TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

Quick question (and if it's been answered, I'm sorry, but I have no time right now to read 23 pages).

Is there a way you can declare war on other promotions? I figure with a good month I can start challenging WWE head-to-head, but I've never seen the option.

Quick question (and if it's been answered, I'm sorry, but I have no time right now to read 23 pages).

Is there a way you can declare war on other promotions? I figure with a good month I can start challenging WWE head-to-head, but I've never seen the option.

Wars only occur if you are within about 30PI of that company. And it automatically happens.

So unless you are in Global and within 30PI of WWE, I highly doubt you can.

Luckily Daniels and Am Dragon left NJPW. The only one I'm bummed about is Mamaluke

:angry: DAMN YOU~!

...speaking of which I should probably play my game and find replacements for Paul London and either fire Harry Smith (then find someone new) or find something else for him to do.

Anyone played long enough to be able to form your own promotion?

I have a whopping 334 days remaining before I shape up, ship out and leave Linda McMahon on her ass.

I've never done this before, though, but I hear you can take a few guys with you to help kick start the promotion.

Anyone played long enough to be able to form your own promotion?

I have a whopping 334 days remaining before I shape up, ship out and leave Linda McMahon on her ass.

I've never done this before, though, but I hear you can take a few guys with you to help kick start the promotion.

You get two staff members to unsacks, along with two wrestlers. I think. I can't remember all too well.

Rock Hard is just a tad unrealistic and is only really there for people looking for a seriously hardcore experience.

I prefer playing it straight on medium, as that isn't too hard, but not too easy, and allows other promotions to grow and challenge me.

UYI

That makes me feel a lot better. I was wondering if it actually made a big difference on the ratings of the segments or if I was just bad at the game. The only segments I can get consistently over 90 are Raven interviews. That guy's pretty much golden on here. One more thing though. How does the level of your promotion affect how good your stuff has to be to raise the PI? I mean obviously a cult-level promotion can't be expected to put on as good of segments as the WWE just to stay steady.

BTW, is it OK to blowoff a feud with a screwjob? I've never done it before, but I think I'm gonna have to with my Jarrett/Raven feud. AJ Styles has been champion for almost ten months, and I've been keeping Jarrett away from him, so it would be really climactic when he took the title, but during this feud Raven's gained about ten overness points to where he's now one point more over than Jarrett, and I'll want to continue their feud once Jarrett wins the title. I think I'll have AJ run in and give Jarrett the deciding win through botched interference.

BTW, is it OK to blowoff a feud with a screwjob?

:huh: Screwjob ending a finish to match? I've NEVER seen that done and not work.

Ala Triple H against Steiner RR03.

So that would be a yes. :P

No, I don't mean just for a regular match. I've done that tons of times. I mean to blowoff a major feud that's been going on for two or three months, and includes a clean win by each man. I was just afraid it might hurt their heat to have an anticlimactic ending like that.

No, I don't mean just for a regular match. I've done that tons of times. I mean to blowoff a major feud that's been going on for two or three months, and includes a clean win by each man. I was just afraid it might hurt their heat to have an anticlimactic ending like that.

I was saying to end a feud. I even gave an example. :P

Oh in the RaveX 17 update, Shane Madison and Cassidy O'Reilly work well together.

Guest JacK

Hmmm, I think the weekly-PPV's is effecting my ability to get a good TV deal, at 72% global the best I can get is on Urban America, with a max 1.35 rating, which is REALLY annoying me.

My risk value is 75%, will lowering this make more networks give me a deal? I would've thought Spike TV would, the jerks, as my risk values are same as theirs, and my production values are 100%, I mean whats not to like? 'Happy-Happy TNA Tuesday!' could've been great!

Also, does the official update change worker stats and performances together? Ie will it change the fact that Low-ki & Styles and Low-Ki & Daniels get me 5 star matches like Clockwork?

Hmmm, I think the weekly-PPV's is effecting my ability to get a good TV deal, at 72% global the best I can get is on Urban America, with a max 1.35 rating, which is REALLY annoying me.

My risk value is 75%, will lowering this make more networks give me a deal? I would've thought Spike TV would, the jerks, as my risk values are same as theirs, and my production values are 100%, I mean whats not to like? 'Happy-Happy TNA Tuesday!' could've been great!

Also, does the official update change worker stats and performances together? Ie will it change the fact that Low-ki & Styles and Low-Ki & Daniels get me 5 star matches like Clockwork?

Yes, landing TV deals is ANNOYING as hell. Yet, get one, get another one and work from there.

AS for the risk, drop it. If you need another TV show that badly, you can drop the risk. Besides, you'll still have all the normal matches (meaning single, tag, triple threat) at 45 that you would at 75. Besides, if you want a 75 risk match, you just wait till your Monthly/Weekly PPV and crank up the risk for then, and tone it down after the Monthly/Weekly PPV.

It does change somethings, but I'm quite sure Ki & Styles and Ki & Daniels still get those 5 star matches.

Actually, I think the update is more markish if anything really. As a lot of guys get stats boosts, but that's a good thing if you are a small promotion.

Guest JacK

Oh no, stat changes. Nutz. I spent ages messin around to get mine where I felt they should be. That'll take heaps of time to fix it up.

Oh no, stat changes. Nutz. I spent ages messin around to get mine where I felt they should be. That'll take heaps of time to fix it up.

No one said you HAD to. You can always not do the stat update, ya know.

Guest JacK

But without it I don't get my house show income.

But then, I don't do house shows.

But what if I wanted to?

But I don't. So I guess your right, I guess there's no problem them.

I just got f'ing robbed. I'm NWATNA and over time have gotten WWE down to 60PI. One of the main reasons is a 3 month feud between Angle and Daniels (who stuck around even though he still toured with japan and I'm Global). Feud Heat was 97%, Angle 99 over, Daniels 98, and feud total was 17-18. I was going to have Angle win clean and the day before the PPV, ROH somehow convinces Daniels to sign a written contract with them destroying my whole XXX gets taken down storyline I was running. Roh was national with PI of 5 and the next day I get the E-mail saying how the new Touring rosters where set up so there must have been a fairly large glitch in there just to f' me over :angry: .

But without it I don't get my house show income.

But then, I don't do house shows.

But what if I wanted to?

But I don't. So I guess your right, I guess there's no problem them.

Actually the stats update and the game update are two different things.

The stat update just makes the game more official and has a lot more people in it.

The game update just changes one .exe for another. Thus not touching your existing files or anything.

I just got f'ing robbed.  I'm NWATNA and over time have gotten WWE down to 60PI.  One of the main reasons is a 3 month feud between Angle and Daniels (who stuck around even though he still toured with japan and I'm Global).  Feud Heat was 97%, Angle 99 over, Daniels 98, and feud total was 17-18.  I was going to have Angle win clean and the day before the PPV, ROH somehow convinces Daniels to sign a written contract with them destroying my whole XXX gets taken down storyline I was running.  Roh was national with PI of 5 and the next day I get the E-mail saying how the new Touring rosters where set up so there must have been a fairly large glitch in there just to f' me over :angry: .

:( I haven't had that pleasure yet to happen. A little weird how that went about really.

This is a stupid question, but..

Is there any really use keeping guys like Bischoff and Austin around?

Not that I've found. I rarely use managers either because I hire guys that have enough talent with charisma that there's hardly a need to have them.

This is a stupid question, but..

Is there any really use keeping guys like Bischoff and Austin around?

They're good to use to get midcarders over. Using them to book matches, fight over superstars and get their asses kicked is great for the talent your working on, albiet expensive with Austin.

Other than that, I'm with Flik. They're pretty worthless and if your wanting to make cash up front, you need to get rid of people like Austin who just sit there and soak up tons of money.

UYI

Guest wwF1587

is there an arsenic editor out for 4 yet... having RAW only and SD! only ppvs is killing morale

I found Russo and Callis to be pretty effective as authority figures. My Russo/Jarrett feud that I started off with went over great, although I did find it was a waste of time to put Russo in any subsequent feuds. Callis is good though, because if you want to announce a match between two guys without enough charisma for a challenge, he can still get about an 80 for the segment.

Oh, and since I just got a TV deal with the Playboy Channel, I figured I'd sign back Alexis Laree, and she, Victoria, and Trinity, are running through my diva angles. The TV thing seems to be helping my PI too, as it's gone up 5 points since I've gotten it. I haven't even run my first monthly PPV yet.

BTW, am I not going to get any house show income? I didn't do the patch or anything, but Sophie did say that I'm running 4 house shows a week. I was hoping I'd get some extra money at the end of the month.

Oh, also to Flik, Steiner/HHH at the RR wasn't an example of a screwjob blowing off a feud. The feud didn't get blown off No Way Out the following month. Anyway, it worked fine for me as Raven went from 88 overness to 92 overness and Jarrett went from 87 overness to 96 overness. However, as soon as Jarrett started his world title feud he went back down to 93. Oh well.

How long is someone in rehab for?

An undecided amount of time. Can be anywhere from 4 days to 4 months to as much as a year. It's totally random.

And iggy, you need the patched EWR 4.0 to gain income from your house shows. Adam made a mistake with the initial version, but that problem has been rectified now and is available for download.

UYI