TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest OraleHolmes

News on the WWE Title Match at SummerSlam

With all of your bitching about Bradshaw, you all forget that he is at least over..

..the hill.

I agree.

With all of your bitching about Bradshaw, you all forget that he is at least over..

..the hill.

I agree.

I'd still actually rather see a Jindrak Vs Eddie match then a JBL Vs Eddie match. mark Jindrak isn't the best in the ring, but he definitely isn't completely terrible. And with Eddie not being a big heavyweight, the match would probaly even be better, seeing as Jindrak does better with the throw cruisers around role.

Not saying I want to see this, but I'm just saying.,...it just goes along with the current state SD is in, not that big of a difference really. And at least TL will get some more time.

Guest Rrrsh

Far worse have ME'ed at PPV's than Jinjrak. Holly and Bradshaw come to mind.

Anyone starting to think that if the WWE keeps treating Smackdown like crap that it might just get canceled?

Guest Choken One

Holly was a fluff challenger was the #4 match of the night...Four other matches got more hype then it did...

Bradshaw...well that's another story.

This is only a dream, this is only a dream, this is only a dream, none of this is really happening...WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE WAKE ME UP?!!

Guest Rrrsh

Holly was a fluff challenger was the #4 match of the night...Four other matches got more hype then it did...

Bradshaw...well that's another story.

It was still the SD title match. And if that happens, WWE will probably pump up at least 2 RAW matches and the Taker/Mordicai match more than Jinjrak/Eddie.

I don't believe this is happening. Not at all. It's just too ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that Eddie will still face Angle at Summerslam, and if not he'll go against someone credible like Booker or RVD.

However, if this does happen, I'm completely done with Smackdown. No more checking in on the main event when I'm bored and there's nothing on TV. No more reading reports. No more discussing it on the internet. I'm just done.

Guest wrestlingbs

I think the mindset they have is that they have all of their old stars on Raw, so they might as well try to create new stars on SD. The flaws in this thinking are, of course, that the only old star they have on SD (Taker) isn't gonna put anyone over cleanly, and the sad truth is the WWE has no real judge of talent. Realisticly, most of the big superstars born into the WWE came to popularity either by pure luck (Austin) or by the WWE overpushing them (HHH). So they continue to push green slugs with little promise simply due to the fact that they don't know any better.

Either that, or it's a HHH conspiracy, but that's the start of a whole new thread...

What do you guys think WWE would do if UPN said increase ratings for smackdown or its cancelled? Would WWE finally shift talent to Smackdown or would they just abandon ship and release 3/4 of the smackdown talent and move the rest to raw?

On the bright side, Jindrak hasn't had years of midcard blandness to make him look like a joke to the fans, as opposed to career midcarders Holly and Bradshaw. Sure he's not great in the ring, but there are far worse choices on Smackdown- just thank your lucky stars it's not another Billy Gunn push...

Guest OraleHolmes

As far as the entire Summerslam card is concerned, I'd like to see something like this:

Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle - WWE TITLE

Chris Benoit vs. Triple H - World Heavyweight Title

Shawn Michaels vs. Edge

Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho -- IC TITLE

Rey Mysterio vs. RVD (heel)

Shelton/Eugene vs. La Resistance -- Tag Titles

Kane/BookerShango vs. Undertaker/Sting -- Interpromotional match

John Cena vs. Chavo Guerrero -- U.S. Title

Guest Dynamite Kido

GODDAMNIT!!!!! WWE two words for a Eddie fued.....REY MYSTERIO!!!!!!!! Why is it that "creative" can't come up with anything for him, but I just did in 3 seconds?

Wow... Jindrak is the worst possible challenger I could even think of. At least Holly and Bradshaw have something resembling charisma or heat. Jindrak has NOTHING... his entire offense is a Dropkick and Crossbody, he draws less heat than anyone not named Cade, he's as bland as they come and has a recycled Mid-Card Gimmick.

What do you guys think WWE would do if UPN said increase ratings for smackdown or its cancelled? Would WWE finally shift talent to Smackdown or would they just abandon ship and release 3/4 of the smackdown talent and move the rest to raw?

Didn't UPN just renew SD? And doesn't it pull the highest ratings for the network? Unless ratings fell to sub-2.0, I don't think they're in any danger of cancelling SD.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

They can at least put Jindrak on the GAB with a higher profile match to mak him seem credible. They better not just start putting him on Smackdown in August after having him on Velocity for 6 months. Velocity does not = #1 contender.

Toronto fans will shit all fucking over that match if it takes place.

Eddy vs RVD

Eddy vs Undertaker

Eddy vs Booker

Eddy vs Rey

Eddy vs Cena

There WWE, I just gave you 5 better matches then Eddy vs Jindrak. Run with it.

Even Eddie vs. Chavo 10000000000 would be better.

Guest Cheech

Oh my god, no.

I don't think it'll happen, but just the thought of it makes me sick.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Just have Guerrero keep beating half ass competition until Angle is ready for a return. Have him accuse Guerrero of facing people not worthy of the belt...

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Crapshaw.

Did you think of that one yourself?

Guest Anglesault
Just have Guerrero keep beating half ass competition until Angle is ready for a return. Have him accuse Guerrero of facing people not worthy of the belt...

You can't run with half assed competition until November.