TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Many guys released

According to WWE.com Stevie Richards, The Highlanders, and some referee have been future endeavored.

Also Colin Delaney and Cherry

here is the full report...

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstars Stevie Richards and Colin Delaney, Raw tag team Robbie & Rory of The Highlanders, SmackDown Diva Cherry, and WWE referee Wes Adams as of Aug. 15, 2008. WWE wishes them the best in all their future endeavors

from WWE.com

WTF Stevie Richards finally gets released? The world is coming to an end.

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Stevie Richards, Raw tag team Robbie & Rory of The Highlanders, SmackDown Diva Cherry, and WWE referee Wes Adams as of Aug. 15, 2008. WWE wishes them the best in all their future endeavors.

WWE.com

I knew the Highlanders were gone, but Richards instead of Haas, Super Crazy, or Snitsky? That's stupid. I expect Carlito and

Dykstra

(based on Smackdown spoilers) to go next.

EDIT: I guess we were all on wwe.com at the same time.

Really can't say I'll miss Colin Delaney. He was amazing at taking bumps, but that's where all his appeal ended. He looked like a high school kid, and after the heel turn, it's kind of like "what now?".

I really hoped Stevie saved his $$$. I'm shocked he was with WWE for as long as he was. I see him maybe making an occasional ROH or TNA appearance, but I don't really see him in much demand otherwise. He's been jobbed so much over the past decade, he really doesn't have much to offer. However, he was so over as a heel with the RTC in 2000, I think WWE really missed an opportunity to give him a push.

The Highlanders were over as fuck for a short time in 2006, but WWE really dropped the ball by not letting them get a win over the spirit squad, rather passing-on that win to Roddy Piper and Ric Flair.

I don't watch a lot of SD, so I won't really miss Cherry.

Someone want to tell me HOW THE HELL Bob Holly and Ricky Ortiz are still employed? Ortiz sucked just as badly as Braden Walker.

It's horrible that Richards was released. He's always been a favorite of mine. Wes Adams, I didn't even know his name until yesterday when I watched my tape of ECW and they mentioned it.

Watching that ECW tape yesterday, I thought to myself, "Colin's the next to go."

Listening to the Wednesday Wrestling Observer radio show, it seemed Colin's days were numbered. I don't think Dave or Bryan KNEW exactly, but somewhere in there the line "Colin couldn't get over in the role everyone can get over in" was used to explain why he's booked like a bum.

I'm not going to miss Colin much. He really got boring right away for me.

The only thing I can think with Stevie is, he asked for his release so he can heal. I'm going to miss Big Stevie Cool. He was great on the mic, and an awesome worker.

WWE dropped the ball with The Highlanders. They could have been a fun loving face tag team, but that wasn't going to happen once Cryme Time got on tv and became the fan favorites.

Cherry...I don't know who that is as I haven't watch SmackDown in probably close to 3 years.

Refs are expandable now-a-days.

Not Stevie Richards! I thought he was a lifer at this point. Shit. Shit! SHIT!

I was right about WWE getting rid of more ECW Originals.

I guess this makes Tommy Dreamer the sole survivor.

Not Stevie Richards! I thought he was a lifer at this point. Shit. Shit! SHIT!

I was right about WWE getting rid of more ECW Originals.

I guess this makes Tommy Dreamer the sole survivor.

Super Crazy.

I can't believe Stevie got released. Didn't he have an office job too in the company? Colin Delaney isn't surprising at all because the dude just looks like a jobber, and that was also his gimmick. I thought it was funny that WWE turned him heel though since when I was watching the GAB, and when Dreamer's match came on, I thought "What if Colin Delaney did a heel turn?" Of course, I was only joking, but WWE did it anyway.

Stevie should have went back to wearing the jean/short cutoffs and at worst could have been the lovable jobber. Delaney had a nice run, but he was just to physically unimposing, and while that got him hired, it also got him fired. Highlanders were handled horribly, but Rory got really depressed when his girl left him and got fat and still seems unmotivated. Robbie was screwed over the moment he was seen on TNA programming. Cherry, for being a wrestler first, wasn't that good in the ring, and was sort of bland. I did think they could have did a "Grease/Sandy Olsson" makeover gimmick with her. Cherry was on the wrong side of 30yo as well, which probably worked against her.

That's the ref that fucked up on the finish of the ECW main event on Tuesday, Right?

Yeah.

I would just like to note that I'm appalled at the Wes Adams WWE firing. The finish of the ECW match on Tuesday was 100 percent Miz's fault as he was supposed to break up the pinfall and forgot. By the time Morrison figured out Miz wasn't there, it was too late. Adams was in a no-win situation, as he either had to count the pin because Morrison didn't kick out or he had to hold up his count and bring the match to a screeching halt. Personally I think he made the right decision as someone who was always told that as a referee you should officiate as if it's a shoot, and if someone doesn't get their shoulder up, too bad. In fact, that's been the WWE directive for ages.

I think he made the right decision as someone who was always told that as a referee you should officiate as if it's a

To add to that, they started to emphasise that over the last six months too.

Poor Adams.

Who can else remembers Jim Brunzell's comeback run in late '92/early '93? The most notable part being the time where he appeared as a jobber on RAW and as one of the "legends" at the first WCW Slamboree in the same month.

He also had a pretty good match on Wrestling Challenge with Shawn Michaels. It was treated as a 'feature' match too and went for probably 10 minutes.

Man, I really feel sorry for that referee, since he lost his job due to the fucking Miz. Words wouldn't describe how angry I would feel over that. Since Miz is the one who fucked up, shouldn't he be released then?

I like how people are blaming The Miz, just because of a report that he missed his mark. Maybe there is more to it then that. Maybe, since none of us are backstage, there was something going on behind the scenes that caused the release. Not sticking up for The Miz, but you can't blame someone if you don't know what goes on in the company.

Why should anyone be released? It was a simple missed cue, these things happen. Watching that match live I thought Morrison was injured and thus the finish looked strange.

Woah- color me surprised by the Colin Delaney and Stevie Richards releases. Especially the latter. I thought Stevie was on his way to becoming a lifer.

Seriously. Why release Stevie after ALL this time? Crazy. I can't believe he's finally gone after surviving so many of the previous roster cuts.