TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

2008 Summer Olympics

That was an awesome game. Clutch shots, da fire and passion and good team play on both ends of the court. Kobe was nasty at the end and Rudy Fernandez can hit any shot on the court.

The men's basketball gold medal game was the only part of the entire Olympics I watched. Great game! Wade did a great job in the first half while Kobe and Lebron were in foul trouble, then Kobe came up big in the 4th.

You know there wasn't much defense when the losing team in a 40 min game has 107 points.

Man, I loved watching this team USA basketball play. I watched them from last summer's FIBA Americas Championship and was attached to them since... even as a Canadian myself. I loved at the end, the sportsmanship of everyone, going and shaking the hands of Doug Collins. Unlike the Athens team, it was really hard to boo this team.

Man, I loved watching this team USA basketball play. I watched them from last summer's FIBA Americas Championship and was attached to them since... even as a Canadian myself. I loved at the end, the sportsmanship of everyone, going and shaking the hands of Doug Collins. Unlike the Athens team, it was really hard to boo this team.

Eh, I don't like 3 of their major stars (Lebron, Kobe and Wade) but they had enough other guys I liked to get behind (Bosh, Paul, Williams, Howard and Prince) that I was able to get behind the team and root for them. They're still not the Dream Team though. I had to turn the game off at halftime though and finally pass out. I liked that guard from Spain, he's pretty good.

I can't believe that was Team Spain without Calderón, their starting point guard. I don't know much about how he's done with the team or in the Olympics as I haven't watched any of their games, but he was coming off a real good NBA season. They looked great even without him. I know Fernandez is a Blazer and Marc Gasol was part of the trade package that landed Pau, but is anyone else going to the NBA?

I can't believe that was Team Spain without Calderón, their starting point guard. I don't know much about how he's done with the team or in the Olympics as I haven't watched any of their games, but he was coming off a real good NBA season. They looked great even without him. I know Fernandez is a Blazer and Marc Gasol was part of the trade package that landed Pau, but is anyone else going to the NBA?

They said the 17 year old (Rickey Rubio?) would be going one day in the near future.

Were they wearing...bike helmets and riding Mr. Garrison's future car from South Park?

Yeah, how cool was that?

But now there is nothing to watch on television until the NBA season starts.

Guest Vitamin X

The fuck? College football kicks off this weekend, and the NFL the next.

Oh wait, you live in New Orleans, that explains it..

The fuck? College football kicks off this weekend, and the NFL the next.

Oh wait, you live in New Orleans, that explains it..

What? The Saints are picked to win the division there, they should be a fun team to watch.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
And if you don't like football?

Spend the next few months kicking your kid's ass at checkers.

Guest WhackingCockDick
Were they wearing...bike helmets and riding Mr. Garrison's future car from South Park?

Yeah, how cool was that?

But now there is nothing to watch on television until the NBA season starts.

Baseball pennant races/playoffs, beginning of NFL and college football, the other U.S. Open the one that requires athleticism, beginning of hockey season. Hello, friend.