TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reverb

MTV icon

Janet Jackson and Metallica had their special and Aerosmith has their's recorded.

According to you, who should get their own MTV icon special?

As far as I'm concerned, Michael Jackson should get his, Run-DMC should get theirs. So far they're the only ones I see.

You know where my vote lies. Guns N Roses. Only have the new GNR, and Velvet Revolver both perform at the end, since having Axl and the new band taking all the credit would just be ridiculous.

Nobody. That show sucks. Nobody managed to do justice to even one Metallica song when they covered it on the last Icon.

Ugh. UGH. No more Icon.

I thought the Korn version of "One" wasn't too bad. Avril's "Fuel" however, was just fucking awful. And Lars looking like a geek pounding his feet and shaking his head to every song just ruined what could have at least been an average show. What a fucking tool.

Guest Choken One

Isn't it Raps turn?

So that means it's either Run DMC or Dre.

Doesn't Dre have a new album coming out next year? That seems to be a part of the MTVICON rules...The "icon" must have an upcoming album.

I didn't see Avril doing "Fuel". Was it as bad as Shakira doing "Dude Looks Like A Lady"?

To be polite, I'd say that it wasn't that good. To be realistic, I'd say that it was awful.

They're doing Motley Crue in February 2005 is what their official website said. I like it, but there are a lot of others who had a much bigger impact on MTV, many of them listed already in this thread.

They're doing Motley Crue in February 2005 is what their official website said. I like it, but there are a lot of others who had a much bigger impact on MTV, many of them listed already in this thread.

Who?

Dr. Dre, Madonna, or LL Cool J since they will have CDs out by the next time MTV does an ICON show.

Run DMC, REM, Michael Jackson or Prince since they have that status of ICON. But only maybe Prince will have a new CD out by then.

Actually Avril cover of Fuel was the best song out of all the bands that covered Metallica songs

Korn's version of One was the best song of the night.

Actually Avril cover of Fuel was the best song out of all the bands that covered Metallica songs

Considering the song sucked and wasn't even the full song, that's not saying much.

Must be nice being the worse of the bunch.

What am I saying? Jim Brewer's unfunny self outdid that crap Korn tried to pass off as One.

Who's official site? Crue's?

Oh, that Nikki, always looking for a little attention.

Considering the song sucked and wasn't even the full song, that's not saying much.

Must be nice being the worse of the bunch.

What am I saying? Jim Brewer's unfunny self outdid that crap Korn tried to pass off as One.

Snoop Dog and the pimps did a better job at a Metallica song than Avil.