TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Ugliest jersey in all of current sports.

We've had this thread for all time sports, but never for current sports and trust me their are some bad ones. But for me the uglier the jersey the more likely I am to get it.

NFL: The Seahawks ugly ass pea green jerseys, just simply awful. Even I wouldn't wear them.

MLB: The Red Sox alternate bright red jerseys, I'm glad they only wore those ugly bastards a few times.

NBA: Utah Jazz road jerseys, They're ugly but for some reason I think they're cool as hell and the closest thing to a modern day throwback. I'm getting Andrei Kirilenko jersey for Christmas in fact.

Any MLS Jersey: They all look the exact same except with different colors.

Those aren't the ugly ones. They might be alternate or the years of glue sniffing have might have caught up with me.

The Seahawks don't have alternates (thank god). Just that one and this white one:

away37.jpg

Stop sniffing glue.

NBA: Utah Jazz road jerseys, They're ugly but for some reason I think they're cool as hell and the closest thing to a modern day throwback. I'm getting Andrei Kirilenko jersey for Christmas in fact.

Are you talking about the all black ones or the blue/purple ones with the white mountains on them?

flareprdwsp_f.jpg

I hate this jersey too. I like their black jersey, and home white, but the grey just doesn't work.

You lost me there. Black baseball jerseys look horrible. Should be white for home, grey for road.

meh

It really depends on the team. I think that the grey works for some, but the Marlins' color scheme just looks stupid with aqua/grey being two colors that don't really go together.

The black looks sharp, IMO.

MRL42AG.jpg

The orange Islanders alternate jersey. It makes the Fisherman jersey look brilliant in comparison.

I also hate the Canucks current logo, but they have appeased me somewhat by sticking their original logo on the unis as shoulder patches.

Atlanta Thrashers Alternate:

NHL-AUTHTHIRD-016.jpg

That doesn't even fit their fucking colour scheme.

There's a big sky-blue stripe above the bird in the logo.

And it stands out with all of the other colors on the other jerseys too, right?

NHL-AUTHWHITE-022.jpg

NHL-AUTHTEAM-022.jpg

The home one I can see, since the blue is more prominent, but the alternate should have been burgandy.

I'll chime in with my choices later, but as far as the Seahawks jersey debate goes, they DO (or at least did) have dark green jerseys. I know they had them last season, and I believe they may have even worn them a few weeks ago. I think I recall seeing the team in dark green this season while watching ESPNews.

Yeah, those dark green Seahawk jerseys are the worst in the NFL right now. It looks like they're doing an Eagles impression.

The Redskins' P.C. uniforms are horrible looking too. Somehow, they look like an NCAA team when they wear 'em.

And also, how about a topic where we discuss teams who had great uniforms and color schemes and then got ugly new uniforms? The Golden State Warriors are near the top for that one when they changed a while back.

Are you talking about the all black ones or the blue/purple ones with the white mountains on them?

Blue and purple with purple mountains. It was created in mid 90's along with a bunch of ugly other jerseys(First Grizzlies and Raptors jerseys. Hawks jerseys from five or six years ago with giant hawk) that if in five years throwbacks are still popular, will be made into throwbacks

Utah's jerseys work for what they are. The New Orleans holdovers don't fit the team; going with the purple and sky-blue mountain motif is much better. I lifted the Utah Jazz colors for my banner as seen below.

I was messing around with jersey templates and I actually designed a Vancouver Canucks sweater with a mountain-esque scheme. It kind of sucked but I used purple-grey and teal, what did I expect.

Guest Olympic Slam

Five Ugliest NHL Jerseys.............

5. Dallas Stars Alternate -

NHL-REPTHIRD-017.jpg

The cool bull logo is a step in the right direction (minus the star and red tail) but what is up with those colors? The thing looks like a Calgary Flames sweater gone horribly wrong.

4. Hurricanes Home -

NHL-REPTEAM-027.jpg

Wow a red uniform! So original. The logo looks like an ink-blot test too. I miss that wonderful "W" "H" and whale tail design from the Whalers.

3. Canucks Alternate -

NHL-AUTHTHIRD-015.jpg

Its burgundy.....no wait its navy blue.....no its.......it's both! Minus a million points for not being able to pick a color and minus another million for also ripping off the San Jose Sharks for the team's logo. The Whalers aren't around anymore, how about the 'Nucks go to those vintage greenish blue unis they've been wearing this season, full-time?

2. Thrashers Alternate -

NHL-AUTHTHIRD-016.jpg

This is almost as random as the Stars' color scheme. I'm not digging the "Atlanta" written across the shoulder either. And the logo looks like a bowl of cereal. The Thrashers got it right with their current home unis, though.

1. Avalanche Home -

NHL-AUTHTEAM-025.jpg

This is THE worst of the worst! The jagged "rocky mtn" design of the sweater and lettering! Barf! The hideous blue shoulder and arm covering! Gag! The logo that looks like an exploding Dairy Queen! The horror! Thank God the Avs finally got the color scheme and design right with these gorgeous Alternate unis........

NHL-AUTHTHIRD-018.jpg

Honorable mention to the alternate Bruins jersey mentioned earlier. I can't believe they've actually been wearing those things for nearly 9 years.