TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Paul London and Chuck Palumbo Released.

I always thought Palumbo had enough charisma and talent to be a solid mid to upper mid-card player who could be plugged into job in main events when needed IF he was given the right direction and time to let it happen. I thought the same about Val Venis before he basically became a jobber. Everytime Val was starting to elicit a good response whether boo or cheers, they pulled the plug.

London should do fine between the indys, ROH, TNA, Japan, and Mexico.

I agree a hundred percent. I don't know why they didn't just keep Palumbo on Smackdown since he was doing okay there, and Val would be a fine addition to the midcard roster.

Oh well, guess they have to call up the next set of no-talent hacks that will be released in 6 months.

FCW guys are pretty damn good.

SEE WEE why not at least leat them get squashed on the way ouiy, like would it hurt for aplumbo to come out and be like I HATE WOMEN IBEAT THEM

crowde: BOO HISS

then india music kicks up out comes smil\ing KHALI like,

YO I LOVE WOMEN (his interepreter say this) ALL KIND OF WOMEN WHY YOU THINK I HBAVE THE KISS CAM DOUCHERAGGER! (maybe not say that now that WWE is kid friendly, I know when I'm at my house and noy my apartment my parents get PISSED if WWE is racyt, my mom got so mad at the strpi poker incident back in the day on EC fin W)

so KAHLI then powerbombs paulumbo or something, and he dies that way, not just released,so now KAHLI is even more monster

Was London ever seen again after he took a beating from Jericho and Cade?

You could tell how much London cared that particular night, what with hairy legs and SNEAKERS for wrestling boots.

I actually always kinda had a soft spot for Chuck. He wasn't going to be a world beater or anything, but when he'd punch a guy and then shake out his fist. That was a thing of beauty.

He could have been a solid tag guy for a long time, or topping out with a charity IC/US run and I don't think anybody would have been too bent out of shape.

I may be misjudging their respective talents (as London basically hasn't done anything for a couple of years its hard to judge where he stands) but based on RoH work I still think London is a better all round package than both Kendrick and Sydal.

It's a shame his dad isn't someone so he can be on the roster instead of a waste of space like Manu.

Palumbo is very underrated and was great when he was terrorizing McCool and Noble. For a while it was the best thing on SD in spite of her involvement. The momentum there should've allowed him to be used as an upper mid-card JJTS type, which unfortunately didn't happen. But the guy is also 37 and the biker gimmick could only last for so long.

AFAIK London hated Japan, but needed to tour there to supplement his income. Or so I heard from someone here.

What could they really do with Palumbo? There is nothing about him that stands out. Nothing he does stands out. He's the personification of generic

rbazif.jpg

Palumbo's feud with Finlay was awesome, they had some underrated matches on Smackdown!

Shame London never got a singles push

It's The Rockers all over again. The blonde wrestler gets the push, while the black-haired tag partner flounders (except London didn't do drugs like Jannetty).

Palumbo's feud with Finlay was awesome, they had some underrated matches on Smackdown!

Shame London never got a singles push

It's The Rockers all over again. The blonde wrestler gets the push, while the black-haired tag partner flounders (except London didn't do drugs like Jannetty).

Except...London got a singles push in the Cruiserweight division for a while.

And until this year's Rumble, London has something over Kendrick: he was in the Royal Rumble.

...got killed by Snitsky in it too, but still.

I'm shocked London lasted over 5 years in WWE. But he was booked to be a chump from day one (when Brock Lesnar squashed him).

London's ring work is very good. Vince just can't let his childish grudges go. The Vince is dead angle was fucking retarded to begin with, and I'm sure that backstage thing wasn't done live. Why not just retape it and tell London to chill with the goofy grin? WWE missed a golden opportunity to have London tear it up with Bourne a couple times, but what can you do? I hope he goes somewhere else and makes something of himself.

Palumbo is an interesting case. I went to a Smackdown taping in August of last year, and his entrance pop was off the charts. I would even go as far as to say in this Bizzaro crowd, he NEARLY outpopped Batista.

I really liked Paul London and his theme music. It was so uplifting. I'm disappointed he left and I'm quite pissed that Vince let a great worker like London flounder because of ONE smile that could have beeen retaped and that I barely noticed while other fat dicks that nobody cares about like Manu remain on the roster. London is also a very entertaining worker. I didn't care much for Palumbo.

Was it ever confirmed that London was actually in trouble for the smile, or was it just assumed?

If he didn't get in trouble then he should have. Whether intentional or not, he nearly blew that whole segment.

London may have blew the segment, but Benoit went on to murder the angle.

The Vince is dead angle was fucking retarded to begin with, and I'm sure that backstage thing wasn't done live. Why not just retape it and tell London to chill with the goofy grin?

The limo blowing up was pre-taped, but everything before that was done live.

I didn't think Vince held that much of a grudge because a few weeks later, they did a reprise of Vince walking down a wrestler-filled hallway. London was there grinning again. Vince chuckled at him and said, "I'd wipe that grin off your face if I were you."

I dunno, they had wrestlers' high school pix in WWE magazine once, and even in that picture, in his cap and gown, London was making a goofy face. Between that, the death angle smile, and even the whole attitude of the Hooligans (Londrick), he just seems kinda aloof, while Kendrick seems to be more grounded. I'm not surprised he's getting the push, and I think he's doing a damn fine job with it. He also seems more well-rounded as a wrestler than London, kinda like Matt Hardy was to Jeff years and years ago (although I think Jeff has vastly improved and I'm actually a fan now).

Does anyone remember when they tried to do an "I've been screwed!" angle a la Jericho '98 with London after he lost the CW belt? It occurred for a few weeks on Velocity, and I remember him giving an in-ring promo trying to get the audience on his side, and they had no reaction whatsoever. I remember thinking, "Wow, this is bad."

I'll always remember London for getting decapitated on the ring apron in the '05 Rumble (by Snitsky, I think).