TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - February 23, 2009

On SmackDown, an emotional, rage-filled WWE Champion Triple H explained that Randy Orton crossed the line when he delivered an RKO to The Game's wife, Stephanie McMahon. Now, the Cerebral Assassin returns to Raw.

JBL and Shawn Michaels also compete in a #1 Contenders Match to determine who will challenge The Undertaker for his WrestleMania Streak Championship at WrestleMania 25.

How does Kozlov fit into the Taker WM stuff? The spoilers for last week implied that Kozlov wanted to face the winner of HBK/JBL to get an opportunity to face Taker at WM

but this week's spoilers have Kozlov beating Taker

. I didn't see Smackdown last week, so did they actually mention anything about Kozlov/Taker?

WWE.Com has added a triple threat match: CM Punk vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz. The winner gets a Money in the Bank spot at WM25.

I could actually see anyone winning that. If Punk wins, that just means Miz & Morrison likely get a tag match at WM. If Miz wins, I could then see them having Punk vs. Morrison for the IC Title, but if Morrison wins, then he's probably a good bet to actually win MITB.

I'd predict Miz to win, based on the above scenarios, giving us Punk vs. Morrison for the IC Title. If that happens, I just hope they actually give them more time than their previous PPV matches.

As much as I'd like to see Punk in an IC Title match at Mania, I think he's the best guy to win here. Having a former winner in MITB adds a nice element to the whole thing (even though you know they aren't going to win again), and Miz and Morrison should really be in a tag match at Wrestlemania.

According to PWI:

The big rumor going into the HBK/JBL match on tonight's RAW is that Vladamir will interrupt and cause a double DQ match leading to a 4-way Elimination match between HBK, JBL, Kozlov, and Undertaker at WM25.

---

If that happens, it's a fucking shitty decision.

According to PWI:

The big rumor going into the HBK/JBL match on tonight's RAW is that Vladamir will interrupt and cause a double DQ match leading to a 4-way Elimination match between HBK, JBL, Kozlov, and Undertaker at WM25.

---

I've already been kind of disappointed by the two likely main events (barring some really good story development), but this would kill my interest in WM this year.

According to PWI:

---

I actually kinda like it, minus the

Koslov

part. Should be

Big Show

instead.

Yeah, I can understand wanting to give all of those guys something to do at WM, but the whole "will the streak be broken?" angle really requires a singles match. And of that group, HBK is definitely the most attractive candidate. Have Undertaker and Shawn even had any sort of meaningful interaction since early '98?

Yeah, I can understand wanting to give all of those guys something to do at WM, but the whole "will the streak be broken?" angle really requires a singles match. And of that group, HBK is definitely the most attractive candidate. Have those guys even had any sort of meaningful interaction since early '98?

They were the last two and had an extended sequence in the 2007 Rumble.

Yeah, I can understand wanting to give all of those guys something to do at WM, but the whole "will the streak be broken?" angle really requires a singles match. And of that group, HBK is definitely the most attractive candidate. Have those guys even had any sort of meaningful interaction since early '98?

I wouldn't say it requires a singles match, but ya, it does require a match where Taker has to be pinned/submitted for the streak to be over. Hence the elimination rules. Taker eliminates Koslov, HBK eliminates JBL, Taker eliminates HBK. Could be a very entertaining match, actually.

The thing is, a four way elimination kind of gives away that Undertaker is winning. Granted it's usually obvious, but at least with someone like Shawn Michaels one on one, there's a chance of him losing. A four way match? There's no point in wasting the streak that way and the fans would cotton on.

I think they should just put JBL in the MITB match. He's been all about making the big play at WM because it's in his homestate - he could really put over the MITB match by saying that he'll win it and cash it in at WM.

JBL in a ladder match while Punk, Mysterio, Kofi, Bourne, Kendrick, Shelton, and R-Truth are on the roster? No thanks.

Eh, truth be told you don't really need to be a flyer or a high spots type to work well in the match. MITB III had Booker, Orton, Finlay, and Kennedy, four guys who hadn't done ladder matches, and by playing to their strengths it turned out quite well.

They were the last two and had an extended sequence in the 2007 Rumble.

There was also a Michaels/Cena v. Undertaker/Batista tag match main event at No Way Out that year.

Michaels/Undertaker is the one real marquee match they have this year, there's really no doubt that it would generate the most buys of any individual match and get the best response in the arena. Plus, if this is supposed to be a historic Wrestlemania they need a historic match like that to sell it on. I don't believe they'd be stupid enough to ruin the appeal of that match by adding other wrestlers to it.

Punk/Morrison/Miz, I bet that Punk's winning and Miz/Morrison are unifying the belts at Mania. Which is kind of cool, but also too bad because Morrison is amazing in ladder matches.

I think they should just put JBL in the MITB match. He's been all about making the big play at WM because it's in his homestate - he could really put over the MITB match by saying that he'll win it and cash it in at WM.

JBL in a ladder match while Punk, Mysterio, Kofi, Bourne, Kendrick, Shelton, and R-Truth are on the roster? No thanks.

You can't have all high fliers, you need "base" wrestlers that can catch the high fliers. Also JBL could work pretty good hardcore/brawl matches.