TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

WWE SmackDown - March 13, 2009

Given that most of the Storylines on this show likely revolve around things which haven't happened yet on RAW, this taping seems to be exclusively matches, with backstage stuff added in post production.

Edge def Kofi Kingston. Real good match here

Miz and Morrison def The Colons. Bella Twins left with Miz and Morrison after the match

Chavo and Shelton def MVP and R-Truth

Matt Hardy cut a promo in the ring on Jeff. Apparently Matt burned down Jeffs house last year and killed his dog. I couldn't make up something so stupid if I tried. Segment ends with Jeff coming out to confront Matt and attacking him. I assume this sets up their WM match

Melina and Maria def Maryse and Michelle McCool. McCool attacked Maryse after the match

Finlay def The Brian Kendrick to qualify for MITB

Undertaker def Kozlov. This was quite atrocious.

End of show 2

Dark Match #2: Edge def Matt and Jeff Hardy in a triple threat

I'm actually happy to see an Edge/Kofi match just to give that issue some closure.

I always felt before firing Manu, they should have jobbed him and Sim Snuka to Priceless just to put a definitive conclusion to that feud.

Undertaker and Kozlov AGAIN?

So Taker gets his win back, I am guessing, making the win last week completely pointless, as Kozlov would have lost in two straight matches.

I'm thinking that they want to let Taker go over this time in order to put finallity on this thing with Kozlov. That way, they can finally put more focus on Taker/HBK.

I personally hope they do that, because I'm pulling for the Shawn/Taker match at Wrestlemania 25 just to see Taker's WM undefeated streak continue, if you know what I mean.

Michaels/Taker is already confirmed. I don't see why they'd job Taker to Kozlov last week, clean, only for Kozlov to lose clean to Michaels and then to Taker.

Meh, i'll see how it plays out before I judge anything.

Matt Hardy cut a promo in the ring on Jeff. Apparently Matt burned down Jeffs house last year and killed his dog.

Yeah because at that point in time he sure had a lot to be jealous of...his brother being on WWE recognized suspension for failing a drug test and all.

This is the most non-sensical feud ever. A jealous brother who burns the house of his brother who is 2 steps out of a job...and who he aides in winning a World title afterwards...

Matt Hardy cut a promo in the ring on Jeff. Apparently Matt burned down Jeffs house last year and killed his dog

Apparently no one on creative has ever heard of "statue of limitations".

Good for MITB: Punk, Shelton, MVP

Bad for MITB: Henry

Ok for MITB: Finlay, Kane

I wouldn't say it's terrible yet. If the final two are JBL and Koslov rather than two of Rey, Kofi, Bourne, R-Truth, Christian then yes, it's pretty stupid.

Fuck yes for Shelton in MitB. I always look forward to whatever crazy shit he is going to do with a ladder each year. Fucking bullshit to Finlay going over TBK for the MitB.

Matt Hardy cut a promo in the ring on Jeff. Apparently Matt burned down Jeffs house last year and killed his dog. I couldn't make up something so stupid if I tried. Segment ends with Jeff coming out to confront Matt and attacking him. I assume this sets up their WM match

Since you were in attendance could you add a little more detail on this, spman? Other set of spoilers I read indicate that Matt only HINTED at doing this, not flat out admitted so.

This would be another case of just waiting to see how it plays out on TV, but of course most people just bury this without watching how it actually unfolded.

Yeah, the other spoilers I read made it sound like Matt admitted to the fake accidents, not the real ones (which, from a logic standpoint, still lacks but is a bit better).

I think MITB will be pretty good if Kofi and Bourne are the last two in. Not sure where that leaves Kozlov, but he doesn't have to be on the show, right? He could win the pre-show battle royal.

I personally thought Matt and Jeff would be better suited fighting over a Japanese shampoo commercial.

I think MITB will be pretty good if Kofi and Bourne are the last two in. Not sure where that leaves Kozlov, but he doesn't have to be on the show, right? He could win the pre-show battle royal.

Meltzer mentioned on the Monday audio update that Kozlov has several detractors now (I believe based on his poor matches with everyone, and I think the Undertaker match on Friday was the clincher). The fact he has lost twice clean looks to me like they're about done pushing him.

Meltzer mentioned on the Monday audio update that Kozlov has several detractors now (I believe based on his poor matches with everyone, and I think the Undertaker match on Friday was the clincher). The fact he has lost twice clean looks to me like they're about done pushing him.

I would have thought that after he worked with Triple H on weeks of house shows to get ready for PPV and they still had a terrible match, as part of the three-way at Survivor Series, that they'd have thrown in the towel.

I would have thought that after he worked with Triple H on weeks of house shows to get ready for PPV and they still had a terrible match, as part of the three-way at Survivor Series, that they'd have thrown in the towel.

Didn't you hear? They deliberately made it bad.