TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

!!!

I just set up a TNA game and WWE released Chavo and Edge on day four.

It's crazy and completely random as to how warped the game can get.

In my game, I had WWE firing EVERYTHING in sight with talent - i.e. Jamie Noble, Kidman, Tajiri, Hurricane, Rhyno, and signing anything with a big name, such as Sting, Sid Vicious and Roddy Piper. This was done as a desperation attempt to make money as the market was low and Vince's ship was sinking fast.

It's great, because they're talent keeps you're company from going under.

UYI

Guest JacK

Hey yo, do the stealings of talent under written contract from a fed your waring with supposed to influence your and their PI's? Because I stole Christian and Mattitude from WWE, both over 90 over, and neither made a smattering of a difference. Does this happen at a later date, or have I been stooged; or, is there a patch that changes it? Cause I'm really bummed out about it, I mean stealing two of their most over guys and there's no difference!

Guest Fook
!!!

I just set up a TNA game and WWE released Chavo and Edge on day four.

It's crazy and completely random as to how warped the game can get.

In my game, I had WWE firing EVERYTHING in sight with talent - i.e. Jamie Noble, Kidman, Tajiri, Hurricane, Rhyno, and signing anything with a big name, such as Sting, Sid Vicious and Roddy Piper. This was done as a desperation attempt to make money as the market was low and Vince's ship was sinking fast.

It's great, because they're talent keeps you're company from going under.

UYI

Art imitates life yet again

Guest Nanks

Heeeeeeeeeelp, I wanted to give my guys a week off over the New Year so I cancelled RAW and SD! for a week and fucking UPN dropped Smackdown when I had 38 weeks left on the contract. What the hell do I do now?!?!?!?!

Guest Fook

Find a new network.

And don't give the shows "a week off". The game isn't programmed to recognize a break for the holidays or anything like that.

Guest TheArchiteck

Ok, I ended the Booker T(75) & Chris Kanyon (83) feud for the rWa City Champ (mid card belt). It was a tough call on who to put over. But since Kanyon had the belt since I created it (8 months), I decided to let the babyface Booker go over. I put them in a Hell In a Cell match, since I always end heavy feuds like that. lol

Oh yeah the feud was at 91 heat. These guys was gaining overness off of every interview.

I think the overall match was like 88. Both of the guys shot up to 87 overness and the title gained points too.

Next i'll probably have a Lance Storm /Rock fued.

Everytime I put them together at least one of them gain overness. I'm going to at least get Rock to put over the low midcarders since he's pratically worthless at only being 77 over and shitty stats besides charisma.

I almost forgot I had Savage with me, so I'll use him to put over people with super stats.

Guest Nanks

What exactly are the repercussions of donating money to a struggling promotion. I'm currently WWE and CZW are apparently struggling, according to The Battleground. They've got a couple of pretty good talents I could really use down the line, will donating money to them help my cause in any way, shape or form?? I could always just buy the fuckers out, but will that mean that guys like Kaz Hayashi who have Japan committments will actually work for me??

Guest TheArchiteck

I'm not sure about donations.

But if you buy a company out, everyone who works for them, even ones with Japanese commitments with work for you.

Thats how I got AJ Styles and Low Ki.

They still stay with you until their commitment dates changes.

Guest Nanks

Hurrah!! I just totally bought out MLW, taking with me: Chris Daniels, Jerry Lynn, Dan Severn, Devon Storm, Francine, Jimmy Rave, Johnny Smith, Kaz Hayashi, La Parka, Mark Briscoe, Masato Tanaka, Men's Teioh, Michael Shane, Mikey Whipwreck, Satoshi Kojima, Simon Diamond, Steve Corino, Super Crazy, Taiyo Kea, TAKA Michinoku & Tony Mamaluke. How the hell am I meant to keep all these guys booked?!?!? Time to chop some deadweight I think.

EDIT: Shit, it's so hard trying to get rid of all these useless workers. Everyone are bloody friends.

Edited by Nanks

Guest Nanks

Right. I think I'm going to have to re-do this whole roster split. There are just way too many fuckin new guys for me to work it all out. Is that going to fuck things up badly?? I realise I'm already taking a massive financial loss this month, I had to pay out a heap of contracts on top of the $3mil+ for buying out MLW, but is rearranging the roster split really going to send things spiralling at all??

It's basically a lot of fun booking that many people. Although if you are still using open contracts and doing just monthly shows, don't care about who you don't book. Book who you can and work with it. The rest are novelties.

If under written contracts, just let them sit out their contracts and not book them. When morale drops to about 65, ditch them by offering release and they should willingly accept going without problems.

Should you wish the "fast and cheating method" then just boost them up the card to Main Event then plumet them to Jobber. They should be willing to leave after that. Just don't expect them coming back to you then if you want them back.

Guest Nanks

I signed as many of them as I could to written contracts because I couldn't bear to see any off them signed by other promotions or end up with Japanese committments. If I blow off the feuds I'm running at Rumble in a couple of weeks will it cause me any dramas if I stop and fully redo the split??

Guest El Satanico

Why would you redo the entire roster split, just because you have alot of new guys?

Keep the roster split intact and just divide the new guys between both rosters.

You just have to think about what you want to do with the new guys before assigning them to a roster.

EDIT: Also don't fire guys, it just pisses of their friends and costs you money. Raise and lower their card position until their moral is under 40 and then offer them a release. However, only do this with people you won't want back.

Hurrah!! I just totally bought out MLW, taking with me: Chris Daniels, Jerry Lynn, Dan Severn, Devon Storm, Francine, Jimmy Rave, Johnny Smith, Kaz Hayashi, La Parka, Mark Briscoe, Masato Tanaka, Men's Teioh, Michael Shane, Mikey Whipwreck, Satoshi Kojima, Simon Diamond, Steve Corino, Super Crazy, Taiyo Kea, TAKA Michinoku & Tony Mamaluke.

NWA in my game is ready to be bought out, pity I don't have the funds to cover it though.

I've single handedly dropped WWE from Global heavyweight to 6% over Global company with my federation (Which began at war with NWA and with Hulk Hogan as the 'financial supporter' giving me 5 Mill to get started. This meant Hogan on an Unsackable with me, but eh, I'm a Hulkster mark and loved it), Global Order Wrestling.

I just wish I had the cash to get Jeff Jarrett and really drive in the stake through Vince's company.

UYI

Guest JacK

That's GOLD Jerry! GOLD! Kenny Banyon from Seinfeld GOLD!

Damn net connection screwed me up with 3% left on the oh-fficial patch download; oh well, at least IT isn't losing overness when according to the Road Agent it gained 8 during the show . . . damn Chris Harris is annoying me.

Also, how in the hell do you boost your ratings when you put on 80+% shows, and get a quarter of what the network expects?!?

That's GOLD Jerry! GOLD! Kenny Banyon from Seinfeld GOLD!

Damn net connection screwed me up with 3% left on the oh-fficial patch download; oh well, at least IT isn't losing overness when according to the Road Agent it gained 8 during the show . . . damn Chris Harris is annoying me.

Also, how in the hell do you boost your ratings when you put on 80+% shows, and get a quarter of what the network expects?!?

Satisfy the masses, brother.

Why have RAW's ratings recently shot up considerably from last year? A hot angle, no pun intended, in Kane, albeit one that seems to be losing steam.

But that's irrelevant. Focus your shows around your main draw, fix up a hot, functional feud in the midcards and watch the dough roll in with the high ratings.

Works for me.

In other words - Do the opposite to whatever Vince has done for the past 3 years.

UYI

Guest JacK

Ok, I'll try that, though my Raven Low-Ki feud is progressing a bit fast for my liking . . . at this rate it ain't gonna last a month.

But their are two things I REALLY don't get.

One is the fact that Sophie thinks we can get 8.5 ratings

The other is that my show on the Crapper network, with huge competition, including the now- Skipper-like (Prime Time!) Heat; is actually getting better ratings than my show on Spike TV, with absolutly no competition . . . me no geddit.

Guest JacK

Well, she must be hugely optimistic, for the most I'm getting are 1.5's; which are almost my friggin weekly TNA buyrates. Ridiculous it is; made even more so by the fact that the damn Graveyard Ring of Honour show is beating me. . . damn that sucks. Damn 80% shows not good enough for these damn ingrates . . .

Guest Fook

Check things like production values and announcers. If they suck, the show won't get good ratings. Also, have your most over guys on the show more often and have them feuding with each other. A feud with a main eventer against a lower midcarder isn't going to draw no matter how good the matches are.

Guest JacK

The announcers are Tenay and Konnan, so I don't think that's it, as their talent/charisma is quite high . . . production values are 100, and the main feuds are all main-eventers . . . so I'm stumped (and about to get axed by the network).

Guest El Satanico

I think Sophie telling you the highest rating you can hope to currently achieve is just a way for you to know what channels to send tapes to.

Guest El Satanico
Well, she must be hugely optimistic, for the most I'm getting are 1.5's; which are almost my friggin weekly TNA buyrates.

This has been explained many times.

Running weekly ppvs AND weekly tv shows is a bad idea. So change your PPVs to monthly and see how that works.

Guest JacK

Eh, It worked with one show - one PPV; worked like GOLD. But I think the second show was over-reaching it a bit, Guess I'll have to cancel it . . . goodbye 'Super-Happy-Fun TNA Tuesday!' Thanks for the *sniffle* memories. *tries to hide his tears*

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Well, FUCK

I brought Total Pro Wrestling from 75% Cult to Global, only for Chris Daniels, Taiyo Kea ( my major feud) and a few other all to walk out on my, citing not wanting the high workload

bastards

I thought Dames was supposed to be difficult to impress? I just got a 5 star match on my first PPV attempt, and I'm not the greatest player at this game.

Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho.

Match Background: This match is for the WWE World title.

The Match: Double arm suplex by Chris Jericho connects as Angle hits hard. Kurt Angle once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Kurt Angle connects with a HARD right hand, sending the opponent down to the mat again. Jericho reverses an irish whip...and Kurt Angle runs into the referee! BURNING HAMMER~! from Kurt Angle is executed with perfect brutally! Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Jericho pushes out of a Kurt Angle hold. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Angle walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tiger suplex on Angle. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Jericho charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Spinebuster by Kurt Angle. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Angle walks into a drop toe hold. Eddie Guerrero comes running down the aisle with a chair! Jericho and Kurt Angle continue fighting, unaware of the intrusion. Eddie Guerrero slides in and blasts Kurt Angle with a chair to the head! Eddie climbs out of the ring, the damage done! Chris Jericho has Kurt Angle down on the canvas. Lion Sault!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Jericho and Eddie are beating the hell out of Kurt Angle! Brock Lesnar sprints down the aisle and slides into the ring! He goes toe-to-toe with Chris Jericho, exchanging punches! He goes down quickly though when Eddie clips the knee from behind! Jericho \ Eddie put the boots to Brock Lesnar, and leave him down on the canvas next to Kurt Angle. What a demolition!

My Opinion: I don't do it often, but this match was EVERYTHING and a bag of chips... ***** baby!!

(96 overall, 94 reaction, 99 quality)

Jobber, you put two of the great workers in the game, and you expect to be hard pressed to get a 5*? Try getting one without them.

I'm still working on it. Actually, I think I should play EWR 4.0 again. Haven't for awhile now.