Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Ok, that Meltzer thread with appearances from Rellik, West, and Tenay is amazing.
  2. It's funny how a company so well known for ignoring everyone else now has a message board full of people talking about TNA and such, threads questioning the motives for the Industry News deal, and because they now host "fan photos", have a bunch of TNA photos up. Bizarre. Anyway, this thread made me laugh: http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/691/282...ter_than_Ashley
  3. That's slightly mixed up. It was the mayor (or some sort of semi-important person) of Baltimore that mentioned being an old Hulkamaniac when Todd Pettengill interviewed him in the audience. But yes, Art Donovan's commentary is legendary.
  4. Seems like the stuff going on over on WWE.com, especially with people mocking the craziness of the Fan Nation Forum, could use a separate discussion thread.
  5. "What did Roman's use for variables in their algebra equations? Numbers?!" That's my big stand-up joke. Or would be, if I ever did comedy for a Mathemtician convention.
  6. Being a KOTR may not have done anything noticeable to HHH's career, but the results of it indirectly shaped his career forever. He won the tournament by beating Mankind, which started a feud between the two which culminated with the Cactus Jack persona debuting on Raw in a hardcore match in MSG. That match was used as a key story point for the Foley/HHH match at the 2000 Royal Rumble, and the match at the Rumble cemented HHH's place as a main eventer.
  7. Come on now, there's none of that.
  8. In a deleted scene, Michael reveals it has been a month since he and Jan broke up; he has been staying at Schrute Farm, and Jan is visiting her sister in Scottsdale.
  9. I was a bit mistaken above about the 7/21 Raw previously airing. The main event aired in Shorties in July and the July 28th Raw (because it was before SummerSlam) aired in August. It would appear their reason for skipping it is because it's a non-compete week (something I thought, then confirmed, when reading that Raw's rating was a 4.something - Nitro is on Tuesday). I thought they stopped skipping non-compete weeks (and not skipping them makes even more sense now since each show airs as a separate program) but whatever. We just get to the 3 Hour Nitro quicker! Yes, I am actually excited about that.
  10. I believe it - if I could, I would watch ECW every week to see how funny Adamle gets.
  11. The clip before Nitro of Flair and Steamboat's last match (from WCW SN) is pretty neat. So far so good with the July 7th Nitro, I can see why King liked it so much. I'm really enjoying this Vicious and Delicious vs. Guerreros tag match. Kane is the first guy I remembered seeing pull of the "reverse a two man suplex into suplexing two men" spot, but here's Scott Norton doing it. Heenan getting pissed at Larry not giving up his headset and chair is pretty amusing. La Parka vs. Savage is great too.
  12. Not surprising, THEEE Drew Galloway's debut was less then impressive, he cut a strange promo that almost made him a face, then acted like a heel when he came out. Shame though, his cocky character he's had a for a few years over here in the UK was pretty awesome. He had a stable called The Foreign Legion, him (Scottish) a Frenchmen and a German (I think) and they played the cocky/wimpish heels really well I was really surprised when they aired that promo. I was there for his debut and thought for sure the whole "I've got dual citizenship so please chant USA!" was an new twist on getting the crowd to give the guy heel heat for TV, but I guess it was a televised character trait.
  13. I wish they would release widescreen "enhanced for widescreen televisions" standard DVD versions of their PPVs. The Rumble match was framed so poorly for the non-HD broadcast.
  14. I had a "I don't remember posting that!" experience because I have basically the same avatar as 10 Pounds of Gold right now. It'll go back after Montreal is out of the play-offs (or wins the Cup). More games like last night and I'll be back to the old avatar by Monday.
  15. Promos for a SummerSlam Flashback special were cut and that appears to be about it. I know the June 30th Raw kept in the promo for the Million Dollar SummerSlam contest but I don't recall seeing it on this Raw so maybe that was cut too. I skimmed the Nitro review because I haven't seen it yet ("VOD Error") but I'm glad it's good because as I've said, I love that Raw so it will be nice to have a good Nitro go with it. The reason there are 3 non-match segments in a row is because there was originally a Benoit/McMichael vs. Steiners match before the final segment.
  16. Not particularly. I don't see how her complaining that there's an on-going thread celebrating something that absolutely should not be celebrated relates to her. She knows the score.
  17. That sounds like someone that was banned for talking about feces, but a lot of this runs together.
  18. I think Bruiser Brody died 20 years ago, friends.
  19. Going to the cemetery for closure... good stuff.
  20. Joey should update his WWE.com bio.
  21. That would be pretty awesome. Also, Marv, you could not find photos of the tag titles that weren't so damn blurry (assuming you made that photo yourself)?
  22. Yeah but the current viewership of ECW is only 1/3 the Raw audience, which could indicate the casual fans don't bother with it.
  23. "Legends" seems like an odd place for IYH: Beware of Dog and I assumed it was a mistake but spman tells me that's where it is for him too. Miscellaneous note: The Nitro preview says "Riv Flair".
  24. No PYBO or ECW on Cogeco here yet but I'm sure they're coming (ECW, anyway). I also can't watch Nitro yet but I've become accustomed to Cogeco having a few VOD titles be temporarily unavailable.
×
×
  • Create New...