Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I hope they at least worked in the Pit Stop if they took so long. The report sent to WO lists the Boys as one of the most over acts of the night.
  2. I read this on wikipedia: "On November 14, 2007 Agetec released a statement concerning availability issues with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns saying the game will only be made available to GameStop, EB Games, and Best Buy." I guess that's not totally crazy or anything, but just in case folks are going to Target to look for it, don't.
  3. About 6 costumes per character. That's something.
  4. I don't care for this "then" usage. Anyway http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article...0/edgereasoning Louie Dee should be on creative. He's probably better than the Hollywood guys.
  5. Yeah, young Bundy didn't seem to have the defined chin and facial look as his older self, but they're the same guy. Well I guess he had the same chin... but yes, there is a real different look as he got older.
  6. That's why it's there.
  7. HBK vs. Jericho from Mania XIX is quite good.
  8. Holy shit, Magnum TA shows up during Savage/Andre!
  9. I'm happy to see Marty in that trailer, presumably adding his say to the feature story.
  10. We can examine this further on Tuesday, November 27th when The Shawn Michaels Story: Heartbreak and Triumph comes out on DVD ($18.18 at WWEshop.com - pre-order today).
  11. I love the green suit Ted wears on SNME. I had a toy with that outfit but never really saw it. Is this how millionaires in the 80s dressed, in sparkled green pants and vests? I guess the same could be said about all of his outfits, though. Don't get me wrong, they are AWESOME wrestling outfits, but if you make the mistake of trying to rationalize the wrestling world with the real world, his outfits are terrible. The toned down outfits he wore post-retirement were much more in line with how a rich man would realistically dress.
  12. The spoilers also say The Nasty Boys beat Dave Taylor and Drew McIntyre in a dark match. Suspicious!
  13. This can't be right... PWI's SmackDown spoiler's say that Dave Taylor and Drew McIntyre lost to THE NASTY BOYS in a dark match. Is there some new version of the Nasty Boys? Edit: Well it was taped in Florida, I guess it's possible. Just seems really strange.
  14. I get it... he sang "Where were you?" or whatever song they made a parody of on South Park, right? It just didn't flow together very well and thus seemed out of place. There really didn't seem to be much connection between the two scenes. It's not worth dissecting further, but for some reason it really bothered me when I watched it.
  15. Off topic, but this reminded me of turning on my TV before going to work this morning and seeing an old show called "Night Heat" on. The plot was about a man named Bruce Mitchell who was murdered - when police investigated his house, they found he was involved in a child pornography ring. Poor Torch. Uh-oh, looks like it might be time for another round of TSM's "Shawn Michaels: Great worker! versus Shawn Michaels: Overrated asshole who oversells!". Count me out.
  16. I'm pretty sure Angle beat Crash Holly clean on Heat during his first reign, Gogo. Don't take that away from him.
  17. It's not like he doesn't have a point - Armageddon and SummerSlam could now essentially have the same card - but yes, the $50 price tag and 4 hour run time (among other things) certainly set Mania apart as not being the same as the rest. I already mentioned similar issues about the Rumble and Survivor Series.
  18. It was pretty damn funny when he fell trying to leap at Test, but that's edited (to the best degree they could) off of the DVD and therefore out of history, so nuts to that. Heel Scott Steiner probably had an OK match against RVD or something that I vaguely recall (perhaps Test/Steiner vs Booker/RVD for the titles?) but I'm going to stick with Jericho doing a great carry job as one of his best WWE bouts. The problem with the Jericho/Austin match may have stemmed from Austin coming down with a case of phoneitinitis due to unhappiness over his current creative direction (about to feud with a drunken drug addict in a low profile Mania bout instead of work with Hogan). I don't know if that bad attitude before walking out (the second time) came before or after this, though. I will admit that their 2001 singles bouts weren't much to write home about either, though. Not sure why two talents like Jericho and Austin never really clicked in there, but it happens.
  19. I could be off since I only saw it once, but the match Jericho lost to Scott Steiner (en route to Scott getting his title match at the Rumble) was probably Scott's best WWE match during that stint.
  20. That's not entirely true. Yes, they're all tri-branded now, but Rumble, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series still have some name recognition / attachment to them. SummerSlam's value seems to slip by the year, but you still have the Rumble at the Rumble and an elimination match at Survivor Series.
  21. During some downtime at work I found myself going through some old articles over at wrestlingdb.com. I found and re-read this delightful article by metr0man, which has taken a different turn 5 years later. http://www.wrestlingdb.com/articles/2002/09/04/Da-Met
  22. So are you the source on this one, champ? Edit: Good work. Of course, they don't cite THEIR source either, so whatever.
  23. On the other hand, my CAWs often look off anyway, so maybe I could quickly do it myself if I knew who was who (and I'm sure that's online). It's funny, reading about the 24/7 mode SOUNDS good (Tommy Dreamer - ECW GM? Sign me up!) but I guess it just comes off as a big step down.
  24. Fro! Long time. Anyway, I saw in dark match results that Vlad Kozlov beat Norman Smiley. I thought Vlad was released? Then again dark matches feature some random talent (like Norman Smiley).
  25. My interest for FPR dropped a bit when I realized you were all getting edits from the internet with that wacky Maxdrive (I had some bizarre hope that everyone looked good enough to infringe on copyright but had the wrong name). Still should be fun though.
×
×
  • Create New...