TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Guest Vitamin X
You don't get a menu that pops up from Lost producers/writers when the episode is done that asks if you liked it or not.

This would be awesome.

You don't get a menu that pops up from Lost producers/writers when the episode is done that asks if you liked it or not.

This would be awesome.

I'm actually kind of amazed that with the advancement of digital cable it hasn't happened.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
"2 seasons worth of emotional investment" give me a fucking break you sad emo bastard, if you want emotional investment get a fucking cat.

Legit one of the best things I've seen on this forum.

We've had our differences in this very thread, but after that line Diary of a Madman is my new favourite poster of the month.

Fuck idiots insulting people for bagging on this show.

Episode wasn't bad. I watched it in the reverse order so that sucked. Guess their streak of 3 awesome shows in a rows is over.

I guess you haven't been reading the argument very long, since we clearly stated that it's ok to complain about the show. The issue is that the main arguments have been insanely nitpicky and the people who have been bitching have been bitching for a long time. Who keeps watching a show they don't like?

So go grow a pair.

Who keeps watching a show they don't like? Those who've invested 2 seasons' worth of emotional investment you niéve, dumb bastard. Get a fucking clue.

Honestly, you can't seriously ask that as a legit question.

As a viewer you have ONE way of actually changing anything, and that's by not watching. You don't get a menu that pops up from Lost producers/writers when the episode is done that asks if you liked it or not. If you watch the show and don't like it, you are giving the show ratings. Which is a vote to keep the show going how it is.

"2 seasons worth of emotional investment" give me a fucking break you sad emo bastard, if you want emotional investment get a fucking cat. THIS IS A TV SHOW NOT A FUCKING RELATIONSHIP.

So you're going to sit there and tell me that you had ZERO emotional investment in The Wire? If they'd have just randomly done stupid storylines that moved at a snail's pace you wouldn't sit here and bitch about it? Bull-fuckin-shit.

Fuck idiots insulting people for bagging on this show.

Episode wasn't bad. I watched it in the reverse order so that sucked. Guess their streak of 3 awesome shows in a rows is over.

I guess you haven't been reading the argument very long, since we clearly stated that it's ok to complain about the show. The issue is that the main arguments have been insanely nitpicky and the people who have been bitching have been bitching for a long time. Who keeps watching a show they don't like?

So go grow a pair.

Who keeps watching a show they don't like? Those who've invested 2 seasons' worth of emotional investment you niéve, dumb bastard. Get a fucking clue.

Honestly, you can't seriously ask that as a legit question.

As a viewer you have ONE way of actually changing anything, and that's by not watching. You don't get a menu that pops up from Lost producers/writers when the episode is done that asks if you liked it or not. If you watch the show and don't like it, you are giving the show ratings. Which is a vote to keep the show going how it is.

"2 seasons worth of emotional investment" give me a fucking break you sad emo bastard, if you want emotional investment get a fucking cat. THIS IS A TV SHOW NOT A FUCKING RELATIONSHIP.

So you're going to sit there and tell me that you had ZERO emotional investment in The Wire? If they'd have just randomly done stupid storylines that moved at a snail's pace you wouldn't sit here and bitch about it? Bull-fuckin-shit.

The Wire entertains me and I enjoy the writing. I don't have anything emotionally invested in it though. I know how shows work and am actually surprised the quality hasn't dropped off over 4 seasons.

That being said, I enjoyed Alias throughout most of it's run and I didn't bitch when the 4th season wasn't that good. I know how hard it is for writers to keep coming up with fresh and exciting ideas over several seasons. So when they stop crapping gold for a while, I give them time to recover. Then if it gets really bad, I just stop watching the show.

No online petition or letter to the network, I just find something else.

Another connection

Hurley- You've got to be the leader

That and his con on Sawyer was perfect

Why don't they just stay in the houses? Do they really like the beach-front property?

Well, there's the monster inbetween them and those houses, the giant fence of death and the chance the knockout-gas toting Others might come back. I'd stay on the beach.

decent episode. but if Juliet doesn't spill EVERYTHING about The Others next week, I will legit stop watching. the difference between a paced mystery and pure bullshit stalling is the story. there's no story reason for them not to know everything now, just as there was no reason why Alex's boyfriend didn't tell Sawyer and kate everything when he was asking question.......... the only reason was, the writers couldn't think of a reason so they cut away to a different scene.

I'm glad the preview at least touched on that. It will be pure bullshit if we don't learn everything next week.

I'm with Rudo,

Moving in to the others' compound would make total sense. It's nicer, there's possibly still electricity, actual housing, and a sonic barrier weapon that can keep the security system at bay, and the Others if they don't know it's been turned back on, though there's the possiblity that they won't come back to the compound anyways. It should at least be brought up to the other castaways.

From the DVDVR thread, here's the listing of the upcoming flashbacks:

3.16 Juliet Burke

3.17 Desmond Hume

3.18 Jin & Sun Kwon

3.19 Jack Shephard

3.20 Karen & Gerald DeGroot

3.21 Charlie Pace

3.22-23 Benjamin Linus

As I search for it, does anyone have a quick link to the blast door map? I want to see what it says about the security system not being able to be in a certain area. I want to see if they have the sonic fence illustrated as a perimeter.

This was the first episode I've watched when it actually aired in a while. Last week's episode was absolutely terrible, but this one was okay. Kate bores me and Juliet looks like a handsome young lad. I always like when the retarded but sometimes cool smoke monster shows up. All irritating love triangles/quadrangles/dodecahedrons aside, I think that'll be the thing that bothers me most about this season--if we don't have some explanation for Lostzilla by the time this goes off for the summer. There's absolutely no reason not to by now--we've seen conceivably everything it can do, we know that the Others aren't controlling it and that the weird sonic death fence blocks it. It's time for a reveal, and hopefully the

Dharma Initiative and Ben flashbacks (the only ones for the rest of the season that look like they have any sort of point)

will take care of that.

Um, holy crap on one of those flashback listings.

I'm talking about the one in the middle but I absolutely can not wait for the 2 on the end. Is that the season finale?

This week was decent, I really can't wait for next week. The possibility though is that Julliette doesn't know everything they have questions about. Notice how she didn't know what the smoke monster was?

This week was decent, I really can't wait for next week. The possibility though is that Julliette doesn't know everything they have questions about. Notice how she didn't know what the smoke monster was?

I was about to say the same thing in response to Metroman's comment above. I mean, I expect a few answers, but we're OBVIOUSLY not going to get EVERY answer to EVERY question that's been raised since Season 1. That expectation, even for this show, is a little out there.

I was about to say the same thing in response to Metroman's comment above. I mean, I expect a few answers, but we're OBVIOUSLY not going to get EVERY answer to EVERY question that's been raised since Season 1. That expectation, even for this show, is a little out there.

you're right, but I was referring more to things dealing specifically with The Others. If we don't know, by the end of next episode, who The Others are, and what they are doing on the island, and why they do most of the wacky things they do... then its bullshit. pure bullshit.

I dont anticipate anything on lostzilla or the hallucinations or whatnot.

Sign in to follow this