs in the last few rounds. I haven't yet decided if I'll use them as faces or heels but think they're just about as effective either way. My next pick is Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens aka The Naturals.

200px-The-naturals.jpg

Eight hours have passed, I'll make Mellow's pick.

Cheerleader Melissa

One of my top faces of the Women's Division.

melissaandersontnagk7.jpg

NOOOOO Melissa was going to be my next face woman.

: :angry:

Alas I'll need a team to combat The Crush Gals, and a pair who could side with Aja and form the most dominant women's faction in the history of everything.

bull1.jpg

Bull Nakano

02.jpg

Dump Matsumoto

Dump is arguably the most hated heel in Joshi history. Bull was transcendent and came to the WWF and WCW as a mega over heel.

These two terrorized The Crush Gals, and arguably _made_ Joshi wrestling solvent in the 80's.

My Women's Division > Yours just with these two monsters on my roster.

my version of a hardcore division would feature brawl for all type matches with all the guys that can "bring it". Shamrock and Stu immediately come to mind. So does this man. He didn't have much of a career as a pro wrestler, with the highlight being a lame Nitro match against Goldberg and being turned into a member of 3 count. Vince Russo also wanted him to win a battle royal for the vacant wcw title, which ultimately got him canned. My next selection is...

ufc-14b.jpg

Tank Abbott

Counting up the picks Stevie it looks like you did, since your last pick was Ryan and DisMachine which is 19 and Dump/Bull was my twentieth.

With the next selection in the draft, I'm going to take someone to work against Kabuki. He was a popular face in the South, especially in Texas. He should best be remembered as someone who directly influenced the interview style of The Rock as he made one of this man's key catchphrases. It shouldn't come as a shock since he teamed with Rocky Johnson at one point, and that will let me form a pseudo-stable of Johnson, Atlas, Dog, and this individual.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

200px-Iceman_King_Parsons.jpg

"ICEMAN" KING PARSONS

Okay, I'm going to go with...

CRASH HOLLY.

There, now I've got my hardcore match. Holly vs. Holly vs. Blackman vs. Lafitte. More so comedy than hardcore, but still.

And yeah Stevie, you missed your pick.

Okay, I'm going to go with...

CRASH HOLLY.

There, now I've got my hardcore match. Holly vs. Holly vs. Blackman vs. Lafitte. More so comedy than hardcore, but still.

And yeah Stevie, you missed your pick.

Poop I was hoping Crash would slide a little to set up my comedic undercard.

And Chuck Taylor and Jericho pairing would be awesome.

Crand picks...

"Exotic" Adrian Street.

Crand is officially on my shit list now. :)

You had 20 rounds to pick him, so nyah :-P

Yeah, but he was going to be picked in round 21. :D

My next pick is one of the biggest babyfaces of the '70s and despite the fact that he's Italian-American, he's perhaps the most beloved of the wrestling Indians. He could probably feud (and in some cases has) with pretty much any heel on more roster. Feuds with "Superstar" Billy Graham, Don Muraco, or Ric Flair would all be money IMHO.

He's a former NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion, a 4 time WWF Tag Team Champion, was PWI's Most Popular Wrestler of 1973, and is a member of the WWE Hall of Fame Class of '94...

Ladies and gentlemen, with my 20th pick, I'm proud to select...

05.jpgChief Jay Strongbow!

I'm back guys (and my face it terribly sunburnt). I can take any future inquiries from here on out. Thanks again to 909 for handling things while I was gone.

P.S. Fuck Steviekick for taking Chukie T long before I thought he was going to go.

Hahahahha...It's kind of funny. Originally I though smooth Chuckie T would have become mine towards the last few picks, but I decided to move him up a bit.

I might have to snag my comedic undercard tag team this next round... I have a feeling Stevie might have them on the radar.

For the 254th pick of the draft I choose:

248277451_ca6f53ac85.jpg

The Human Tornado

I thought my roster could use a few more colourful characters and Human Tornado fits the bill perfectly. He'd make a wonderful midcard face. He's not just a gimmick, he can go in the ring and can have good to great matches with all the smaller guys as well as bumping his ass off and get sympathy for any of the bigger ones.

I think I know who you're talking about Matzo, and they're certainly on my radar as well, with another pick coming up in 4 rounds as well....

It's funny, originally I wasn't too interested in tag teams but the further we've progressed with this the more interested I've become. I've got at least three more teams I'd quite like in mind at the moment.

There's a team that I'm absolutely shocked hasn't been picked yet. In fact, I thought they'd already been picked before I scanned the list last night and alas- they were not there. I thought they'd be picked in the first fifteen rounds for sure- if not the first ten. I don't want to say anymore 'cause they're mine!

There's a team that I'm absolutely shocked hasn't been picked yet. In fact, I thought they'd already been picked before I scanned the list last night and alas- they were not there. I thought they'd be picked in the first fifteen rounds for sure- if not the first ten. I don't want to say anymore 'cause they're mine!

I think I might have an idea on who you are talking about here. They're popping up on my radar, but I can't seem to find a good match to put against them at the present moment.

There are actually two tag teams I could think of that fit that description. But only one that really matches up well against one of my teams.

Edit: The team I was describing was The Pitbulls, who were picked eight rounds ago. Well, it's better to learn about this before I made the pick and look like a goof. Ah well.

By my calculations Drury's time has expired and OriginalOrangeGoblin is on the clock.

By my calculations Drury's time has expired and OriginalOrangeGoblin is on the clock.

We are still skipping over Drury, as he has two make up selections. So, OOG then back to you if he doesn't make up his selections.

Junior%2011.jpg

Minoru Tanaka/HEAT

- He will compete in his mask as HEAT and be brought in as a "hired gun" of Hassan and Daivari's in their battle against democracy. His combination of shooting ability and technical wrestling will make him a terror in my cruiser division and Hassan will be his mouth piece using HEAT as a silent assassin.

05.jpg

'The Mongolian Stomper'/Archie Gouldie

How the hell is he still available? A terrifically intense brawler and one of the best heels of all-time in his Stampede days, I will be using Gouldie in his younger day gimmick of the silent Mongolian Stomper. He will be billed from Mongolia and be another recruit of Hassan's. I'm not sure who I'm feuding him with yet but I'm leaning towards Slaughter since these two would have some phenomenal brawls.