TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

SWF Lockdown Card

The Smartmarks wrestling Federation presents...

SWF LOCKDOWN, WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH, LIVE FROM THE PEPSI CENTER IN DENVER, COLORADO!

(5:00pm PDT, 8:00pm EDT; check local listings)

Send marked matches, promos, etc. to Ace309

Opening Promo: Up for grabs

Back in America, folks. America, fuck yeah!

CLIMBING THE MOUNTAIN

Carnage vs Sacred

Carnage will in fact, get his World Title shot on Smarkdown. But until that day, Carnage will fight a Hall-of-Famer, and someone who, perhaps, knows more about true carnage than Carnage himself: Sacred.

Rules: DQ and countout apply.

Word Limit: 5500

Send To: Thoth

CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE CONTENDERSHIP MATCH

Kaine vs Austin Sly

According to my drunk post, “Because righ now Spiek still sucks ass and we need to fix that,” and by god we will, as one of these people gets the chance to rip that belt off his waist. (Joking, Spike, but you have to defend that thing, you know)

Word Limit: 4500

Send To: 5_moves_of_doom

TAG TITLE CONTENDERSHIP MATCH

Andrea Montgomery & The Ghost vs Alan Clark & Annie Eclectic

Andrea has a pretty good record when it comes to making new tag teams. The Birdman... the Ghost... Zutroy. Well, now they can go for the gold, against Alan Clark and Annie E, who do not get a hype package.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: Ace309

TRIPLE THREAT FIRST PIN WINS

David Cross vs Max King vs Stryke

Cross is in a sea of two sharks: King and Stryke. Can Cross do the impossible and jump not one, but two sharks?

Word Limit: 5500

Send To: Suicide King

SINGLES MATCH

Mike Hall vs Uncle Filthy

Checking to see if you exist. No-show and be taken off the active roster.

Word Limit: 3500

Send To: Thoth

TAG TEAM MATCH

Spike Jenkins & Sean Davis vs Manson & Todd Cortez

Is there infighting in Rev 0? I sense infighting. All good stables have infighting. Except the Clan, we just gave people arm cancer. Midnight Carnival threw pies with pandas in them. Manson and Todd Cortez are not in-fighters. They are out-boxers. OMG BOXING JOKE that no one understands.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: chirs3

OPENING MATCH

Christian Fury vs Danny Dagda

#8 and #9, per the stipulations of the battle royale, face each other here for reasons that I forgot, because that battle royale is really complicated and a 21st does something to a person, I think.

Word Limit: 4500

Send To: 5_moves_of_doom

Edited by Grand Slam

An alliterative haiku by Calvin.

Oh and Muzz, do you wanna repost Sacred's stats instead of Ace's?

Thoth- Fury versus Dagda is the first match in the Cold Front Classic. I assume it's the Prelim Match. The winner gets the HONOUR of facing the #1 seed, me, in the first round proper.

I know that, read the description. I said Opening Match because it is in fact, the opening match. Or would you like someone to hold your hand?

Thoth- Fury versus Dagda is the first match in the Cold Front Classic. I assume it's the Prelim Match. The winner gets the HONOUR of facing the #1 seed, me, in the first round proper.

I know that, read the description. I said Opening Match because it is in fact, the opening match. Or would you like someone to hold your hand?

Uhm, ok...

OPENING MATCH

Christian Fury vs Danny Dagda

#8 and #9, per the stipulations of the battle royale, face each other here for reasons that I forgot, because that battle royale is really complicated and a 21st does something to a person, I think.

If it was a joke, I kinda missed it so apologies.

Guest Suicide King

So, do things go to Tom or not? Looks like the card was re-edited to say 5_moves_of_doom again. ;)

I got nothing from TNT yet. He has the only match that materially affects the next card, so unfortunately I'll have to put the card up tomorrow morning. I'll do my best to have it up before 9 AM.

Oh shit. My computer's been sort of out of whack and I've had a lot of studying to do so I haven't really been surfing the net tonight, and I completely forgot about marking since once the booking was changed to Taamo I moronically assumed that all responsibility had been taken from me.

Anyway... well, hrm, sorry Taamo, but yes... my matches are both coming your way... and they're both double noshows. Congrats. Good thing I stopped in here before going to sleep though, otherwise I wouldn't have remembered that I was supposed to be marking until sometime tomorrow afternoon. Geh.

EDIT: It should be noted that not only were both of my matches double noshows, but also, both matches turned in weren't even actual matches because both people who actually bothered to write weren't very motivated to write against their opponents who weren't even writing. Grumble. See the cycle?

Edited by 5_moves_of_doom

Oh shit. My computer's been sort of out of whack and I've had a lot of studying to do so I haven't really been surfing the net tonight, and I completely forgot about marking since once the booking was changed to Taamo I moronically assumed that all responsibility had been taken from me.

Anyway... well, hrm, sorry Taamo, but yes... my matches are both coming your way... and they're both double noshows. Congrats. Good thing I stopped in here before going to sleep though, otherwise I wouldn't have remembered that I was supposed to be marking until sometime tomorrow afternoon. Geh.

EDIT: It should be noted that not only were both of my matches double noshows, but also, both matches turned in weren't even actual matches because both people who actually bothered to write weren't very motivated to write against their opponents who weren't even writing. Grumble. See the cycle?

Alright... I'm going to light off a tirade right here and now, because I'm home on an abbreviated lunch break on my 12 hour shift.

I drive myself home in the dead of fog, thinking about lunch and also in the back of my mind wondering what my SWF future might be like after Lockdown.

Yes, I will fully admit that I am one of those that wasn't spectactularly motivated to write my match. I'd been under the weather the past nearly week, yet still taking care of work-related items and some heinous financial bumps in the road that still haven't quite gotten cleared away.

Anyway, knowing that the likelihood of IL writing was slim to none, I put aside about an hour, hour and a half before I scuttled off to work to write something. No, it's not a match. But, it is something I actually put some thought into... A nice little character twist that I plan on expanding upon that, while conceived in a last-ditch effort, could actually be an interesting direction to take my character.

Yes, I did wind up getting my 'match' in late. I did write my marker, but was not much more specific than "I'll have my submission to you a few minutes late. It's not a match, but it's something". Maybe I should've expanded, but I wanted to finish the semi-train of thought I had going with my 'match' before I had to go to work.

Well, imagine my surprise (and frankly a little bit of disgust) when I come home now to find that not only has the match on the card I was part of been called a double no-show, but that I'm basically being called 'unmotivated' because I didn't write a 'good match' against someone not even writing.

Look, I was motivated enough get something in so as not to have a double no-show. That's more than can be said for cards I've seen in the past. And I know that there's another match in the same boat here, but... You know, I can only speak for myself.

I know I'm not going to endear myself to any of CC, or any of the markers here with what I'm saying... But sorry folks, I'm exercising the freedom of speech that I have to be ready to defend with my life 24 / 7 / 365.26. If this rankles anyone the wrong way, I am partially sorry. I've been having a rather hectic and shitty night at work, and this is just the tip of a pile of annoyances and stupidity that I've had to deal with. I apologize for maybe making a mountain out of a molehill because of my generally sour mood at the moment.

But, at the core, what I said I mean. I guess I just don't like having an effort being so easily 'blown off' as it seemed it was. Maybe I misread, and maybe I blew it all out of proportion. But, I'm just going by what I see.

Comment, flame, or delete as you wish. I've said my peace.

Back to work for me.

Actually, isn't it 'said my piece'?

Anyway, I don't blame you for not being particularly fired up to write against the dolt Dagda. Apologies for putting you against him I guess. Fact is, you showed which is more than certain people 'in' the fed. But yeah, if it were me, I'd have probably wrote a Haiku and nothing else...eh Spike?

Is the site terminably slow for anyone else, or just me?

Well, Fury, I'll apologize to you for putting Dagda in the tournament... I had to shuffle someone out to put him in there, but he told me that he would write... which, obviously, he didn't.

It's alright, you guys... No apologies owed me.

If anyone should be apologizing, it's me for making an ass out of myself a bit back there.

I -am- disappointed that IL didn't write.

But, like my quasi-effort states, and TNT's lateness with getting his 'matches' marked, and (hopefully) with IL not-showing and whoever else wrote something odd for the show... Shit comes up. People get unmotivated, or tired, or what have you...

Some people know when enough's enough, at least for now... Janus, Dace, WC, Flesher... Hell, even Mark and King came out of 'retirement' for a last hurrah because the mood struck them to finish a nearly-forgotten storyline... At least that's what I'm guessing.

But me... I'm back. I know I've been on and off over the past couple years, but... Things are stable enough to elt me come back. Nothing short of natural disaster or deployment (and both can be worked around, I'm sure), or winning the World Title and losing it... (Snicker) Will keep me away. Yes, I'll have a bout of no=show here and there, if circumstances warrant. But, I will endeavor to try and put -something- in my marker's PM box... Proved with my submission for Lockdown.

But, since work is over (at least for another 11 hours... Geez...), and I've had time to clear my head, I do want to apologize. I just... Eh, fuck... I'm a compliment whore. I like getting my recognition. I'm also a title whore, but more on that to come. :)

But... Yeah... I'm a douchetard. :) The character's turning a corner.

And I'm a douchetard. :)