TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

All-Time NBA Draft (THE RESULTS ARE IN THE FIRST POST)

OFFICIAL RANKINGS:

WINNER: 909 w/183 POINTS

magic_johnson.jpg

909's voting breakdown: 16 5 15 18 17 14 17 16 13 16 10 16 10

2: Vitamin X w/14 13 13 9 13 18 16 12 10 6 17 14 15 > 170

3: CanadianChris w/13 12 6 11 12 12 10 18 3 18 16 18 18 > 167

4. TheOriginalOrangeGoblin w/8 14 11 17 15 15 17 12 7 2 15 11 12 > 156

4. MFerXtreme w/7 15 14 16 17 14 13 15 14 6 7 7 11 > 156

6. Jorge Gorgeous w/3 7 5 13 16 8 18 17 8 13 9 17 16 > 150

7. Brooklyn Zoo w/6 11 10 18 8 8 16 10 11 9 11 13 12 > 143

8. Cuban Linx w/12 8 7 9 11 9 15 6 12 15 11 15 9 > 139

9. Gert T w/5 6 9 10 6 10 7 14 8 14 18 9 14 > 130

10. alfdogg w/10 18 8 6 9 13 6 7 8 6 8 13 10 > 122

11. Steviekick w/9 9 3 10 7 6 11 11 10 17 4 7 17 > 121

12. AboveAverage484 w/11 5 4 7 16 11 6 8 13 5 12 13 8 > 119

13. EHME w/10 12 14 14 7 5 7 15 4 9 5 10 6 > 118

14. The Great Mazto w/4 13 2 12 5 9 9 11 10 8 6 7 8 > 104

15. Broward83 w/1 17 1 3 5 7 12 5 5 5 3 5 5 > 74

16. Precious Roy w/3 8 4 4 3 3 4 1 12 4 4 > 46

17. naiwf w/4 4 3 3 4 4 3 3 14 3 3 > 44

18. KOAB w/2 1 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 1 2 > 18

18. Czech w/1 2 2 1 1 1 2 4 1 2 1 > 18

MFerXtreme87

PG-Jason Kidd

SG-Michael Jordan

SF-Carmelo Anthony

PF/C-Amare Stoudemire

C/PF-Bill Walton

Coach-Dick Motta

6th man/main bench players:

SF-Bobby Jones (6th man)

PG-Sam Cassell

SG/SF-Michael Finley

PF/C-Ben Wallace

Other bench/situational players:

SG-Jeff Hornacek

C-Mark Eaton

PF/C-Mehmet Okur

I wanted to have a team that played good, solid defense (which Motta preaches) but was also capable of scoring at a high level. Obviously, Jordan’s gonna be the main guy, and I picked players around him that would fill a variety of different roles. The trio of Jordan, ‘Melo, and Amare in my starting lineup will be hell to deal when they‘re on offense, especially with a PG like Kidd distributing the ball. Having Bobby Jones as my 6th man is perfect because he’s comfortable in that role, will add more of a defensive presence, and still be very efficient on the offensive end. 'Melo and Amare aren't known for their D, but most of my bench players will come in for them and play great on that end of the floor. Finley will be my main scorer off the bench. I’ve also got a good amount of 3-pt shooters coming off the bench (Finley, Hornacek, Okur). My frontcourt will be very flexible, as Stoudemire, Walton, Wallace, and Okur (if I’m playing a small lineup) can all play PF or C. This team will be more up-tempo and allow for isolations to feature guys like Jordan and ‘Melo. Defense will mainly be man-to-man, with an emphasis on great help defense.

------------

PG: Magic Johnson, Byron Scott

SG: Byron Scott, David Thompson, Allan Houston, Latrell Spreewell

SF: James Worthy, Glen Rice, Latrell Spreewell

PF: Kevin McHale, Tom Chambers, Elden Campbell

C: Bob Lanier, Bill Cartwright, Elden Campbell

Coach: Pat Riley

That's just a depth chart, though. Ideally, as soon as a few starters need to exit, we're going to go small and really try to push the tempo. Houston is going to be used in mostly early foul trouble situations in which we can't just ditch the starting lineup. But we want to push the tempo. We can always go to pick and roll with Magic and Chambers too. I think it would work very well.

Thompson will always be first man in off the bench. In clutch situations we'll try to keep the ball in Magic, Worthy, or McHale's hands. Defensively I obviously have a team that matches up with large guys. So we'll play super physical, focus on the glass, and have Scott guard point. Priority is on getting rebounds and starting the break.

------------

Vitamin X

Center- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Power Forward- Shawn Kemp

Small Forward- Dominique Wilkins

Shooting Guard- Reggie Miller

Point Guard- Lenny Wilkens

Off the Bench:

Guard- Mookie Blaylock, Steve Kerr, Tony Parker, Eddie Jones (swing)

Forward- Jamal Mashburn, Glenn Robinson, Bruce Bowen (swing)

Larry Brown preached team chemistry, fundamentals, and defense. On a team full of veterans and all-stars, Brown will be kept happy and can use his full rotation- something he failed to do in his worst coaching stints. Wilkens leads the set-up, and with Mookie, Kerr, Parker, and to a certain extent, Eddie Jones, I aim to have mostly outside/perimeter shooting and having the guys set-up the plays rather than create them on their own. The ability to create the plays is left up mostly to Kareem and Reggie (think Shaq/Kobe or Pippen/Jordan or Parish/Bird, but without the egos) while they can also play incredible defense. Kemp and Wilkins both can bang it inside for jaw-dropping dunks, and also were beasts inside in their heyday. I purposely put a lot of depth in my guard rotation because with Jones, Bowen, and even Reggie as good swingmen, I can insert a couple of them and barely miss a beat, depending on whether I need offense or defense. When I need to go big and clamp down on defense while resting starters, I could go:

C- Shawn Kemp (or Kareem)

PF- Dominique Wilkins (or Mash)

SF- Bruce Bowen (or Robinson)

SG- Eddie Jones (or Bowen)

PG- Mookie Blaylock (or Parker)

Bowen, Jones, and Blaylock would completely lock down any perimeter attack, and Kemp and Wilkins can hold their own inside and generate some offense to keep up the lead. Conversely, if they need to be rested, I could throw in Kareem at center, then bring in Mashburn and Robinson who, while not as prolific defensively (although Mash was pretty darn good off the boards), can generate some offense as well. Jones is an excellent two-way player, and Bowen, while he may be considered by many to be a dirty player, was and still is to an extent an extremely effective defender, while also showing the ability to hit 3's when necessary. There are a variety of plays that could be done, but primarily I went for the best post players combined with aggressive perimeter defense who could set-up the big play on the other end, hopefully with some awesome fastbreak dunks provided by Kemp and Wilkins- Larry Brown might love it enough to stick around for a few years longer than normal.

------------

CanadianChris

Starting lineup:

C: Wilt Chamberlain

PF: Elvin Hayes

SF: Billy Cunningham

SG: Dennis Johnson

PG: Clyde Frazier

Reserves:

6th man - Manu Ginobili

PG - Gus Williams

PF - Maurice Lucas

SF - Anthony Mason

Shooter - Kenny Smith

Depth guys - Dan Roundfield, Swen Nater

On offense: Soooo many options here. Frazier is exceptional at all facets of the offensive game -- passing, ball-handling, shooting. Depending on the personnel, we could run a 1-4 offense with Frazier driving to the hoop and seeing what the defense gives him. This would work better with Ginobili in the game, as he's a better shooter than Johnson. We could run pick and rolls with Frazier and Wilt or Hayes. Or, we could do the obvious thing -- get it to Wilt in the low post and let him do his thing, depending on who's defending him. With so many legitimate scoring threats, it will be very hard for the defense to double anyone, and Wilt can just abuse almost anyone man-to-man. If a double-team does come, Wilt is very good at finding the open man, as he was near the top of the league in assists consistently during his prime. And, with so many good rebounders, we figure to get a lot of extra possessions off of missed FG attempts. In crunch time, the offense would run through Frazier, trying to get to the rim or find his bigs for easy baskets. Running it through Wilt could be a bit risky with his poor free-throw shooting.

On defense: Almost everyone on the team is a standout defensively. We want to pressure the ball-handlers, deny the ball in to the post, deny penetration, and above all else, limit the opponents to one shot per possession. If you can beat us from the outside, congratulations. Our defensive philosophy is to not allow anyone to beat us inside, and use our excellent rebounders to clean up any misses from the outside.

Rotation: We're looking at a nine or ten-man rotation, for the most part. Ginobili will be the sixth man, coming in for either Cunningham (to provide better defense) or DJ (for better shooting). Gus Williams will be the backup point guard, and will give us a different look offensively with his quickness and slashing ability. He is the perfect guy to run a 1-4 when he's on the floor. Lucas and Mason will be the backup forwards. Depending on who's on the floor for the opponents, we have the ability to go small with Hayes at center, and and some combination of Lucas, Mason and Cunningham at the forwards. Kenny Smith will be our go-to guy when we need outside shooting. Roundfield and Nader will be the end-of-the-bench guys who can come in and contribute when needed.

------------

Cuban_Linx

PG- Oscar Robertson, Muggsy Bogues

SG- Joe Dumars, Bill Sharman, Brandon Roy

SF- John Havlicek, Detlef Schremph

PF- Dennis Rodman, George McGinnis, Antawn Jamison

C- George Mikan, Ralph Sampson

Pretty much the Oscar Robertson show. Running a half-court offense the game plan is mostly Oscar looking to post up the opposition PG, either creating his own shot or drawing a double team, before getting the ball to Mikan at the basket or Joe Dumars/John Havlicek for an open perimeter/mid-range shot, with Dennis Rodman's focus being offensive rebounds and the occasional dunk when left open.

George McGinnis is the first player off the bench, replacing Rodman at PF when more offense is needed, giving the team someone that can attack the basket to compliment the rest of the team being primarily shooters/post up players. Mugsy Bogues brings the occasional bursts of up-tempo offense from the bench, taking over the playmaking and letting Oscar move to SG and focus 100% on scoring. Mikan/Ralph Sampson share time evenly, with Mikan providing stronger post scoring and Sampson offering more range and passing skills. With the starters all being high 30's/40 minute players Bill Sharman and Detlef Schremph will only get brief minutes giving the starters a rest or filling in when foul trouble arises, with Antawn Jamison and Brandon Roy filling the roles of bench cheerleaders.

Defensively four of the five the starters are among the best ever at their positions and can handle almost any opponent one-on-one, with only Sampson replacing Mikan to deal with 7 footers.

------------

AboveAverage484

PF: Bob Pettit

SF: Marques Johnson

C: Bill Russell

SG: Allen Iverson

PG: Dave Bing

Bench:

C: Bob McAdoo

G: Hal Greer

G: Paul Westphal

G: Gail Goodrich

F: Truck Robinson

F/C: Maurice Stokes

F: Gus Johnson

Coach: Don Nelson

Emphasis on fast breaking/high scoring offense; "Nellie Ball". Russell, arguably the greatest rebounder of all-time as well as a superb on court leader, will gobble up the boards and initiate the break by dishing to one of three players in my starting lineup with the ability to bring the ball up the court: Bing, Iverson, or point-forward Marques Johnson. Westphal and Goodrich are also capable of coming off of the bench and taking over the point, although like the Chicago Bulls of '96-'98, my team won't possess a "true" point guard, other than maybe Bing.

Pettit can clean up the boards that Russell doesn't get as well as pour in the points. Iverson and Bing are both high scoring guards and dependable ball handlers, with Bing doing the majority of the ball handling. Questions could arise concerning Iverson, although he is more comfortable in the 2-guard spot, and doesn't have a problem sharing the scoring load as evidenced by the past two seasons with Anthony. His shooting percentage may be questionable, but with so many strong rebounders on the team, the potential for offensive rebounding is strong.

McAdoo provides scoring and size coming off the bench, and also provides match up problems for other centers with his excellent outside shooting. Greer brings a solid, dependable all-around game off of the bench, and Westphal and Goodrich can contribute with scoring or dishing inside to Pettit or McAdoo. Although the emphasis will be on up tempo scoring and fast breaking, defense won't be lacking on my squad. Russell is the most formidable defender in NBA history, shutting down drives and crashing the boards in the middle. I also have five other excellent rebounders in addition to Bill; Pettit, McAdoo, Truck Robinson, Stokes, and Gus Johnson. Truck and Gus will provide inside muscle, rebounding, and tough defense when they come in to spell Pettit or Marques. Stokes was the type of player who had the ability to comfortably play both forward positions in addition to center, and could score, rebound, and pass.

Additional pimping: More MVP awards than any other squad with nine awards among four players. (Next closest is VX with 6, all from Jabbar, and MFER with 6, 5 from Jordan) More 50 greatest players at six (next closest at 4), eleven more All-NBA selections than the next closest team (57-46), fourteen more All-Star selections than the next nearest team (79-65). I'm also in the top five in scoring (4th out of 19) and rebounding (2nd out of 19). I'm middle of the pack in assists (9th), but I have many players on my team capable of creating their own shots (esp. Pettit, Iverson, and McAdoo) and I have many players who are capable of finding the open man if the opportunity arises (Iverson, Bing, Goodrich, Westphal, Greer, and Stokes all averaged 5 plus assists a game)

------------

Brooklyn Zoo

Jo Jo White - Floor General, Guard Defender, 3 Point Shooter

Rick Barry - Shooter, Scorer, 3 Point Shooter

LeBron James - Playmaker, Scorer

Karl Malone - Low Post Scorer, Rebounder, Low Post Defender

Dave Cowens - Low Post Defender, Rebounder

Spencer Haywood - Scorer, Rebounder

Chauncey Billups - Floor General, Guard Defender, 3 Point Shooter

Jamaal Wilkes - All-Around

Lamar Odom - All-Around

Andrei Kirilenko - All-Around

Larry Nance - Shotblocker, Scorer, Defender

Vin Baker - Low Post Scorer

My team, coached by Red Holzman will emphasize team play, with good passing, and defense. Everyone in my starting lineup is a good passer, and coming off the bench we have Billups and Odom to continue to run the offense. Karl Malone will take care of the low post. Dave Cowens will do all the dirty work and play D on the opposing team's best big man. To start the game, Jo Jo White will run the offense, but it can alternate between he and LeBron James. Rick Barry will be our shooter. LeBron James will get everyone going before taking things into his own hands late in the game. Off the bench, Larry Nance and Spencer Haywood will be our scoring bigs. Nance can also play some tough D. Kirilenko will help out on defense and will be inserted to help move the ball around and be a help defender. Billups will be our backup PG, and will continue to run the offense, and Wilkes is our first swingman off the bench. Vin Baker will get in if anyone else gets in foul trouble, and we need some quick buckets. On defense, we'll play some team defense with Cowens and Malone being our anchors in the low post. LeBron can be a pretty good defender, and he'll get help from the bigs. Rick Barry is a smart defender, and a good team defender, and Jo Jo White just has to stay in front of the opposing point guard. We'll be damn good on offense (LeBron James and Karl Malone can play the pick and roll, and everyone can run the court. Rick Barry can score from anywhere on the court, and Jo Jo White is a great 4th or 5th option. Cowens is a very good passer himself. We can run the offense through any of the five players, which makes us dangerous) and we'll play some tough team defense on the other end. Our big lineup would be: LeBron James, Jamaal Wilkes, Larry Nance, Karl Malone, and Dave Cowens. Our quick lineup would be: Chauncey Billups, Jo Jo White, Rick Barry, LeBron James, and Dave Cowens.

------------

TheOriginalOrangeGoblin

C – Nate Thurmond

PF – Tim Duncan

SF – Clyde Drexler

SG – Ray Allen

PG – Tiny Archibald

Bench:

6. Mark Aguirre

7. Charles Oakley

8. Michael Ray Richardson

9. Rik Smits

10. Kevin Willis

11. Dan Majerle

12. Reggie Theus

Coach: George Karl

Defensive Line-Up: PG – Richardson, SG – Drexler, SF – Oakley, PF – Duncan, C – Thurmond

Big Line-Up: PG – Richardson, SG – Drexler, SF – Oakley, PF – Duncan, C - Willis

Small Line-Up: PG – Allen, SG – Aguirre, SF – Majerle, PF – Drexler, C – Duncan

Fast Break Line-Up: PG – Archibald, SG – Drexler, SF – Aguirre, PF – Duncan, C – Smits

The motto of my team will be “defense breeds offense”. Drexler will be assigned the opposing team’s top scorer (unless it’s a big man, in which case Duncan will get the assignment). Thurmond will control the paint and dominate down low with Duncan providing help when necessary. Allen and Archibald’s assignments will change on a per game basis with Allen getting the superior of the two remaning players. A lot of offense (from the starting unit) will come from fast breaks with Duncan or Thurmond getting rebounds and using outlet passes to give Archibald, Allen and Drexler easy baskets. The half-court offense will work through Duncan with Allen as the shooter and Archibald primarily used for his driving ability and his playmaking. The dynamic between Duncan and Archibald will be similar to the dynamic between Duncan and Parker right now. Drexler will be Mr. Everything (while splitting his time between primarily SG and SF although now and then he can play either PG or PF as well), capable of being a spot shooter, driving to the rim and drawing fouls as well as running the point and creating offense. This is a strictly pass first team. None of my starters will play insane minutes with Duncan and Drexler playing around 35 and everyone else rarely exceeding 30.

My 6th man is Mark Aguirre as he will come in whenever I need offense off the bench and use his explosiveness to drive to the basket and draw fouls. I will try to not have Archibald and Aguirre on the court together very often as they are similar players, instead I will be using Richardson quite often. He will come in for his defense and size and to balance the offense when Aguirre is on the floor. Only against a team that runs a lot will Archibald and Aguirre play together for a lengthy amount of time. Oakley will be my Mr. Everything off the bench as he will come in for his grit, rebounding and, especially his defense. Oakley will split his time between power and small forward depending how big I want to go with my line up. If I’m up against a very strong rebounding team I will use Oakley as my primary small forward and pair him up with a combination of Duncan, Willis and Thurmond. Smits and Majerle will come in solely for offense when I want to open it up and either run or shoot excessively. During these situations I will have Richardson or Allen run the point. With Oakley, Duncan, Thurmond, Richardson and Drexler (5 elite defenders), it ensures me that I will always have a solid defensive presence on the court even when I go small or switch to a more offensive game plan. Theus will not see much game time, primarily if one of my main guards gets injured or is struggling. Aguirre, Richardson and Oakley will each get over 20 minutes off the bench, either Willis or Smits will get between 15-20 (depending on the flow of the game), Majerle and Theus won’t eclipse 10 minutes more often than not although most of Majerle’s minutes will be at crunch time (due to his shooting ability). George Karl's job will be not to fuck up and to play nice with referees to draw fouls.

------------

Gert T

PG: Gary Payton

SG: Dwyane Wade

SF: Alex English

PF: Dirk Nowitzki

C: Hakeem Olajuwon

Top Reserves:

Wes Unseld (situational starter)

Dale Ellis

Jermaine O'Neal

Only to Spell Starters:

Paul Arizin

Fat Lever

Grab Some Boards, Use Your Fouls:

Otis Thorpe

Make a 3, play 3 minutes a game:

Jason Kapono

My top reserve will be Wes Unseld, who will alternate starting with Dirk depending on the matchup. Dale Ellis will come in usually when Unseld comes in, to have another 3 pt. shooter. Fat Lever will spell Payton minimally. Unseld will also come in for Olajuwon. When Unseld plays Center, Jermaine O'Neal will play power forward since Unseld is not the greatest low-post scorer. Otis Thorpe will be used very little, but will provide defense against big men. Arizin will play few minutes at SF and Jason Kapono will ONLY play the last 2 minutes of first half and second half in situations where we'll need a 3 pointer. D-Wade to drive to the hoop, and look for Dale Ellis or Kapono for the 3.

------------

Jorge Gorgeous

PG- Maurice Cheeks

SG- George Gervin

SF- Tracy McGrady

PF- Dave DeBusschere

C- Shaquille O'Neal

6- Vince Carter (SG/SF)

7- Horace Grant (PF)

8- Pau Gasol (PF/C)

9- Mark Jackson (PG)

10- Josh Smith (SF)

11- Elmore Smith ©

12- Kevin Duckworth ©

Coach: Phil Jackson

The team will be running the triangle offense to open up scoring opportunities from the wings and the post. Mo Cheeks, a smart, pass-first PG will distribute the ball to a slashing George Gervin or Tracy McGrady, or let either of them get open for the mid-range jump-shot. For a change of pace, we can toss it in to Shaq, the most physically dominant low-post player we've ever seen, and let him work his magic (Kazzam) inside.

Of the defensive end, you've got DeBusschere anchoring the whole show. Reknowned for his defense, he'll bring everyone up on the defensive end, and let Shaq come over from the off the ball to get some swats. Gervin, Cheeks and McGrady are solid, reliable defenders who aren't going to give up mistake baskets. Off the bench for the defense, the combination of Josh and Elmore Smith will keep any haphazardly hoisted shot far, far away from the rim.

Coming off the bench, Vince Carter is truly more of 6th starter, running a rotation with T-Mac and Gervin at the 2 and 3. The presence of his cousin, and of zen wonder-coach Phil Jackson, should keep Vince (and everyone) playing hard. Anyone worried about chemistry should consider that Phil Jackson brought Kobe, Shaq, Malone and Payton to the finals... think about that.

------------

Steviekick

PG: Hardaway* - Williams - Arenas

SG: Erving* - Petrovic - Iguodala

SF: Dantley* - Artest

PF: Malone* - McDyess

C: Gilmore* - Brown

*starter

My roster has a lot of flexibility. All of my wing players can play both the SG and SF positions. Artest is my key sixth man, due to him being so good on both ends of the court.

OFFENSIVE OVERVIEW

The transition is a major component of their offense. They can run out hard and push the ball. Erving and Dantley can get their own shot and handle the ball. They are also ridiculous finishers.

In the half court offense, Gilmore and Malone will get down low and try to post up as much as possible. The two of them are two of the most efficient post up scorers in league history (Gilmore has the highest career FG%). Also, both are good free throw shooters as well as finishers so there will be plenty of +1 opportunities. Coming off the bench, McDyess is an explosive scorer.

Hardaway is a strong floor general and can run the offense. Williams and Arenas can both provide some great backup at the point. Erving, Dantley and Petrovic are all great ball handlers and can make plays for the rest of the team. My PGs and Petrovic are also going to provide plenty of outside shooting opportunities. My bigs will set some physical screens and picks to free up the shooters.

Erving/Dantley will be cutting to the basket, running off screens. Quite frankly, I'm not sure who would be the go to player; Erving, Dantley, Malone and Gilmore are all prolific scorers and can get the job done. I'd lean towards Erving because he's the best ball handler in the group.

My team is also a bunch of strong offensive rebounders, so there will be many second shot attempts, whether they be the bigs posting up again or kicking it out to my mid range/3 pt. shooters. As a team, they will have a high field goal percentage due to success of their inside game along with their fine outside shooting.

DEFENSIVE OVERVIEW

My team is a strong, physical defensive team. Everyone (save for Petrovic and Arenas) are good 1-1 defenders. There the kind of players who take pride in stopping their assigned opponent. The defense will be intense and looking to disrupt the other team. As a team, they will rely on Malone and Gilmore controlling the paint. They are both superb defenders and rebounders, and Gilmore will be a wicked shot blocker who can provide some great help defense. Hardaway /Erving/Dantley have quick hands, creating deflections, steals and turnovers. This is really important because this Auerbach run team will be trying to run as much as possible.

The bench helps, too. Brown comes in and provides some defense at the 4/5. Iguodala can get steals and perimeter defense. McDyess can provide some rebounding help and Artest can be a lockdown defender against three positions. Williams and Arenas are both big bodied point guards which will bother some smaller point guards.

Defensively, the goal is to stay with your man, lots of defensive pressure, steals, blocks, grab the rebound and get the team set up again for the fast break.

------------

The Great Mazto

PG- John Stockton

SG- Reggie Lewis

SF- Bernard King

PF- Chris Webber

C- Patrick Ewing

6th man – Rip Hamilton/Connie Hawkins

The Sin City Saints will run a solid half-court offense (i.e. Pick and Roll with Stockton and Ewing or Webber until you die), but be able to murder people in transition with John Stockton or Baron off the bench leading the way picking the poison from King on the wing or a cutting Webber or trailing Ewing going to the hole. Execution will be everything, and the guys on the floor can do it, under the guidance of coach Frank Layden ©.

The 6th Man is Richard Hamilton, but often times Connie and Rip will enter the game at the same time or within short time of one another alternating who goes in first depending on the match ups so they are like co-6th Men. With Stockton setting screens underneath for Rip or Chris to get short mid-range jumpers off or they’ll be able to hit a slashing Hawk going to the rim with that extra pass the Starter II squad will be able to take advantage of most match ups.

Baron will spell Stockton next, with Vlade coming in for Ewing making everyone on the floor a jumpshot threat, but with the added advantage that they can all reasonably crash the boards for put backs or second chance points. Peja will be used off the bench if we need to spread the floor a little more, or for an additional kick out option with DC in the game as the pick and roll banger. Thurl will be used for a little extra length on D, and for the awesome call of “T for Two” on offense as he is big for a small forward.

If the situation warrants it, a full on small ball run and gun team of Stockton/Baron as the back court and Bernard/Webber/Coleman as the front can be used to try and speed up the tempo of the game, but will be used sparingly.

------------

alfdogg

C: Dikembe Mutombo

PF: Charles Barkley

SF: Michael Cooper

SG: Jerry West

PG: Steve Nash

My team will be running the Princeton offense, which relies heavily on passing and outside shooting.

Barkley is a very good passer for his position, averaging over 5 assists a game in his prime, and if needed can step out and make the 3. At first glance, Mutombo may seem an odd fit for the offense, but keep in mind Adelman institutes the same offense for the Rockets, where Mutombo was solid filling in for Yao Ming. And this isn't exactly Ben Wallace out here, Mutombo in his prime averaged around 16 ppg. I figure Cooper to be the equivalent of what Doug Christie was for the Adelman-coached Kings who ran the same offense. Three guys who are big-time clutch threats in Barkley, West and Nash, plus Price, Toney and Kukoc off the bench who can also kill you when the game's on the line. Nash is a big liability on defense, but then you have Mutombo waiting for you at the hoop, as well as Robinson and Prince who also excel at blocking shots. I figure Prince could do some spot duty at PF if we go to a smaller lineup, as he's a very good all-around defender and has some nice post moves, in addition to his ability to spread the floor. Several lineup possibilities here:

C: Mutombo, Sikma, Robinson

PF: Barkley, Sikma, Kukoc, Prince, Robinson

SF: Cooper, West, Kukoc, Prince, Johnson

SG: West, Cooper, Toney, Johnson

PG: Nash, Price, Johnson

Mutombo aside, I feel like no matter what five guys we throw out there, you would have to think twice about cheating off of anyone. Also of note, every single person (including Coach Adelman) on the roster has played in at least the Conference Finals, and only Nash, Price and Johnson have failed to reach the NBA Finals. My team has a total of 12 championship rings and 32 NBA Finals appearances.

------------

Broward83

C - Robert Parish

PG - "Pistol" Pete Maravich

SG - Earl "The Pearl" Monroe

SF - Robert Horry

PF - Elton Brand

Bench:

PG - Calvin Murphy

C - Bill Laimbeer

SF - Luol Deng

PF - Nene

SG - Vernon Maxwell

PG - Steve Francis

The starting five I feel is pretty solid, you've got a guy in Parish that can be dominant in receiving the ball and putting up a good shot. Pete and Earl both can distribute the ball and work around whatever defense is thrown their way as they've got a guy like Horry waiting in the wings to drain any open shot he's given. Elton with a nice mid-range jumper can float around and be a link between passes or he can crash the boards to pick up any loose ball.

Defensively.. the team is a bit weak. D'Antoni's NBA style of the "Run-n-Gun" offense has the team playing Defense by way of offensively out-running the other team and tiring them down thru out the course of a game. Parish would sit in the lane and challenge anyone who came his way with support from Elton.

The bench has a great PG in Murphy and an overlooked star in Francis. Steve's lack of turnovers will aide the team in running down the court while Murphy's all around game will fit in nicely with D'Antoni's style. Laimbeer is a physical sub for Parish when he gets into foul trouble or needs a breather. His toughness and willingness to give a hard foul will serve notice to any small guy trying to make a quick basket.

Deng and Nene are suitable replacements for Horry and Brand when they tire and while Deng doesn't have the 3pt range of Horry, Francis would easily make up for that. Maxwell is a bit of a reach, but he's a clutch 3pt shooter that also gives us a spark of energy off the bench while not dropping off offensively.

Overall, its a team that's loaded up on Offense while playing marginal D.

------------

James Thompson's Cauliflower Ear

C - Alonzo Mourning

PF - Kevin Garnett

SF - Sidney Moncrief

SG - Paul Pierce

PG - Isiah Thomas

Bench:

SG - John Starks

PF - Larry Johnson

C - Marcus Camby

PG - Rod Strickland

PG/SG - Nick Van Excel

SF - Shareef Abdur-Rahim

C- Tree Rollins

Head Coach: Chuck Daly

SCOUTING REPORT: I personally believe I have the best defensive team in this whole draft. I have 4 defensive player of the year award winners on my roster. Except for Camby, all the defensive players can score really well. I wont have to worry about big egos, because I believe the starting 5 on my team are not egotistical players. As well I have Chuck Daly reuniting with the man whom won him 2 championships with Isiah Thomas, who will be bascially running the offensive portion of my team. So proven great chemistry with my all-star Point Guard and a great basketball mind like Chuck Daly really makes my team look great on paper. Overall, I'm very happy how my draft turned out, and believe my team is a top 3 team after the draft.

Edited by Brooklyn Zoo

Guest Vitamin X

^

What he said. My bottom four revealed!:

16. naiwf

17. Precious Roy

18. KOAB

19. Czech

This came together pretty well, incompleters aside. There are 3-4 teams on here that are absolute killers. I love Cuban Linx's setup, especially the decision to have Mikan/Sampson rotate rather than split C/PF duties.

This was really hard. I made a tentative ranking list last night, then got on tonight and ended up changing every team I had ranked from 6-13.

This was really hard. I made a tentative ranking list last night, then got on tonight and ended up changing every team I had ranked from 6-13.

I agree. There were very few teams I truly did not think would work well together.

I just tossed them out there really since there was little difference between teams 6-13 in my opinion. So while I drudged out a ranking, it's all pretty damn close. I wouldn't be surprised if the winner only gets it by a couple of points here and there.

I tried to get it done before I leave on vacation (early tomorrow), but I wanted to put some thought into it, so I didn't get the rankings finished. Will it be cool if I submit them sometime around now next week?

Well, that was difficult. With so many good teams i feel like i've shortchanged a lot of them ranking them so low, outside my top 2 i could easily shuffle everyone else up or down a bunch of positions and be happy with the result.

I finally got around to doing these rankings. I had a hard enough time picking my top 5, let alone 6-13.

Sorry I've neglected this so far, I was out of town and was struck down by allergies and a sinus infection upon my return. With that said, I'll try and have my votes in within the next couple of days.

I can do the simluation but let's keep it to, at most, a best of 5 series since I don't have enough free time to run through tons of best of 7's and post results/stats here. That work for people?

That's cool, we were doing the seeds by the final vote rankings, right?