TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

If I download the patch, will I have to start my game all over for it to take effect or will it just start giving me house show money in the middle of my season?

Oh, also to Flik, Steiner/HHH at the RR wasn't an example of a screwjob blowing off a feud. The feud didn't get blown off No Way Out the following month. Anyway, it worked fine for me as Raven went from 88 overness to 92 overness and Jarrett went from 87 overness to 96 overness. However, as soon as Jarrett started his world title feud he went back down to 93. Oh well.

:lol: Damn. Tells you how much I've been watching wrestling these past two months.

Guest Fook

I don't know how, but I think I pissed off the EWR gods or something.

During my first three months I had exactly one incident: Dawn Marie broke her leg and is out for seven months. I just fired her and moved on.

But now I suddenly got 4 incidents in one freaking week! Big ones too!

First, Noble broke his leg and is out for seven months, and he's my cruiserweight champ. I had to vacate the belt and put it on someone else, causing it to lose image.

Next, Flair checked himself into rehab for a cocaine addiction. He was 99 over and his charisma was helping to get his clients over too.

Follow that up with Rhyno no-showing an autograph session. I suspended him for a month. And just as I started leading to a slow face turn with him.

Finally, Christian blasts the company during a radio interview, earning him a three month suspension. And he was nearing the end of his feud with Booker T over the IC title. I was going to have him beat Booker at the December ppv and then move Booker up to the world title. Now I have to groom a new IC champ.

FUCK!

I don't know how, but I think I pissed off the EWR gods or something.

During my first three months I had exactly one incident: Dawn Marie broke her leg and is out for seven months. I just fired her and moved on.

But now I suddenly got 4 incidents in one freaking week! Big ones too!

First, Noble broke his leg and is out for seven months, and he's my cruiserweight champ. I had to vacate the belt and put it on someone else, causing it to lose image.

Next, Flair checked himself into rehab for a cocaine addiction. He was 99 over and his charisma was helping to get his clients over too.

Follow that up with Rhyno no-showing an autograph session. I suspended him for a month. And just as I started leading to a slow face turn with him.

Finally, Christian blasts the company during a radio interview, earning him a three month suspension. And he was nearing the end of his feud with Booker T over the IC title. I was going to have him beat Booker at the December ppv and then move Booker up to the world title. Now I have to groom a new IC champ.

FUCK!

Bummer.

Same thing happend to me. I brought Sting into my WWE game because I was drastically short on Main Event Faces, and needed someone until RVD & Edge were out of their respective feuds and could main event.

He turns 45, his stats plummett (yet he still remains 99 in the overness and one of my main merchandise draws) so I feel it is time for Sting to recieve his pink slip.

Then I get the e-mail:

'Sting has married one of Linda McMahon's unknown daughters'

Sting = Unsackable at $120,000 (which is actually damn cheap for Sting).

Great.

UYI

Bummer.

Same thing happend to me. I brought Sting into my WWE game because I was drastically short on Main Event Faces, and needed someone until RVD & Edge were out of their respective feuds and could main event.

He turns 45, his stats plummett (yet he still remains 99 in the overness and one of my main merchandise draws) so I feel it is time for Sting to recieve his pink slip.

Then I get the e-mail:

'Sting has married one of Linda McMahon's unknown daughters'

Sting = Unsackable at $120,000 (which is actually damn cheap for Sting).

Great.

UYI

That one is a pain in the ass if it happens. Also, I hate when weird things happen. Like how almost all my uppercarders right now are bitching at me because of morale...

I'm wondering if they are all secretly loyal to Paul London and hence why the crappy morale. I've booked everyone pretty good. I'd say.

Guest JacK

What I find more bizzare is the loss of overness for what I see as no good reason; like Chris Harris keeps dropping in overness like a stone, down to around 55. I would be fine with that, cept James Storm is 75, and I have them in all the same segments and matchs, they share the jobs and the wins equally, they both have the same manager (Erik Watts, I needed to find something for him to do) so I just don't get it. And he isn't losing overness because of his gimmick, or losing to weak people, cause AMW have been feuding with people more over than them and beating them, I just don't get it!

Hm... That happens every now and then. There's not a whole heck of a lot you can do about it usually. What I do, is turn around and give the person a new gimmick (as usually this happens to someone who's had a gimmick for a long time) as that usually helps.

Doesn't mean it'll help you though, as it could just be that people don't care for Harris and perhaps are wanting Storm to go solo. Maybe. As I said, it's hard to tell the steady decrease like yours is up to.

Yeah, I had that same thing happen to D'lo, a gimmick change or turn puts a stop to it. Also, I declared war ofn ROH for their theft of Daniels. I was able to get a show on the same day as their main, signed away Whipwreak(which gave a huge morale boost to a lot of my upper-midcard), and donated 6 million to MLW their closest enemy.

Guest Askewniverse
What I find more bizzare is the loss of overness for what I see as no good reason; like Chris Harris keeps dropping in overness like a stone, down to around 55.

I have a similar problem, only it's the other way around. For some strange reason, Rhyno keeps gaining one point in overness after each show that he's booked on.

Guest JacK

I'll trade ya . . .

I also have Alexis Laree do that, though it's thru interviews and stuff, but she's managing a 60-over lower-midcarder, how over can you get through hyping them up? 93 it seems . . .

Alexis was the same way for me. In the beginning of my NwaTna game, she was more over than Raven until abut the 3 month mark. Then I accidently changed her gimmick to Big Friendly Giant which evidently was enough to get her to sign with WWE. AMW got themselves up to 90's in overness when I was almost jobbing them out to get Shortbus(with slightly raised stats) over 30 over.

Guest Fook

Well apparently all those incidents weren't enough, as I just had another one.

Mysterio just tore his bicep and is on the shelf for 7 months, so I had to end his feud with Benoit off-screen, which hurt them both.

Guest JacK

Well, Don Callis broke his leg, stupid fool, you can still give interviews in a wheelchair or on crutches. He's stuffed to, him and his open contracted ass can get tha hell out! People need to be more careful when I'm in charge. Especially easily replaced people whose names aren't 'Mike' and 'Sanders'

Guest Fook

If Rey was only gone for a couple of months, I wouldn't have ended it, but I can't have Rey and Benoit just doing interviews for 7 months.

Oh, and Vince just tore his calf and is out for 9 months. Not that I care though, since I haven't used him once yet. But it adds to the ever-increasing list of incidents and injuries.

Guest JacK

Wow . . . do you force them to work on stilts or something? That's quite a list, my most out at a time were Sanders, David Young (out for a week) and Frankie Kazarian (out for a day, now thats some willpower which I admire!)

And damnit! I started another AMW-Sanders/Siaki feud when I meant to turn Harris or Storm and have them feud. Silly me. I'd say I must have been drunk or something, but then I'm a 'Clean Cut' gimmick.

Guest Fook
Wow . . . do you force them to work on stilts or something?

My methods may be controversial, but they get results baby!

I think I've found another bug on here. I had Victoria get attacked by a mystery worker before she was supposed to tag with Jarrett against Trinity and AJ Styles, and then assuming that Trinity and Styles had attacked her, she interfered to help Jarrett win my triple threat PPV main event.

I was going to reveal that it was actually Jazz that had attacked Victoria later, and use that as the angle for her debut, but I can't find an angle to do that anywhere. They have the mystery attacker angle, but I can't find an angle anywhere where the mystery attacker is revealed.

I think I've found another bug on here. I had Victoria get attacked by a mystery worker before she was supposed to tag with Jarrett against Trinity and AJ Styles, and then assuming that Trinity and Styles had attacked her, she interfered to help Jarrett win my triple threat PPV main event.

I was going to reveal that it was actually Jazz that had attacked Victoria later, and use that as the angle for her debut, but I can't find an angle to do that anywhere. They have the mystery attacker angle, but I can't find an angle anywhere where the mystery attacker is revealed.

I don't think there is one. I think it's only for a stalking situation that you can reveal someone.

Guest El Satanico

Jericho's morale has been hovering around 60 for a few months now.

You guys think his morale would be helped if I turned him face?

When the Angle/Beniot World Title feud ends with a heel Angle winning, I'll need another strong face to feud with him. As of now I was planning on using Chavo, but if a face turn would help Jericho I'd move him to smackdown to feud with Angle.

Give it a shot. 4.0 characters seem to get fickle. I had Jinsei Shinzaki ask me to break up his team with Barry Horowitz (read the XPW Diary ::cheap plug:: to see how THAT one came up) after teaming together TWICE in the fed. TWICE.

A change of pace might be all Jericho needs.

Hey, Zack. Check their relationships and just see if maybe they gained a dislike for each other or something. Could very well have happened.

Then again, I just created a team, Tommy Suede and Aki Mann, The Last Hard Men (comedy act) and just after ONE tag match Suede was saying that because he was SO over than Aki, that the team should be dissolved. So I turned around and made Suede into jobber boy for awhile. He certainly wasn't complaining about tagging with Aki Mann then.

I'll have to check when I get home (at work now), but my guess is that since Horowitz is a lower-mid guy with sucky stats, and Shinzaki is upper midcard with above average stats, he probably feels he's too good to be teaming with Barry.

Guest El Satanico

I have Christian and Lance Storm teamed together as Canadian Violence and Christian often complains that he's too over to team with Storm.

Christian is hovering around 90 over and Storm is 78 over, so he may have a point.

If I turn Jericho face and move him to Smackdown I'll be needing someone to take Jericho's spot, so I'll give Christian his wish. Or I may give AJ Styles Jericho's spot and give Christian AJ's spot.

I'm thinking about making a heel tag team out of HHH and Booker T. After HHH loses the HW title to Rock I'll have no spot for him. Booker T since losing the IC title to Jerich has no spot. Since he's now signed to an open contract I can keep him around without paying him monthly. I'll probably end up firing both.

I fired Nash for being lazy in the ring. The guy had a four straight match streak of minus stars! So Micahels and Triple H got pissed and accepted releases. The Kliq is dead, but Stpeh is pissed, and I fear I may be fired...

Guest TheArchiteck

I had Booker T go up against Kojima and he sent me this email-

"Satoshi Kojima was working too stiffly, i could have been badly hurt. SUCKA!"

I found that pretty funny. And the smirk on his photo topped it off.

Right now i'm getting Lance Storm over crazily.

He just came out of development at 92 charisma! I dunno what he was before, but thats pretty damn high.

Too bad he didn't gain much overness points.

But i'm having a program with him and The Rock (77 over, which i'm pissed about since he left WWE in cult ).

Guest El Satanico

!!!

I just set up a TNA game and WWE released Chavo and Edge on day four.

Using the RaveX update? Edge and Chavo start in OVW since they're hurt, so they always get released by day 4.

That helps my TNA hugely too. :)