TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Can someone help me make a playlist? I want to make kind of a dance-y rock thing.

The first three songs summarize how I want it to go.

"When Did Your Heart Go Missing" - Rooney

"I'm A Realist" - The Cribs

"Morden" - Good Shoes

I have the urge to download a song, but I can't remember the name of the band or the song. It was popular around `97 and samples The Imperial March as the starting lick and through out. It doesn't help that it was a total one hit wonder.

HELP!

Brian Wilson is playing in Bristol on September the 18th. Consider me as good as there.

However: I only have the exceptional Pet Sounds in my record collection as far as Beach Boys albums go, what else should I get before the concert? (Murmuring Beast this question is aimed at you).

The albums usually come in shots of two now - you must get Today/Summer Days and Summer Nights!!! two-fer and Sunflower/Surf's Up. These are not expensive from my experience in the UK - don't spend anything more than £10, I got them for a fiver. If you like them, get everything from the 60s. Buy Brian Wilson's SMILE if you can see it cheap - he'll play a bit from that.

I have the urge to download a song, but I can't remember the name of the band or the song. It was popular around `97 and samples The Imperial March as the starting lick and through out. It doesn't help that it was a total one hit wonder.

HELP!

White Town - "Your Woman"

Recently picked up the new Tim Armstrong CD. Two problems: firstly, it's called "A Poet's Life" - which I'm pretty sure I wouldn't call him a poet. Secondly, he thinks he's some sort of reggae singer now.

Also got the new Against Me! but haven't listened to it yet. I'm pretty stoked though.

HELP!

White Town - "Your Woman"

YAY!

Bon Jovi isn't even trying anymore, yet people still buy his CD's. How does he pull off some shitty ballad and yet people still buy it.

art brut's a good band but their songs don't go anywhere. plus I think the only thing really going for them is the lead singer.

Not true, the bassist, one Miss Fredrica Feedback is both charming and beautiful. I don't get what you mean saying they're songs don't really go anywhere? As in the problems brought up in the lyrics aren't resolved? If that is indeed the problem, I quite like that we're not given the answer and left to come to ones own conclusion.

I had no idea they'd been featured in the Rolling Stone though, I knew they'd been on the cover on the German edition as they're pretty big over there. Big to the point where a university has given lectures on the lyrics of Eddie Argos, and they're further up the bill than the Coral at festivals. (The Coral are pretty dire, so understandable)

Shit, I never realized that that was them in your sig. I looked at the guy with blonde hair and then knew immediately. I've been listening to Direct Hit and Nag Nag Nag Nag more and more lately. They're growing on me, I admit.

Woot Woot, seeing the shins in 11 days.

I like them, but seriously, bring a pillow.

Speaking of live shows, I saw Mastodon last night. Good times, save for the guy who decided to start a one-man pit right behind me during the set-closing "Blood and Thunder."

Bon Jovi isn't even trying anymore, yet people still buy his CD's. How does he pull off some shitty ballad and yet people still buy it.

Middle aged housewives need something to listen to.

I went to Against Me! about a year ago, and it was a great show, but I was right in front which was even more awesome, but the guy behind me was a complete douchebag. He was like 23 or something, and kept on fucking dry humping me jumping up and down RIGHT behind me simultaneously pushing me right into the guard rail. He eventually just grabbed the hair on the back of my head and threw me behind him.

Art Brut are definatly a band that grow on you. I wasn't really sure about them at first.

They're also a band that is far better live than on record. Argos' banter is wonderful, I rate them only behind the Hives in terms of charismatic live acts I've seen. If you fancy it, I've got some of their live stuff I can send your way.

Mutya Buena (formly of Sugarbabes - a shitty pop act in the UK) has just released a solo album, her single "real girl" is pretty good and there are about 3 other good songs on the album, but it's mostly shit.

I recently picked up 2 Many DJ's - As heard on Radio Soulwax pt.2 and it's still awesome.

Has anyone got Prince's new album? I really want to hear what it's like or hear some reviews. I might be going to see him live in August.

I saw Prince live three years ago on The Musicology Tour and it was probably the best I ever saw. Though that was the tour where he was playing some of his old songs for the last time (though I don't think he specified which old songs)

Today is the 20th anniversary of Appetite For Destruction's release. Damn, that makes me feel old.

Coincidentally, it's also the 10th anniversary of when Chinese Democracy was supposed to be released. ;)