TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2008

Might as well team up London & Palumbo as heels to even things out on that side. There'd be some really fun matches coming out of that. Better than having them sit around doing nothing and/or waiting to get released (grr...).

Jimmy Yang isn't doing anything other then being Kozlov/Khali fodder. Reunite the Dragons with Yang and Noble. They wouldn't need a gimmick change either. If they still cared, Regal and Burchill could also be a full time tag team. Many opportunities wasted. They could easily float 8-10 good teams around the three brands but that seems to be the case every year and they never pull the trigger.

How about Borne/Rey as a tag team title contender?

I'm bout it, so long as they deliver a Misterio vs. Sydal series soon enough. Man, the Cruiserweight Championship would be perfect for Even Bourne, and vice versa. Shame it's not around any more.

Might as well team up London & Palumbo as heels to even things out on that side. There'd be some really fun matches coming out of that. Better than having them sit around doing nothing and/or waiting to get released (grr...).

Jimmy Yang isn't doing anything other then being Kozlov/Khali fodder. Reunite the Dragons with Yang and Noble. They wouldn't need a gimmick change either. If they still cared, Regal and Burchill could also be a full time tag team. Many opportunities wasted. They could easily float 8-10 good teams around the three brands but that seems to be the case every year and they never pull the trigger.

Speaking of the Yung Dragons, wasn't Kaz Hayashi picked up by WWE following the WCW buyout? Wonder whatever happened to him? I thought he was very solid in the ring. I LOVED The Yung Dragons' angle with Ernest Miller in the final days of WCW. Their skits were brilliant.

So where are the WO notes?

I don't know. Where's yours? You want them so much, you buy it. The people who transcribe them for this forum is under no obligation to do so, to ask for them is bad manners.

Yeah, that's pretty rude man.

Where are. Not where's. Where are the notes at?

At the gym I go to, I'm pretty good friends with one of the trainers, and he said when he went to an ROH show years ago, CM Punk was in the main event and tried to do a figure-four leglock 4 times and couldn't do it. Fraud? Or just the opponents fault?

Speaking of the Yung Dragons, wasn't Kaz Hayashi picked up by WWE following the WCW buyout? Wonder whatever happened to him? I thought he was very solid in the ring. I LOVED The Yung Dragons' angle with Ernest Miller in the final days of WCW. Their skits were brilliant.

He was, but knew he'd never make it out of developmental, so he ask to be released so he could go back to Japan to wrestle.

Kaz Hayashi is a regular in All Japan and has been for quite some time now. I believe he is in charge of booking the junior division in AJ but don't quote me on that. He was partners with TAKA for a while too.

Where are. Not where's. Where are the notes at?

Actually, if you REALLY want to get technical, there should be no "at" at the end of that sentence. In other words, where are the notes?

What's you sayings?

A debate over grammar.

*Head explodes*

So where are the WO notes?

I don't know. Where's yours? You want them so much, you buy it. The people who transcribe them for this forum is under no obligation to do so, to ask for them is bad manners.

I got tenure nigga.

Batista is currently frustrated with his position in the company. He had asked for time off around WrestleMania, but with all of the injuries was asked to stay on and he did. Right now he doesn't feel that he will get back to the level he was three-years ago when he feuded with HHH and doing big business. He has talked about Hollywood, but also realizes that his time is running out due to his age. The win over John Cena was supposed to be a vote of confidence from the company. There is talk again that he wants to take a leave of absence, but most feel that he won't because he loves the lifestyle, being a star, the attention, and adulation. It is also felt that if he was younger, say 30; that taking some time off would be no issue, but at his age, he would be losing out on money towards his retirement years.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Batista is currently frustrated with his position in the company. He had asked for time off around WrestleMania, but with all of the injuries was asked to stay on and he did. Right now he doesn't feel that he will get back to the level he was three-years ago when he feuded with HHH and doing big business. He has talked about Hollywood, but also realizes that his time is running out due to his age. The win over John Cena was supposed to be a vote of confidence from the company. There is talk again that he wants to take a leave of absence, but most feel that he won't because he loves the lifestyle, being a star, the attention, and adulation. It is also felt that if he was younger, say 30; that taking some time off would be no issue, but at his age, he would be losing out on money towards his retirement years.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Well, I for one would be all for Batista taking time off, as much time as possible either. I can't stand him. He's so awful in the ring that it hurts me to watch his matches. I mean, isn't the point of doing a sit out power bomb to combo it with a pin?

Funny, I actually like his Batista bomb better than the traditional pinning variation of the sit-out bomb. Well at least when he was doing it more with a snap to it. Lately he's just been awful with it.

I just can't stand to watch him in the ring I suppose. And those 'brutal' shoulders to the mid section when he has his opponent in the corner? amazing. I still can't figure out how in the blue hell he got over. At least Cena is somewhat entertaining to watch in the ring....

Funny, I actually like his Batista bomb better than the traditional pinning variation of the sit-out bomb. Well at least when he was doing it more with a snap to it. Lately he's just been awful with it.

I just can't stand to watch him in the ring I suppose. And those 'brutal' shoulders to the mid section when he has his opponent in the corner? amazing. I still can't figure out how in the blue hell he got over. At least Cena is somewhat entertaining to watch in the ring....

He has the drug-enhanced body to pull off the battering ram gimmick. The problem is he was mostly only over from one program and failed to follow it up. The Taker Wrestlemania program revived him a bit, but he just fell off again.

If the WWE's ratings are anything like our economy, I wonder what Vince's bailout plan will be.

Probably numerous Steve Austin appearances and DX One night only returns.

But seriously, I think the WWE is simply missing compelling storylines. Aside from Jericho and Michaels, I can't really think of a storyline that is even remotely interesting. Any storylines that they do come up with are just axed in a week or two. It doesn't add anything to the matches. The matches are just...matches...and not a lot of people give a fuck about matches that they know are scripted anyway. Viewers watch for the entertainment aspect.

If the WWE's ratings are anything like our economy, I wonder what Vince's bailout plan will be.

Probably numerous Steve Austin appearances and DX One night only returns.

Since WWE went into a PG direction, we'll be seeing Stone Cold guzzling a Pepsi or root beer after giving someone a Stunner.