Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 8/25 - 8/31

A TWIB poll.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger cunt?

• A.J. Pierzynski
    • A whale's vagina

More like kudos to the Phillies bullpen. I'm thankful so far this Cubs team can hit mistake pitches. Cause the Phillies throw a lot of mistake pitches up there in two games. Two big late inning wins though, that's a good sign.

The Jays traded Matt Stairs to the Phillies and called up Travis Snider. I'm not sure I understand bringing up Snider this early, but whatever.

Dammit! I had planned all day to post that clip from Raw last year in which Maria tells Santino, in Philly, that Steve Austin is coming.

Matt Stairs looks like Steve Austin. He also comes to the plate to his theme, presumably because he looks so much like him.

Edit: 1:33 am? I had lollygagged a bit instead of posting, but damn!

It's nice to see them keeping the pressure on Milwaukee. That they play each other in two more series before the season's over probably means the Cubs won't be able to blow one or both of them off, but the sooner they can give Harden a start or two off and get the likes of Sean Marshall and Jon Lieber into the rotation, the better.

Guest WhackingCockDick

Ryan Braun's all like "fuck your pressure, I'm playing against the Pittsburgh Pirates" but now Gorzelanny is pitching well and the Brewers keep making errors.

Quite the meltdown for Kevin Gregg. Not that I'm complaining.

Edit: And the Mets almost piss away the stunning comeback. Christ almighty.

I have the feeling that the Mets will stumble their way into the playoffs one blown save at a time, and then the bullpen will be great while the starters suck and we lose to either the Brewers in the NLDS or the Cubs in the NLCS.

The Brewers aren't exactly running great relievers out there either.

Salomon Torres has been quite solid, but everyone else has been a roller coaster ride over the season, more or less.

Oh, and I have to pimp Ryan Braun again...after his homer last night, they showed a graphic, and he's like fifth all time of all MLB players with the most home runs in his first two seasons. He's like one or two behind Pujols at this point. Dimaggio is number one with 75, I think.

Anyway, I think Brewers fans are starting to figure we can't catch the Cubs at this point, and we just have to focus on securing the Wild Card, which is fine with me at this point.

Guest WhackingCockDick

At this point, I can see why Van Halen changed the name of the song.

Guest Smues

Tampa Bay currently has the best record in the America League, and it's almost September. I don't know what universe I've stepped into, but I kind of like it.

Anyway, I think Brewers fans are starting to figure we can't catch the Cubs at this point, and we just have to focus on securing the Wild Card, which is fine with me at this point.

I never understood this. The object of either race is to win as many games as possible. Does that change depending on what you're chasing?

It's still early, but the Rocco Baldelli comeback seems to be going about as well as it possibly could. I really thought before after that press conference at the beginning of the season that he may never make it back. I know the Rays declined his contract option earlier this year, so if they don't work something out with him before then he could end up being a really good free agency pickup for some team.

It's still early, but the Rocco Baldelli comeback seems to be going about as well as it possibly could. I really thought before after that press conference at the beginning of the season that he may never make it back. I know the Rays declined his contract option earlier this year, so if they don't work something out with him before then he could end up being a really good free agency pickup for some team.

Baldelli is an interesting story. He's apparently made of balsa wood but when he's together, he's a really good player. He could end up like Josh Hamilton or something with a feel good "Player X finally puts it all together" kinda story line. Tampa has really been snakebitten by players like Baldelli and Hamilton.

Cubs are skipping Zambrano today. Given his recent starts and his dead arm status, I'm totally fine with this. I think he and Harden should get some starts off in the next month whenever possible.

So, CC Sabathia just got done pitching what was essentially a complete game no hitter against the Pirates. I say essentially because there was a bunt single that was ruled a hit for the Pirates, when it looked very much like an error on Sabathia (he tried to make a one handed grab and dropped the ball while the batter was not even half way to first). Still a great game either way.