TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
res37618

Possible Jesus Injury

I attended the 12/6 Smackdown house show in Johnson City, TN (probably 1500-2000 attendance in a 6000 seat building), and it appears that Jesus was injured during his match with Charlie Haas.

The dreaded "X" was given after the match to call out the trainers, and he had to be helped to the back after 5-10 minutes of attention in the ring. I don't think this was a work, as it was fairly abrupt and came out of nowhere. Guessing maybe a groin injury or something of the sort, I guess we'll find out more later today or tonight at the Smackdown tapings.

All in all, a good house show despite the low turnout. Here are quickie results:

UT defeated Heidenreich after the Tombstone. Massive pop for UT, probably the biggest of the night. Could've been worse, it was actually a watchable match.

Miss Jackie defeated Dawn Marie in a match that was 10 times better than it had any right to be. Must've been a good night for the women all around judging from the response to Lita/Trish last night.

JBL defended against Booker T and Eddie Guerrero, defeating Booker after a WWE belt to the head. The most entertaining part was the pre-match promo by JBL against Teddy Long, and the bits of match where Booker and Eddie wrestled each other. Other than that, bleh. If JBL could defend the title simply by cutting promos all the time, he'd be a fantastic champ. Sadly, though, you have to wrestle.

Kenzo/Rene defended the tag belts vs. RVD/Mysterio. Match of the night, no doubt. I think Kenzo pinned Rey after his backward-slam thing, but I was distracted when the pin occurred, so I'm not sure.

Chavo defeated Kidman. Good match, 'nuff said.

Jesus defeated Haas after a rollup - see above for injury story.

Big Show defeated Angle/Reigns/Jindrak in a handicap match - no doubt a test run for Armageddon. Show pinned the cronies after a chokeslam to both as Angle looked on. Passable match, hopefully will get better for the PPV.

Spike defended against Funaki, Nunzio, and Shannon Moore. OK match, but too short. I think Spike pinned Funaki, but I could be wrong about that.

All in all, an entertaining house show, but nothing out of the ordinary by any stretch. But hey, I'm easily entertained, so I may be a little too positive about it. Lack of a crowd really hurt the atmosphere, but the guys really tried to put on a good show, so kudos to them.

I have a guilty mind...I laughed when I saw the title of this thread, for obvoius reasons.

Don't worry, I did too :)

I think this injury really sucks, it's almost like fate doesn't want the one good feud on Smackdown (Cena vs Carlito/Jesus) to continue.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Please say he is out until Easter...

...what a comeback angle.

Wait...so they have house shows on the same day that they have programming on? :huh:

That's kind of stupid isn't it? (I mean, it'd take away those viewers) Or is it at an earlier time or something?

Guest The Shadow Behind You

The U.S Title scene is cursed.

John Cena is "Stabbed".

Carlito (legit) fucks up his shoulder and is out for 3-5 months

and Jesus is hurt here.

I think Hardcore deserves that US Title he's due.

Wait...so they have house shows on the same day that they have programming on? :huh:

That's kind of stupid isn't it? (I mean, it'd take away those viewers) Or is it at an earlier time or something?

Smackdown and Raw have completely different fanbases, silly. Don't you listen to Linda?

Guest Dazed
I'm telling you, Jesus will be back!

He always gets beaten, because it takes 3 days for him to make a comeback.

I noticed Jesus's injury last night at the Smackdown tapings. He did a good job masking it on camera, but as he, Carlito, Akio, and London were getting in their van, he was limping very heavily.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
Maybe they can bring in BJ Whitmer instead?

Jesus vs Hillbilly Jesus?

From Metzler:

"According to backstage sources, the Jesus injury is not real, but was set up by Triple H, who, despite 2 billion worldwide fans and 2000 years on the best-sellter lists, believes he is, in fact, bigger than Jesus. When reached for comment, a midget in a bikini speaking on behalf of Triple H speculated over a future mask between Jesus and God himself, Triple H. The match will reportedly be a ladder match"

From Metzler:

"According to backstage sources, the Jesus injury is not real, but was set up by Triple H, who, despite 2 billion worldwide fans and 2000 years on the best-sellter lists, believes he is, in fact, bigger than Jesus.  When reached for comment, a midget in a bikini speaking on behalf of Triple H speculated over a future mask between Jesus and God himself, Triple H.  The match will reportedly be a ladder match"

You really should quit that. It's my damn gimmick.

Wait...so they have house shows on the same day that they have programming on?

Smackdown and Raw have completely different fanbases, silly. Don't you listen to Linda?

I could've went, and got in free, but I didn't. I watched Raw instead. I think that's kind of ironic myself.