TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

well, my gf bought me a Peja jersey for our "anniversary" So that will be nice to sport around town for the rest of the Kings Postseason.

I can't believe game 1 of the series is Tuesday and Game 2 isn't until.........SATURDAY......I mean come on WTF!?!

Guest Crazy Dan

The playoff system needs a big tweaking done to it. I think that all home games should have one day of rest in between games, and then two days or rest for the days you have to travel. Lets reward the teams that are in good condition. Lets make this a grueling competition. I want the players warn down, battered, and beat up. I want to see who rises above it all, and shines. Let us see who can handle it, and who can't.

I agree with the post that too much time in between games causes fans to lose intrest. We have a bad attention span as it is. But too much time in between games is just as bad as the first round being made into 7 games.

The playoff system needs a big tweaking done to it. I think that all home games should have one day of rest in between games, and then two days or rest for the days you have to travel. Lets reward the teams that are in good condition. Lets make this a grueling competition. I want the players warn down, battered, and beat up. I want to see who rises above it all, and shines. Let us see who can handle it, and who can't.

I agree with the post that too much time in between games causes fans to lose intrest. We have a bad attention span as it is. But too much time in between games is just as bad as the first round being made into 7 games.

Why not just every other day all the way through, with rest days between home games and travel days between a home and road.

The playoff system needs a big tweaking done to it.  I think that all home games should have one day of rest in between games, and then two days or rest for the days you have to travel.  Lets reward the teams that are in good condition.  Lets make this a grueling competition.  I want the players warn down, battered, and beat up.  I want to see who rises above it all, and shines.  Let us see who can handle it, and who can't.

I agree with the post that too much time in between games causes fans to lose intrest.  We have a bad attention span as it is.  But too much time in between games is just as bad as the first round being made into 7 games.

Why not just every other day all the way through, with rest days between home games and travel days between a home and road.

Like it was 3 years ago?

And the Lakers showed up. They played hard. They just ran into the number one defense in the league. They ran into a better team. They weren't suppose to win that game .

And the  Lakers showed up.  They played hard.

You must have watched a different game.

Are you saying they didn't show up because they had trouble scroring against the best Defense in basketball? THATS WHAT THEY DO. Play defense.

Really?

I saw the Lakers shoot 70% from the field on a 23-9 run, only to crumble defensively and give up their lead.

Its called putting the clamps on. Thats exactly what the Spurs did. They put the MOfucking Clamps on and they lakers couldn't figure it out.

And they sucked defensively the whole game...the spurs just went spells when they weren't shooting well.

Really?

I saw the Lakers shoot 70% from the field on a 23-9 run, only to crumble defensively and give up their lead.

Its called putting the clamps on. Thats exactly what the Spurs did. They put the MOfucking Clamps on and they lakers couldn't figure it out.

In the 4th? Absolutely.

...the spurs just went spells when they weren't shooting well.

As did the Lakers. The Spurs have had the best defense the last 5 years... 2 of those years they won, the other 3 they lost. Defense yesterday was big, execution was bigger...many Laker turnovers were unforced.

And the  Lakers showed up.  They played hard.

You must have watched a different game.

1 Quarter the Lakers could not buy a shot and Shaq missed all of his FTs. In the 2nd Quarter they made a run and kept the lead down to single digits but still had trouble making the easy shots. Then in the 3rd after drinking Redbull they went on to score 32 points and gained the lead. But in the 4th, age started to set in as Shaq, Karl, Gary all got tired very fast and started to make stupid turnovers which the Spurs capitized on with something like 20 fastbreak points..........hell even RASHO NES-TERO-VIC outran Shaq on a few plays.

Youth & Quickness > 3 "Hall of Famers" past their prime.

For those clones out there in the SoCal who are fans of Jim Rome, let me put in a way that you will understand. In the second round of the NBA Playoffs it appears that Showtime, you know the glory days when the Lakers were running on everybody with Magic, Worthy, Scott......well it appears that Showtime has changed time zones and is now currently residing in San Antonio! The glove now has holes, Shaq Diesil is running on fumes, and the Mailman takes Sundays off? And the Spurs are playing dirty with Bruce Bowen playing tough D and the euro-playas a running Globetrotter weaves around the Lakers? CLASSIC the Fiesta choirboys are running Showtime now and nobody can stop them.

This just in from the E-mail "Neither rain, sleet, or hail will stop me from making my appointed open jump shots"

-Devean Brown

What does Brown do for you.......he gives you instant engergy and point off of the bench. CLASSIC big UPS to the hometown kid done good.

Really?

In the 4th? Absolutely.

As did the Lakers. The Spurs have had the best defense the last 5 years... 2 of those years they won, the other 3 they lost. Defense yesterday was big, execution was bigger...many Laker turnovers were unforced.

They also have had major injuries when they lost. Duncan was gone one of those years, a VERY important Derek Anderson another year and I am drawing a blank on the other...who was it...help here people!

Healthy Spurs>Healthy Lakers.

And remember when Shaq said in the offseason that he knew something was wrong when "old ass" Kevin Willis was out running him down court. Well, guess what I saw yesterday. Old Ass Kevin Willis out Running him down court.

They also have had major injuries when they lost. Duncan was gone one of those years, a VERY important Derek Anderson another year and I am drawing a blank on the other...who was it...help here people!

David Robinson had health issues for several seasons, Timmy was out with knee problems, I think Derek Anderson or Antonio Daniels ate a Misawa elbow in the playoffs and was out for the rest of the series. Also Sean Elliot had kidney surgery one year.

So, Nets/Pistons starts tonight...what do you guys think?

Tacos

Nets

Tequila!!!

NJ in five games. But the real wager is on who will get the first ejection: KMart or Rasheed.

Really?

In the 4th? Absolutely.

And remember when Shaq said in the offseason that he knew something was wrong when "old ass" Kevin Willis was out running him down court. Well, guess what I saw yesterday. Old Ass Kevin Willis out Running him down court.

...as he should.

Kevin Willis, even at his age, is probably in better shape than 98% of the players in the league.

For those clones out there in the SoCal who are fans of Jim Rome, let me put in a way that you will understand. In the second round of the NBA Playoffs it appears that Showtime, you know the glory days when the Lakers were running on everybody with Magic, Worthy, Scott......well it appears that Showtime has changed time zones and is now currently residing in San Antonio! The glove now has holes, Shaq Diesil is running on fumes, and the Mailman takes Sundays off? And the Spurs are playing dirty with Bruce Bowen playing tough D and the euro-playas a running Globetrotter weaves around the Lakers? CLASSIC the Fiesta choirboys are running Showtime now and nobody can stop them.

This just in from the E-mail "Neither rain, sleet, or hail will stop me from making my appointed open jump shots"

-Devean Brown

What does Brown do for you.......he gives you instant engergy and point off of the bench. CLASSIC big UPS to the hometown kid done good.

That has just been appointed the HUGE POST OF THE DAY~! Seriously, I mark for that take. B-)

Oh and there are plenty of clones up here in NoCal too. :cheers:

Guest Redhawk

Got this from ESPN.com...

NEW YORK -- The Dallas Mavericks were fined $25,000 by the NBA on Monday for showing a pregame video that ridiculed members of the Sacramento Kings.

The Mavs showed the collection of vignettes, some of questionable taste, before Game 3 of their playoff series against the Kings on April 24 in Dallas.

The Kings won the first-round series in five games.

Does anyone know about this? What was on the video?

NEW YORK -- The Dallas Mavericks were fined $25,000 by the NBA on Monday for showing a pregame video that ridiculed members of the Sacramento Kings.

The Mavs showed the collection of vignettes, some of questionable taste, before Game 3 of their playoff series against the Kings on April 24 in Dallas.

it had text that said, "why did webber go to michigan?" and then the song, "money, money money money.....MOOOOOOOONEY" come on, with dollar bills flying onscreen.

Then there was a graphic of Doug Christie being dragged around by his wife on a dog leash.

Vlade smoking a cigarette.

Not sure what else.

Guest TheArchiteck

Whoever takes game one will have a HUGE advantage. Pistons' aren't losing that first game.

They just need to let that past resentment run through.

Guest Redhawk

it had text that said, "why did webber go to michigan?" and then the song, "money, money money money.....MOOOOOOOONEY" come on, with dollar bills flying onscreen.

Then there was a graphic of Doug Christie being dragged around by his wife on a dog leash.

Vlade smoking a cigarette.

Not sure what else.

Oh, I see....can't have team starting up, you know, RIVALRIES. Not in the NBA, by God.

Guest Redhawk

Maybe it's already been asked, but when is Tim Duncan going to be suspended for leaving the bench during Game 1 vs. L.A.? When Tony Parker hit an and-1 layup, Duncan bolted off the bench to congratulate him. He got farther than Ron Artest did, too.

Okay, sorry, just being a bitter Pacers fan.

Guest OctoberBlood

Get use to that baby. Tayshuan is THE PRINCE. Aw, love watching him play.

Nets. O.W.N.E.D.