TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dropkickguy

Most impressive wrestling debut.

Guest dropkickguy

I think Y2J's debut was the best 'cause of the hype the actual debut was entertaining as heck, at the very least it did not dissapoint. Your thoughts on other memorable debuts.

Guest Duncan Eternia

Jericho. Good build up, held his own against The Rock. Of course, they did job him out like a month later, but the debut itself was great.

I missed Jericho's debut, but I've seen clips and it was tremendous.

I marked out so hard for Tazz's debut, it's a shame he wasn't treated with more respect while he was a part of the active roster.

The night Lance Storm superkicked Perry Saturn as his debut was also great.

Rob Van Dam. Or I guess you could say 'ECW'.

I can remember RVD just running out of the crowd with someone else (I think Dreamer) and an ECW tshirt and it was just like HOLY SHIT. (wasn't really a 'smark' then..so I hadn't read anything about it) And then, next thing I know...there's RVD, Dreamer, Rhyno, Tazz, Justin Credible, etc. all standing there ready to kick ass. And I wasn't even an avid ECW watcher, but that was a mark out moment forme.

Guest Trivia247

Jericho's was an awesome debut because no one quite knew what the whole clock thing was all about, until during that interview it ran down and All of a sudden you saw Jericho's name and there he was, complete with WCW Top knot and goatee.

I am also liked the Tazz debut. the crowd knew he was in the house and was chanting his name, then sudden Out he bursts from his pyro and handed Angle his first WWF loss.

I was watching Royal Rumble 2000 at a sports bar with some friends, and I was the only one who knew who Tazz was. Everyone was marking out for him at the end of the match though. It was very cool.

Lesnar, nothing better than coming out and smashing each wrestler in every division, heavyweight superwieght,cruiserwieght and even tag teams!!!!

golden

The only problem was that on that week's Smackdown, he almost attacked my signature girl.

And that was when she was dressed in that cute Superhero outfit she was wearing.

Tazz's debut was awesome. I loved it.

I marked out like a bitch for the re-debut of the Undertaker, with his new biker gimmick. He just came out, kicked ass, and at the same time, SCREWED The Rock, and cost him the Iron Man Match against HHH.

I can remember RVD just running out of the crowd with someone else (I think Dreamer) and an ECW tshirt and it was just like HOLY SHIT. (wasn't really a 'smark' then..so I hadn't read anything about it) And then, next thing I know...there's RVD, Dreamer, Rhyno, Tazz, Justin Credible, etc. all standing there ready to kick ass. And I wasn't even an avid ECW watcher, but that was a mark out moment forme.

I was at that show live.

One of the best live wrestling moments I've ever experienced. And I've experienced a lot of them (debut of Scott Hall in WCW, the first Sting vs. Hogan match in 1995, David Flair being given the U.S. Titl---oh, wait....)

Didn't they just sort of sit there for their introduction?

Yeah, then minutes later, they handed the New Age Outlaws' their asses.

Guest LooneyTune

I think all the good ones have been mentioned. :( Going by returns though, Ric Flair coming back the night after SSeries 2001 made me mark out.

WWF actually booked Kanes debut pretty well...he destroyed not only jobbers and people on their way out, but manhandled Mankind and the Undertaker.

Guest Korgath

I actually thought Cena's debut as a rookie wannabe who agreed to go one-on-one with Angle was quite decent.

Or maybe I'm getting confused with Spanky's.

Ah whattheheck.

Guest Trivia247
Tazz's debut was awesome. I loved it.

I marked out like a bitch for the re-debut of the Undertaker, with his new biker gimmick. He just came out, kicked ass, and at the same time, SCREWED The Rock, and cost him the Iron Man Match against HHH.

I'll concur with the undertaker one too...both the debut and his redebut..

first the Debut the original Undertaker debut scared the shit out alot of kids in the audence. This guy just came down and he was like a stone slab. Walked in destroyed everything that moved and walked out when he was eliminated via countout. I would ever go as far as concur with a certain unmentionable person who retro rants the ppv events, He said that the Undertaker just crushed left and right and when he tagged out, He did because he FELT like it and not because he needed to.

the debut in 2000 was awesome to the point where everyone knew he was coming, from those little girls in the boiler room doing that freddie Kruger knock off chant. Even after they revevved up American Bad ass, you didn't quite know what was coming. Then down Comes Taker. And he Trashed everyone to the BOOM of the Crowd. Literally the only way you heard the commentators was if they were screaming.

Well I certainly enjoyed the debut of glacier, lots of build up and.... lol i just kidding, but i did like goldust deb... dang nab it i keep joking but seriously Booker T's was awesome because i was waitin 4 him 2 finally show up during the invasion and Eric Bischoff's debut was remarkable with the relationship him and Vince had in the past

Guest Salacious Crumb

I didn't like Lesnar's. I thought it was silly that he didn't even bother to pin anyone for the title after he had just destroyed everyone.

I think Jericho's debut was probably my favorite WWF one though.

Is that on any DVD's that have been released?

Guest BDC

While Jericho was great, I don't think he matches the pure electricity from Tazz's. That was incredible.

Guest Ransome
Is that on any DVD's that have been released?

Theres an obscure 2001 WWF DVD called 'Action' that has the entire ECW invasion segment on it. I dunno if you'd be able to find it anywhere, but it's hosted by Coach and actually has quite a good selection of early 2001 TV matches on it (eg Rock vs Austin post-WM cage match, Austin vs Angle in January, Jeff Hardy winning the IC title, etc) and recaps a lot of their storylines, like the entire Vince-Trish saga and a bunch of the Austin-Angle skits.

If it helps, Raven and Trish Stratus are on the cover.