TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HVilleThugg

I Hate Smarks SOOOOOO Much!!!

No offense to any of the smarks in this fed...

But I fucking HATE smarks! They can't let me (a lowly mark) enjoy anything! RAW was fucking awesome last night...AWESOME! HHH put Benjamin over...or, rather, he let Benjamin put himself over, and then capped it off by losing relatively clean to him! The tag match was gold (oh, and Flair is a god). The main points of the show were beautiful...

But all I see on these boards today is how much is sucked...and how HHH is still a horrible guy...and how he didn't put Benjamin over until we see how he's booked...and bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch!

Can't people just enjoy being entertained?!?

Now, if you weren't entertained, then that's fine. Danny said the match wasn't that good, and I can appreciate that opinion...but dammit! These other smarks are just won't shut up. Nothing WWE does can possibly please them.

Benoit wins the Rumble...

- WWE is killing his heat, and HHH is going to hold him down

HHH loses to Eddie and Shelton...

- He's still going ot hold them down...

For pete's fucking sake! Why do all the smarks act like they are in the locker room and know everything that's happening. How about just enjoying the fact that WWE, at least appears to be, trying to build new stars and is actually giving guys a serious push who weren't getting the push a year or 2 ago. Instead of dwelling on how much of a jerk HHH is, how about talking about the awesome match he put on with Shelton.

And I have to agree with what Danny said on the WWE board about the psychology in that match. That is the most I've seen by WWE, other than maybe Flair and Rock. The facial expressions were priceless, and the WWE production staff did some nice camera work getting close ups of those expressions.

The point is...shut up! Wrestling hasn't been enjoyable for a long while, and finally it is. Let people fucking enjoy it. Everything that happens isn't some fucking HHH-ploy to hold everyone down. How about...good show...or bad show...whatever the case may be.

I'm sorry...but smarks really freaking annoy me. I guess many of you guys are smarks...but you're cool with me cause...well, cause i know you and cause you don't usually spend pages and pages talking about conspiracy theory and how HHH is some diabolical devil who has his finger on the pulse of the universe. But I think someone should round up all the other smarks, put them in a bus, and drive it off a cliff.

Da "realizes this is a smark board, but doesn't care...besides, it's not like there are a ton of 'mark' boards around" H

I only caught a little bit of the match, but it seemed excellent, and my opinion is starting to change on HHH. If he bothers to wrestle hard and put people over, he's definitely a valuable member of the roster. I'm willing to believe that he can change if he wants to.

Guest Suicide King

It was a really good show. We had quite a fine time. I haven't seen the tape yet so I don't know how the crowd came over, but Cincy was hot most of the night. Big pops for all the faces, major heat for the heels. And the after Raw segment lasted about 20 minutes. ;)

Yeah...I heard the after RAW segment was long, with 2 SCSA appearances. On TV, the crowd came off as pretty hot for the tag and ME. There were some points where the crowd was a bit flat (at least on TV), but they seemed into the show most of the night. I like how Lance got the "boring" chant...and it's a good thing! The way he sold the Gore was gold!

Ric Flair, at the age of 123 is easily the best in the business. He can just make things happen in the ring...and the crowd really seemed to respond to him.

The whole show really was enjoyable...even down to Nidia, who has gotten a lot better I think.

Da "it's nice to talk to marks" H

I don't know about anyone else, but was I the only one that thought Orton that was having a hard time speaking was getting more freaking emotion in his promo? I thought he did.

Oh and I gotta say, Shelton Benjamin vs. Triple H was definitely a mark out moment. It was made even better by the fact that Benjamin looked like he knew he could do this, which sold me even more so on the match. Definitely a markish moment and hopefully big things ahead for Benjamin!

Well, apparently, Orton had his tonsils out or something, so he really DID have trouble speaking.

Da "can't wait to see that match" H

Well, apparently, Orton had his tonsils out or something, so he really DID have trouble speaking.

Da "can't wait to see that match" H

Um... I was more meaning he didn't seem robotic. By him being forced to make sure what he said didn't actually take so long, he didn't seem like his lines where practically fed to him.

I'm not being smarkish with that, I just mean it sounded a lot more natural out of him.

Don't worry, Thugg, most of these 'smarks" aren't really all that smart anyway. If they were, they wouldn't claim to know what happens behind closed doors in the WWE. All that talk saying HHH holds everyone down, when they have no idea what the hell really goes on. Rubbish, I say!

Yes, I don't think the match was that good. It was solid fundamental work, which makes it decent, not outstanding. But it was very nice to see a match like this on my t.v. set, as oppossed to the aimless 3 minute punch,kick,whip,run in that dominates the WWE. This match actually developed, had role playing, and told a story. Though HHH can't really play the role of a cocky grumpy vet that well in the ring, he at least can make you believe he's one with his mannerisms and body language.

They tried to do the same with the tag match except Flair brings nothing to the table but comedy spots nowdays, Batista brings nothing, and HBK is a clueless corpse. Beniot may be a shadow of his former self, but he can wrestle smart when he wants to, his leg work and the Germans to Scorpion Deathlock spot was the only thing that brought a smile to my face in that match. If Flair was the best in the business, he could have figured out how to apply the seated Abdominal Stretch, though it was nice if not sad to see him try.

See...I don't mind hearing Danny's "smarky" opinion on matches because he doesn't spend half the page talking about backstage politics and stupid crap that none of us really know for sure. I don't agree with you about Flair though...but, we're all entitled to our opinion. Flair, to me, just works very hard in the ring, and he makes up for what he lacks in wrestling ability (at age a million) with the way he sells and his mannerisms. I mean, the strut...the "oh my god, that backdrop just killed me...i think i'm gonna die"...the screamed swears...the way the crowd just eats him up...I just love it, and to me, it makes him the best...not wrestling-wise...but match/showman/entertainment-wise.

Da "see, it's not so bad" H

I marked for the Benjamin vs HHH MEmainly because the crowd was into it and the action was TV ME great.

...sans the "I jump onto your boot from the top rope...where was I going to hit you again?" spot and the HHH Flair Flop that resulted from it. God I fucking hate that spot.

...sans the "I jump onto your boot from the top rope...where was I going to hit you again?" spot and the HHH Flair Flop that resulted from it. God I fucking hate that spot.

Actually, I thought it looked a little bit better as Triple H looked like he was going for a knee drop, and Shelton got his leg up, and bashed him in the head, because Triple H had the knees bending inwards for the drop, and when he saw the foot come up, they sprang back outwards.

...at least that's what I saw last night. *shrugs* So I didn't mind the spot all that much.

What I don't understand about Smarks is why they feel they are so knowledgeable about wrestling, and why do they feel that marks are just stupid about wrestling? Is it because we don't know the move names? Or is it because we don't know what makes a good match? I mean...in the world of sports entertainment, wouldn't a good match mean one that the crowd enjoys? Cause I've seen lots of matches that they crowd seemed to love where the smarks bashed it cause it was too much punch/kick, or too many high spots, or whatever. But I could have sworn the whole point to having matches and having a company where people fight in the ring for entertainment purposes is to entertain the fans, isn't it? Well, as long as the fans are being entertained, then I don't see how a match could be bad. If the fans are entertained by two beefy hosses bumping into each other for 23 minutes, then mad props to the booking for knowing what the fans want to see and giving it to them. The match was a success in that case. Because that's what it's all about, enterainment.

I think that my biggest problem with smarks is that (and this is a generalization and may not be true for all smarks) they present things as facts when, in fact, it is merely opinion. They say a match sucked because they hated for whatever reason (too many sleepers, too much punching, whatever), and they present it as a terrible match. But the fact is...it only sucks in their eyes, and there might have been people that enjoyed the match. For example...I've seen smarks talking lots of crap about the Undertaker's return. They've been throwing out all these "facts" about why and how it sucked, when in fact, it didn't suck...at least not to me. The truth is in the eye of the beholder, and for me, it was awesome! All of the reasons they give are their opinions on what is good and what isn't, and I wish they'd stop presenting it like facts and reaming anyone that thinks differently. Why am I stupid because I enjoyed something you didn't? Seems to me like I paid 50 bucks and enjoyed myself, while you (not anyone in particular) paid 50 bucks to be miserable. So, who's stupid?

But, you know what...matches aside, the fact they smarks always seem to "know" what's happening behind the scenes that kill me. They can have their opinions about matches (but I'd wish they'd present them as such), but I get sick of them thinking they know everything about everything having to do with wrestling behind the scenes. How do you know HHH is holding people down? How do you know that there isn't a legitimate reason that RVD isn't getting pushed? You don't...because you're not either of them...nor are Vincent K. McMahon.

Nothing against you Crow because I know you were just kidding, but I'm sick of being called stupid and dumb because I like something. I'm sick of being labeled a "mark" (not that it's derogatory) because I like simple things that WWE does that the "smarks" don't like. Who they fuck are they to call me stupid? Who made them lord god over all things wrestling to tell me what's good and what's not and to label me as something because I enjoyed what they didn't? If you don't like it...then change the fucking channel. And don't call me stupid because I like something that you don't. I may not know the names of as many Japanese wrestlers as you do, but that certainly doesn't make me stupid. It just means I prefer WWE over other things...and there's notthing wrong with that. There's notthing wrong with thinking HHH is one of the greatest heels to ever grace the WWE. There's nothing wrong with popping when the Rock does the People's Elbow. It's fun...I have fun...marks are simply suspending their disbelief and enjoying the entertainment they are being presented with. Because, when it comes down to it...it's fake, and it's not supposed to be real...and it's not supposed to be perfect. It's entertainment. No one complains about the stuff they see on TV shows that don't really happen in real life. You just watch...and either you like the show or you don't. But for some reason, it seems that smarks want to add this level of reality to something that isn't supposed to be real, and if you can just step back for one second and enjoy it for what it is and what it's supposed to be, life is much easier that way (well, at least watching wrestling is).

I'm ranting, but I'll just say one last thing...the only time I complain about WWE is when I am not entertained. And I know smarks do that too, and it's just that they are not entertained by the things that entertain me, which is fine. Then just say you weren't entertained and why...and don't lecture me about backstage politics and how stupid I am because I happen to be entertained by something that did not entertain you.

Da "rant over" H

PS - All first person references were for arguments sake, and I was not referring to anyone in particular in this fed (because most of you are pretty understanding that just because some of us are marks doesn't make us stupid).

Guest Suicide King

Oh, there's no such thing as a smark and we all know it. There are two kinds of fans... marks, who like wrestling, and smarts, who like to complain about wrestling. ;)

They may be another kind that I have coined smirks, that complains specifically to feel superior to marks.

Allow me to get the Thuggster's back on this one. Overall, Smarks are far too critical of what they are seeing and they try to make you feel like an idiot because you don't agree with them.

You want reality? Here are a sampling of things overheard from the people around me on Monday night:

"Some guy downstairs told me Razor Ramon was coming back tonight."

"I hope The Rock will be here tonight."

"I bet the Undertaker shows up to kick Kane's ass."

Massive "Shelton! Shelton!" chants.

Huge, unbelieveable pops for HBK, Stone Cold, Shelton's win, Jericho and a pretty sizeable pop for Rosey (including a couple of big "Rosey Rosey" chants)

Massive heel heat for HHH, Flair, Trish and Orton.

Guest Goodear

<-- Loves the WORM, The People's Elbow, and misses the Ho Train.

Just saying is all.

At the end of the day, we're all rock fans and rap fans arguing over what makes a better classical symphony.

We both have completey different ideas of what we want to see. So called Marks and Smarks can be just as bad as each other. But as long as you've seen enough to what you watch and what else is out there to make and educated and informed opinion of what you seen, what you like and what you like to see, it should be ok.

In some sense of the word, we're all smarks anyway. We all know it's fake, the ideas of how the business is work, and that stuff. Know of us know any of the detailled ins and outs first hand. But we dont think it's real.

Different people watch for different things. Like different people listen to music for different things. That's where the difference comes from. The fact that the most vocal of one side as seen as the most bitchy by the other doesn't help.

But this dont watch it crap needs to stop. As a music fan, I feel I can listen to whatever the hell I want. And if I can make constructive and factually backed arguements about why I think an song sucks, I will do.

Same goes for wrestling, just the way the market is has a highly twisted effect on the whole watching what you want process.

In theory, if you dont like what people are sharing about the product, you should ignore it. If you start reading a topic and think everyone is talking crap, ingore it or argue. Hell, it's the internet, you'll probably never meet these people and you can say what you feel needs to be said.

Eh, nobody's right anyway.

But I'd like the to say the fact I feel I will have my head bitten off for this, and am scared of the people banding together in this topic says something to. Probably just that my points are crap though.

Guest Fire and Knives
Probably just that my points are crap though.

Actually, you have the sense to defend your opinion while recognizing the subjective nature of said opinion and making allowances for others. This is more reasonable than any wrestling fan ever acts.

They're not going to bite your head off for that. They will, however, either fall over themselves to agree with you or avoid the topic entirely.

Nicely done, Dace.

K.

Thank you Kibs. I figure it's the only decent point I can make in this situation.

But I'll but money on your bet as well. Because I'm cynical like that.

Maybe it's just my incerasing disassociation with the general wrestling product other than this e fed.

The thing I don't like about the "don't watch it" argument is - well, what am i supposed to watch? I like watching wrestling, and WWE is the only wrestling I have regular access to. We don't get TNA over here. The wrestling channel isn't on ntl yet. I don't have the disposable income to buy Puro tapes regularly off the net.

Most of the wrestlers I like are in the WWE, even if I don't like the way some of them are being used. So it makes sense for me to watch, and if i don't like what I see, i'm going to complain about it. Do I think it'll make any real difference? No. Will it make me feel better and encourage me with the fact that there are many others who agree with me? Yes.

The WWE IS capable of entertaining me. The Rumble did that. The world title matches at Wrestlemania did that. I just wish they'd do it a bit more often.

Dace, I think that was well said. And I don't really have a problem with the smarks here, per say. Like I said, I was making a generalization, realizing that not everyone is like I described.

Hell, I have no problem with people saying a match sucked and providing their reasons for why they think is sucked. My issue is with opinion being passed off as fact, and if someone doesn't agree with that "fact", they are labeled as a mark and made to feel inferior. If people want to have a discussion about opinions on something that happened on a WWE show, that's fine by me...just don't tell me I'm stupid because I don't agree with you. It's all about fact vs. opinion...and I've found that smarks seem to dwell on this notion that their opinion about what is a good match is fact and non-debatable. A lot of the smarks, or at least those I've come across, aren't like you Dace, or Danny, or even Toxxic. So, I appreciate that the smarks we have here don't have the same general traits I've found in other smarks.

And, ok...I'll give you the "don't watch it" argument.

Da "see, constructive conversation" H

Eh, being called stupid for being a "mark" isn't nearly as bad as being accused of getting sexual gratification from some Kojima match that I've never seen. But I'm not complaining, I've just grown to except the fact that wrestling discussion of any kind is the last thing you'll find in the WWE folder.

Though I don't consider myself a "smark" since the term itself is a goofy oxymoron, I understand that some label me as such. But truth be told, I'm just a wrestling fan, and yes, I actually do enjoy wrestling and it's foolish to think otherwise. If you can't critique something you love, than what the hell can you critique?